Good for Business
Good for Business
The Estonian dairy industry sales revenue in the first half of the year 2014 was by nearly 10% higher and profit increased by 1.7% compared to the same period last year, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Estonia, Foodstuff, Good for Business, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau show that Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current prices in the 2nd quarter of 2014 was 5.9 bln euros.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, EU – Baltic States, GDP, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The European Union (EU) introduced a new aid package on Tuesday worth EUR 165 million to help farmers hit by Russian sanctions over the Ukraine crisis, but tightened up on dubious compensation claims, LETA/AFP reports.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Estonian Ministry of Finance, the Estonian state budget collected revenue of 5.11 billion euros in the first eight months of the year, which is 63.7% of the total amount planned in the budget for the year, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Three hundred ninety-two new students will begin their studies at European Humanities University (EHU) in the fall 2014. Their numbers include 329 undergraduate and 63 graduate students, reported BC EHU communications manager Gintare Kavaliunaite-Amelyushkina.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
Recovery in domestic demand, observed last year and in the first half of 2014, was the result of better expectations of businesses and consumers. Unfortunately, geopolitical tension and uncertainty which growing due to external threats is pushing the expectation curves down, says Indre Genyte-Pikciene, chief analyst of DNB, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Lithuanian Minister of Economy Evaldas Gustas who paid a working visit to Japan noted that Lithuanian representatives intend to participate in Foodex Japan 2015 exhibition and proposed to organise business missions to Lithuania for representatives of the Japanese food sector, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Foodstuff, Forum, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 30.09.2014Riigikogu Committee doesn’t support reducing number of seats for Estonia in EU committees
- 30.09.2014Vilnius public transport drivers threaten with strike
- 30.09.2014New website launched to help Latvian voters abroad locate closest polling station
- 30.09.2014Ambassadors of EU countries, Lithuanian MFA discuss relevant issues
- 30.09.2014VAT payment by Estonian fuel companies increased by 38% in 2014
- 29.09.2014In August, construction input prices in Lithuania increased by 2.3% y-o-y
- 29.09.2014Ignalina NPP decommissioning price grows to EUR 2.6 bln
- 29.09.2014EY lowers Estonia's economic growth forecast for 2014
- 29.09.2014Eurozone's Economic Sentiment Indicator drops to 10-month low in August
- 29.09.2014Lithuanian Cgates buys 2 companies
- 29.09.2014Lithuania media start euro coverage projects
- 29.09.2014Chinese economy takes 12.3% of world total in 2013
- 29.09.2014Chemicals in cosmetics for kids and women under EU’s control
- 29.09.2014About 300 people gathered for rally against sale of Citadele bank in Riga
- 29.09.2014Lithuania updates formula for selecting oil, shale gas extraction companies
- 29.09.2014Industrialists: Lithuania needs cooperation with one Chinese region