Good for Business
Good for Business
As of January next year, the beverage producer Cido grupa will become a partner to one of the world's leading food and beverage producers - the U.S. corporation PepsiCo, and launch production of PepsiCo beverages for the Baltic market, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Business, Economics, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies
02.10.2015.Startup Estonia: state has gained € 11.7 mln. in tax revenue from startups within six months
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Only 8.3 % of migrants' applications for asylum in Latvia are approved, and Latvia is ranked last in the European Union in this respect, according to data for the first six months of the year collated by Pew Research Center, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Demography, Latvia, Quality of life
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Euromin Holdings , the majority shareholder in the Latvian joint-stock oil company Ventspils nafta, has purchased another 11,016 shares in the company, according to an announcement by the Nasdaq Riga Stock Exchange, writes LETA.
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In August, producer prices in Latvia declined 0.5 % from July, which was the fifth smallest reduction in the EU, according to the latest report released by the EU statistical office Eurostat, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Business, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The University of Latvia for the first time has been listed in "The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016", taking 601st-800th place, as the University of Latvia, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
22.09.2015.The wage fund of teachers and cultural, social, and internal security workers increased by 4% in Estonia
17.09.2015.Estonian government didn’t give permission for study language exception in 5 schools in Tallinn
Baltic States: Opinion
Prime Minister Mrs. Laimdota Straujuma at the high Council meeting between FICIL and Latvian Government on 25 September 2015 in Riga.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Today, the anniversary X KAZENERGY Eurasian Forum on the theme “New Energy Horizons: Prospects for cooperation and investments” has continued its work at the Palace of Independence (Astana), informs Shaira Rakhimova, KAZENERGY Association Press Office.
Keyword tags: Economics, Energy, Energy Market, Forum, Gas, Gas Market
- 30.09.2015INVL Technology decided to transferred shares of Acena to BAIP
- 30.09.2015Estonia's industrial production volume decreased in August, 2015
- 30.09.2015Eurostat: 8.9% of Lithuania's population will be aged 80 or over by 2080
- 30.09.2015Lithuanian police seizes record amount of cocaine
- 30.09.20152016 budget will slow down Latvia's economic growth rate
- 30.09.2015Latvia has signed an agreement on purchase of ''Sentinel'' radar systems
- 29.09.2015In 2014, the gender pay gap decreased in Estonia
- 29.09.2015In August, construction input prices increased by 0.5% in Lithuania
- 29.09.2015Turnover of retail trade and catering enterprises in Lithuania decreased slightly in August
- 29.09.2015Purchase of electric cars has almost stopped in Estonia
- 29.09.2015Latvian PM: budget priority in 2017 could be healthcare
- 29.09.2015The trade and repair of motor vehicles in Lithuania reduced by 9.8% in August
- 29.09.2015Latvia's GDP projected to increase 3% in 2016
- 29.09.2015Approximately EUR 16 mln will be needed to take-in 531 refugees in Latvia
- 29.09.2015EcoMin: capital tax in Latvia would be more efficient solution than solidarity tax
- 29.09.2015The global agenda for sustainable development: tasks for the EU states