Good for Business
Good for Business
341,486 foreign guests stayed at Riga accommodation establishments in the third quarter of 2013, a 22.7% increase on the respective period in 2012, according to data from the Riga Tourism Development Bureau, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Latvia, LIVE RIGA, Tourism
11.12.2013.Lithuanian neurology-produced biometric technology MegaMatcher acquired by Sri Lankas authority
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Latvia has managed to achieve considerable economic recovery and, even though several macroeconomic risks remain, the introduction of the euro will mark a new era in Latvia, according to the most recent Moody's Analytics forecast, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia, Rating
11.12.2013.Estrela’s controversial resolution on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights rejected in EP
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Riga Castle blaze broke out in a section that was used by the construction company and was caused by an open fire, experts invited by state property management company Valsts nekustamie ipasumi (State Real Estate) have concluded, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Construction, Financial Services, Insurance, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Several dozen thousand Latvian euro starter kits were sold yesterday, the first day the kits went on sale in Latvia, according to data collated by the Nozare.lv business portal, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
On 9-10 December over 200 education experts from 33 UNESCO participant countries gather in Vilnius to discuss how to improve accessibility, quality and efficiency of lifelong learning, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Legislation, Lithuania
06.12.2013.Former German ambassador presents National Library with 19th century Latvian translations of the Bible
Baltic States: Opinion
These last months the Eastern partnership countries got worldwide attention. The reason for the increase of interest in these countries is due to a set of political events, decisions and actions that recently took place in that region. Before the Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius started, some Eastern partnership countries were facing a dilemma regarding the choice of their geopolitical future – a choice between the EU's model of integration and the Russian Eurasian course.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Legislation, Lithuania
05.11.2013.Frans Timmermans: in carrying our structural changes, Europe will become stronger after crisis
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
On 10-11 December, the EU Network for the Implementation and Enforcement of Environmental Law (IMPEL) General Assembly, organized by the Environmental Protection Agency and IMPEL Secretariat, is taking place in Vilnius, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Ecology, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Legislation, Lithuania
28.11.2013.Grybauskaite at Eastern Partnership Conference: civil society is the strength of every nation
- 11.12.2013Tallinn to invest 25 mln euros in building new roads
- 11.12.2013Estonian companies start marking metal to fight theft
- 11.12.2013Ban on imports in Russia and increase in milk price reduced the profit of Lithuanian dairy producers
- 11.12.2013Heating price in Lithuania decreased by 10.7% in 11 months
- 11.12.2013Most expensive car sold in 2013 in Lithuania costs 776,000 litas
- 11.12.2013Latvian Police: PBK's broadcast on Lithuania's fight for freedom is a display of "soft-power"
- 11.12.2013EU Ministers adopted the conclusions on the fight against cigarette smuggling
- 11.12.2013Paet: EU made several mistakes regarding Ukraine
- 11.12.2013Stricter control mechanisms being readied for insolvency administrators in Latvia
- 10.12.2013In Estonia, exports decreased by 1% and imports by 6% in October
- 10.12.2013Targeted investment for growth: new Commission’s rules for cohesion
- 10.12.2013Ukrainian investors open new beer restaurant Stargorod in Riga
- 10.12.2013Kaljas: 55.5% structures at Zolitude Maxima performed no load-bearing function
- 10.12.20133 new options proposed for calculating minimum subsistence level in Latvia
- 10.12.2013Price of dairy products in Latvia will increase by 5%-10% in 2014
- 10.12.2013Estonia will invest in start-up companies