Good for Business
Good for Business
Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, on September 2nd released traffic statistics for August 2015. Traffic grew by 10% to 10.4 mln customers, reports BC Ryanair’s press service.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In an interview on ''Rietumu radio'' today, Liepaja Mayor Uldis Sesks (Liepaja Party) said that one President Raimonds Vejonis and the Foreign Ministry's main tasks is to form good relations with all of the country's neighbors, however, problems in relations with Lithuania have been observed for several years already, reports LETA,
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Latvia, Legislation, Lithuania, Port, Railways, Transport
02.09.2015.Corruption Prevention Bureau has possibly asked to launch criminal prosecution against Slesers and Lembergs
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia in Tallinn reported that starting September 2015, the hotel's new Director General is Gints Dzirnieks, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Latvia, Legislation, Tourism
02.09.2015.Remontowa shipyard in Poland was searched in connection with Port of Tallinn corruption case
02.09.2015.Roadworthiness tests of motor vehicles from Lithuania can be carried out in 235 German companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
During the first half of 2015, Citadele Group's profit in Latvia reached EUR 14.9 million, which is a 3% increase compared to H1, 2014. "Private investors' becoming part of the bank's shareholder structure marked the beginning of a new development phase for Citadele. This year is notable for investments in the bank's development," comments Guntis Belavskis, CEO of Citadele banka.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Technology
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
"Tallinn University of Technology is one of the pillars of the Estonia's future as I don't know any countries successfully competing in the 21st century without a good technical education," said the President, Toomas Hendrik Ilves, at the inauguration of the Rector of Tallinn University of Technology, Academician Jaak Aaviksoo on Monday, reports BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Technology
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
To completely refocus on the West or, given accrued expertise and familiarity with the neighbours' mentality, spend additional resources on the East? Entrepreneurs in many industries ask these questions while analysing economic and financial indices as well as public moods in neighbouring countries. Tourism sector is no exception, says Lithuania's State Department of Tourism (VTD), cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Forum, Lithuania, Tourism
25.08.2015.60 restaurants, manors and castles to participate in the annual "Gastronomy Festival" in Riga
- 01.09.2015Unemployment rate in June and July was 10.1% in Latvia
- 01.09.2015Lithuanian prisoners go on strikes
- 01.09.2015Unemployment in the euro zone fell to its lowest ratr in 3 years
- 01.09.2015Estonian Baltika's sales decreased by 19% in August y-o-y
- 01.09.2015VEF Radiotehnika RRR reports 1.6% drop in turnover in H1
- 01.09.2015Non-citizen from Latvia detained in Hungary for smuggling illegal refugees
- 01.09.2015In H1, sales of Lithuanian dairy Vilkyskiu Pienine reduced by 30%
- 01.09.2015In H1, income of Lithuanian Shipping Company decreased by 31% in January-July
- 01.09.2015Eesti Raudtee's new head takes office
- 01.09.2015Latvian government approves budget draft for 2016
- 01.09.2015Olympic takes a 25 mln euro loan
- 01.09.2015African swine fever found in 144 domestic pigs in Latvia’s Rezekne Region
- 01.09.2015Coalition in Latvia agrees to increase minimum wage to EUR 370
- 01.09.2015Environmental Impact Assessment for construction of GIPL in Lithuania has been approved
- 01.09.2015Lithuania's central government debt accounted for 37% of GDP in late July
- 01.09.2015Nordea cuts Latvia's GDP growth forecast to 2.2% in 2015