Good for Business
Good for Business
China's tea production giant Yunnan Dianhong Group is considering setting up a representative office in Lithuania that could serve as a marketing center for Europe, Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius said, cites LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: China, Good for Business, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on provisional data, in May 2016, the turnover (VAT excluded) of retail trade enterprises amounted to EUR 793.4 million at current prices; against April 2016, seasonally and calendar adjusted, it decreased by 0.1% at constant prices (seasonally and calendar unadjusted – increased by 5.1%).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
As the EUR 22 million worth project for modernization of diesel trains for Latvia’s Pasazieru Vilciens passenger train company will not be completed also by the extended deadline on June 30, the Latvian government today granted another extension until September 20, 2016, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Largely as a result of interaction between the Tax and Customs Board and around 670 entrepreneurs on the subject of incorporation, more people have started to pay payroll taxes and have paid altogether slightly more than one million euros in such taxes in the past eight months, the tax authority said LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Estonian School of Hotel and Tourism Management (EHTE), a private school providing applied higher education in Tallinn, has been declared bankrupt, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation, Tourism
Baltic States: Opinion
The new project Nord Stream 2 providing for the construction of another gas pipeline under the Baltic Sea has been actively discussed in different countries. BC offers its readers a series of articles on this hot topic with the comments of Romans Baumanis, Regional Adviser of Nord Stream 2 for the Baltic states. In the first article of the cycle, we talked about the operation of the first submarine pipeline Nord Stream 1, touching upon the reasons for the development of the second project.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Latvia
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On 21-22 June, Riga will welcome a meeting of political directors of the Foreign Ministries from the countries – members of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE). The meeting is hosted by Latvia as the country coordinating the Baltic and Nordic cooperation (NB8) in 2016, informed BC the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.05.2016.Tallinn e-Governance Conference seeks to answer the question “What are the benefits of e-governance?”
- 28.06.2016Real estate markets could wobble as UK votes to leave the EU
- 28.06.2016Sales of Estonian Go Group down to EUR 49 mln in 2015
- 28.06.2016Extra EUR 4 mln to be granted to first-time home buyer program in Latvia
- 28.06.2016EU commissioner promises new solutions to dairy sector crisis in July
- 28.06.2016Russian officials inspecting 4 Estonian fish processing companies
- 28.06.2016Piret Murk-Dubout becomes CEO of Tallinn airport
- 27.06.2016Further delay in upgrading of diesel trains for Pasazieru Vilciens in Latvia
- 27.06.2016Vice-mayor: Brexit not to affect operations of Riga port
- 27.06.2016Extraction of oil shale in Estonia totals 14.9 mln tons in 2015
- 27.06.2016Lithuanian economist: UK may maintain free trade with EU after Brexit
- 27.06.2016ABB Lithuania’s pretax earnings are forecast to decline to 591,000 euros in 2016
- 27.06.2016IBM Lithuania posts stable results for 2015
- 27.06.2016Lietuvos Energija mulls cooperation with Blue LNG
- 27.06.2016Powers of PERH managers in Estonia temporarily limited
- 27.06.2016Number of visitors to Riga Zoo peaks in 2015
- 27.06.2016Lithuania's Viciunai ir Ko targets EUR 129 mln sales in 2016