Good for Business
Good for Business
Euroaptieka farmacija, the company that runs the Euroaptieka chain of pharmacies in Latvia, posted EUR 32.82 million in turnover last year, whereas pharmaceutical wholesale company Euroaptieka turned over EUR 32.54 million, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Good for Business, Latvia
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The joint-stock egg and egg products maker Balticovo posted EUR 39.76 million in turnover last year, which is 18 percent less than in 2012 - EUR 48.72 million,informs NOZARE.LV/LETA reffering to data from Firmas.lv.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Until the end of 2014 it is expected to renovate 300 apartment-blocks, 13,500 households will be provided with state support to renovate these apartment-blocks, informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Lithuania, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Valerijs Maligins, the CEO and one of the largest shareholders at the pharmaceuticals company Olainfarm, has sold his 127,895 Olainfarm shares for a total of EUR 999,943, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The pocket-sized reference book provides information about the economic indicators of Estonian agriculture, agricultural land use, the area and yield of field crops and fruit and berry plantations, the number and production of livestock, and the use of mineral and organic fertilisers. Comparisons with previous years ensure a thorough overview of the development of Estonian agriculture. The information is presented as tables and diagrams.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Book review, Economics, Estonia
Baltic States: Opinion
Economy Minister Vjaceslavs Dombrovskis (Reform Party) told Latvian Television this morning that there is a real possibility that Russia's response to the EU sanctions in Latvia could affect the food and transit industries, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Foodstuff, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
III international conference Baltic Sea Freight Market and Ports will take place at 22-23rd of September 2014, Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, Latvia.
Keyword tags: Forum
22.07.2014.The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference
- 30.07.2014Lithuania's GDP up 3% in Q2
- 30.07.2014Profit of Lithuanian Co Grigiskes Group grew two time in H1
- 30.07.2014EUR 275.9 million surplus in state budget at the end of H1
- 29.07.2014In Estonia electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing grew last year
- 29.07.2014Urmas Paet: The main objective is to stop violence and Russia's interference in Ukraine's affairs
- 29.07.2014Autumn to bring more flights from Lithuania to Denmark
- 29.07.2014''Douglas Baltic'' profits EUR 27 million
- 29.07.2014Bigbank posts a strong result
- 29.07.2014Global Finance names SEB internet bank best in Latvia
- 29.07.2014Consolidated revenue of Lithuanian Co BAIP group up by 41 % in Q2
- 29.07.2014Estonian casino operator OEG profit grew in H1
- 29.07.2014The half-year profit of Port of Tallinn increased by 16% to 20.2 million euros
- 29.07.2014''Tukuma piens'' increased profits by 47% last year
- 29.07.2014EU agreed on economic sanctions against Russia
- 28.07.2014Latvias banking sector's profit at EUR 176.8 million in H1
- 28.07.2014Turnover of Lithuanian retail trade enterprises down by 3 % in June