Good for Business
Good for Business
US risk investor Andreessen Horowitz together with companions invested 58 million dollars in the Estonian start-up company TransferWise, which is so far the largest amount of money invested in a startup of Estonian origin, LETA/Äripäev.ee reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Good for Business, Investments, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
During an official visit to Georgia, Lithuanian Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius called his counterpart Irakli Garibashvili to develop closer bilateral cooperation, especially in the areas of agriculture and food technology, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
An increasing number of Estonian farmers are applying for a grace period in repayment of loans to banks, and the amount of payment defaults of agricultural companies has increased from 1.5 million to 2.3 million euros, LETA/Eesti Päevaleht writes.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Estonia, Financial Services, Loan, Markets and Companies
26.01.2015.De facto: Volkswagen dealerships allegedly organized tenders on behalf of officials in Latvia
26.01.2015.Possibilities discussed on promoting the export of Latvian agricultural goods to Tajikistan
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Central Bank will also purchase Latvia's bonds and, hopefully, part of the money pumped into the European economy will also reach Latvia and foster bank lending here, as the Bank of Latvia President Ilmars Rimsevics said in an interview with the Latvian State Television this morning, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
QS World University Rankings has published a list of the best universities in the region of emerging Europe and central Asia, Vilnius University is in TOP-50, reports BC university’s press service.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Rating
22.12.2014.Latvian education minister: impossible to increase salaries for all teachers from September
Baltic States: Opinion
CSR Latvia is CSR Europe’s second Baltic national partner. In this interview, Agnese Alksne, Chairwoman of the Board of CSR Latvia, outlines what they as a stakeholder network see as current CSR trends and challenges in Latvia and the Baltics; and comments on the upcoming Latvian EU presidency.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
26.11.2014.Dauksts: Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientist or official from Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
"Expo 2015" limited partnership may have to pay back the money it has been paid for the development of the Latvian pavilion at the "World Expo 2015" fair in Milan, Economy Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola (Greens/Farmers) told the press representatives on January 23rd, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
- 26.01.2015Estonian dairy producers would sell a quarter cheese production to Japan
- 24.01.2015Trade Unions: Ida-Virumaa needs urgent help
- 23.01.2015President: Qatar could become important export market for Latvian farmers and food producers
- 23.01.2015Milk quotas likely to be exceeded 1% in Latvia; applicable fine – EUR 2 mln
- 23.01.2015Lithuanian PM has no doubts about heating sector reforms
- 23.01.2015Swedbank: effects of Russian crisis on companies smaller than expected in Estonia
- 23.01.2015Estonian government approved joining European Space Agency
- 23.01.2015Latvia works with the Economic and Social Committee in bringing the EU closer to its citizens
- 23.01.2015Lithuania is approaching its waste management target
- 23.01.2015Switzerland is interested in making further investments in Latvia
- 23.01.2015Latvian Saeima to review legislation on restitution of several Jewish properties
- 23.01.2015MFA Pentus-Rosimannus opened the new Estonian Embassy building in Beijing
- 23.01.2015Russia to pick which EU states can export food
- 23.01.2015Lithuanian Radio and TV Commission: Russian channels are willing to negotiate
- 23.01.2015Interior minister: US law enforcement experience is highly valuable to Lithuania
- 23.01.2015UK rail companies interested in Rail Baltica project