Good for Business
Good for Business
The satellite LitSat-1 of the Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) is already successfully controlled form the Earth. On Tuesday, the satellite radio station of KTU established a two-way connection with LitSat-1 for the first time, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Good for Business, Lithuania, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, the change of the consumer price index in February 2014 was 0.1% compared to January 2014 and 0.6% compared to February of the previous year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Inflation, Markets and Companies
07.03.2014.Estonian Prosecutor's Office starts criminal proceedings regarding Paet-Ashton phone call recording
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Yesterday, Agriculture Minister Janis Duklavs (Greens/Farmers) had a meeting with Israeli Ambassador to Latvia Hagit Ben-Yaakov to discuss cooperation opportunities in agriculture, the Agriculture Ministry informed LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Water
07.03.2014.Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania turns to Prosecutor Office over Russian propaganda
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Swedbank, Rietumu banka and ABLV Bank were the most profitable banks in Latvia last year, informs LETA, referring to the Association of Commercial Banks of Latvia data.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
06.03.2014.Siim Kallas working as president of Eesti Pank issued warranties worth hundreds million dollars
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
A global consultation company Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) released its ranking list QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014 which ranks the specialties of top universities in comparison with each other. Estonia makes the list with three specialties: the highest position (51–100) is maintained by the communication studies curriculum of the University of Tartu, modern languages, history and archaeology rank on places 151–200, Tartu University informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Rating
25.02.2014.Latvian Audit Office: Ministry may be violating the law in planning earmarked subsidies for teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin met with media representatives to answer a number of their questions, in particular with regard to the situation in Ukraine, informs kremlin.ru.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
The 20'th International exhibition for furniture, furniture and interior design, furniture fabrics, fittings and equipment FURNITURE (BALDAI) – Baldai, Interjeras, Dizainas will be held in Vilnius at the Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Center LITEXPO on March 20-23, 2014, the organizers said in a statement, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
03.03.2014.The CEO of «Russian Fuel and Energy Complex in the XXI Century» Forum informed about the main theme
- 06.03.2014In January industrial production volume in Latvia reduced by 11% y-o-y
- 06.03.2014Latvia’s Saeima strongly condemns Russia's military aggression in Ukraine
- 06.03.2014Towards universal global climate agreement: agenda for the Baltic States
- 06.03.2014PM presented the priorities of Lithuanian Government for 2014
- 06.03.2014Estonian Air carried 32,152 passengers in February
- 06.03.2014Arco: rental market enlargement is a real support to young families
- 06.03.2014Finland stalls building LNG terminal
- 06.03.2014Government approves of bill of ratification of Estonian-Russian border agreements
- 06.03.2014Persona non grata list for Ukrainians published by Latvian MFA
- 06.03.2014Dombrovskis withdraws his candidacy for EU Commission president
- 06.03.2014A new stamp dedicated to Vytautas Magnus University to be released
- 06.03.2014Usakovs: Latvia must maintain good relations with Russia
- 06.03.2014Lithuania's position on Ukraine should not affect negotiations with Gazprom
- 06.03.2014Lithuania's FinMin doesn’t reject opportunity of minimal monthly salary increase in 2015
- 06.03.2014Freeport of Ventspils cargo turnover increases by 8% in January-February
- 06.03.2014Issues related to energy generation and market functioning discussed in Lithuania