Good for Business
Good for Business
The listed Finnish meat group HKScan is to increase exports from its Rakvere meatpacking factory in northern Estonia to New Zealand to 100 tons a month.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Estonia, Foodstuff, Good for Business, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Lithuania's Special Investigation Service (SIS) has brought suspicions of abuse of office against Panevezys District Mayor Povilas Zagunis of the ruling Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union (LFGU) as part of a probe into the local authority's public procurement activities, reports LETGA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Legislation, Lithuania, Society
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Klaipeda lagged behind Riga in terms of container traffic in January, the Lithuanian seaport's authority said LETA/BNS.
20.02.2017.UPB and Re&Re the only construction companies that meet requirements for building Liepaja Prison
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Estonian Minister of Finance Sven Sester has proposed to the government to plan strategic investments that increase Estonia's competitive ability and defense ability in the amount of 315 mln euros in 2018-2020.
Keyword tags: Budget, Economics, Estonia, Investments, Markets and Companies
16.02.2017.Latvian Agriculture Ministry sets up task force to analyze opportunities for reducing VAT on food
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The committee for the election of the rector of the University of Tartu on Monday registered incumbent rector Volli Kalm and Professor Margit Sutrop as candidates for the election to be held at the end of next month.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia
27.01.2017.AmCham Latvia supports openness of higher education systems and participation in international scientific processes
Baltic States: Opinion
The absolute majority of financial market participants supervised by the Bank of Lithuania acknowledge that supervision by the central bank is effective, while the respondents assess highly the competence and behaviour of the supervisory staff – this is reflected in the results of the first survey of this kind. Market participants expect consultancy and assistance from the central bank, as well as quick response to inquiries and notifications, enhancement of submission of electronic documents.
Keyword tags: Banks, Direct Speech, Financial Services, Lithuania
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On Friday, the Russian national award for achievements in business aviation – the Wings of Business – will be held in Moscow for the first time. Rietumu Bank is the general sponsor of this event.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Transport
08.02.2017.Blockchain will fundamentally transform exchange business – Funderbeam CEO Kaidi Ruusalepp
06.02.2017.5 blockchain applications in Fintech. IBM leading engineer will speak at Tallinn conference
02.02.2017.A special conference is organised to debate the role of strategic thinking and possible problem solving in state and business affairs
- 21.02.2017M. Kučinskis and Brexit Minister agree on inviolability of interests of Latvia's residents working in UK
- 21.02.2017Electricity consumption in Lithuania: highest in a quarter of a century
- 20.02.2017Latvia earned EUR 8.5 mln from Estonians' alcohol purchases
- 20.02.2017EU’s future from the Parliament’s plenum in Strasbourg
- 20.02.2017Baltic Dairy Board has sent its first shipment to US
- 17.02.2017The number of building permits issued and new buildings completed increased in Lithhiania
- 17.02.2017Lithuania posts EU's biggest q-o-q construction growth
- 17.02.2017Health Inspectorate says new Stradins Hospital wing ready to be put in operation
- 17.02.2017Criminal probe launched to investigate failure to conduct border checks at Riga Airport
- 17.02.2017Cereal cropland in Latvia increased significantly – by 6.5 %
- 17.02.2017Russian startup aims to build small-scale LNG terminals around Baltic Sea
- 17.02.2017Lithuanian move to ban RTR Planeta broadcast in line with EU law
- 17.02.2017Several airBaltic flights delayed, cancelled or diverted due to incident at Riga Airport
- 17.02.2017Riga International Airport resumes work
- 17.02.2017Optimism of Estonian SMEs has waned
- 17.02.2017People unharmed as Vim Airlines plane skids on runway at Riga Airport