Good for Business
Good for Business
The Lithuanian Film Centre has granted EUR 390,378 of state funding for 14 national film projects. 9 projects – including one interactive project – were granted financial assistance for development, and 5 film projects – two features, one documentary, one short animation, and one short fiction film – received support for the production, the Centre reported LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The European Commission has adopted a law aimed at creating simpler, modern and integrated EU customs system to support cross-border trade. The new custom rules will apply in all member states from 1 May 2016. This act will be supplemented by an additional implementing law, which will set out procedural details.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Baiba Rubesa will be appointed chairwoman of the board at the joint-stock company RB Rail, a joint venture of the Baltic countries set up for implementation of the Rail Baltica railroad project, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Vienna Insurance Group (VIG) signed an agreement today on the acquisition of 100% of shares in the Latvian insurance company Baltikums. The company will be fully taken over after the necessary permissions are received, reports LETA, according to VIG.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Insurance, Latvia, Legislation, Mergers and take-overs
24.07.2015.Kutris: if Citadele had been sold to another candidate, difference in price wasn’t that significant
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
In the coming academic year 2015/2016, the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research in Estonia will be supporting the activities of 22 Sunday schools via the Integration and Migration Foundation with 101,592.31 euros, the Integration and Migration Foundation announced LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, Education and Science, Estonia, Legislation
08.07.2015.EUR 9 mln to be spent on helping 5,000 young individuals out of school and work in Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
One of the most important ICT events in the Baltic State region will be held in Riga from August 10 to August 13, 2015: the fifth anniversary International Telecommunications Conference and Exhibition TELCO TRENDS 2015 will start at the hotel Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Technology, Telecomunications
17.07.2015.Journal: there were twice as many children on Mezaparks Stage than recommended by experts
- 29.07.2015Scandinavian groups Arla Foods and Valio interested in Latvijas piens controlling stake
- 29.07.2015Closing Ekseko in Estonia would cause chain reaction making thousands of people suffer
- 29.07.2015In June, Lithuania's electricity price traditionally rose
- 29.07.2015Estonian rural life minister tightens biosafety requirements for pig farming
- 28.07.2015Baltic farmers cannot agree on amount of aid for dairy industry from Brussels
- 28.07.2015First baby born in Latvia using preimplantation genetic screening of embryos
- 28.07.2015Turnover of trade and repair of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania grew by 11% in June y-o-y
- 28.07.2015Russia could ban flower imports from Latvia, Lithuania and several other EU countries
- 28.07.2015Russia bans import of several Latvian fish canneries' products
- 28.07.2015Vilnius airport to be sold to entrepreneurs
- 28.07.2015Lithuanian and Baltic companies to build Rail Baltica
- 28.07.2015Lithuanian Vilkyskiu Pienine signs contract on connection to gas distribution system
- 28.07.2015Estonian Air earned punctuality award from Sheremetyevo Airport
- 28.07.2015Latvia to request additional aid from EU for the dairy sector
- 28.07.2015Latvian EcoMin should take responsibility for liquidation of Construction Inspectorate
- 28.07.2015Increasingly more illegal immigrants seek asylum in Latvia