Good for Business
Good for Business
Data of Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that, compared to September, the total retail trade turnover in October 2014 rose by 1.5%, according to seasonally adjusted data at constant prices. Retail trade in food products grew by 0.4%, whereas of non-food products – by 2.2%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Retail
27.11.2014."Vincents", "Biblioteka No.1", "Tam labam bus augt!" top three restaurants in Latvia in 2014
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that, in the 3rd quarter of 2014, compared to the 2nd quarter of 2014, gross domestic product (GDP) at constant prices, according to seasonally adjusted data, grew by 0.5%, but, compared to the 3rd quarter of 2013, it has risen by 2.4%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, GDP, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Since 1 November, 20154 Lietuvos Dujos AB has been functioning as the operator of gas distribution network and is responsible for the gas distribution infrastructure, its maintenance and development, the company informs LETA/ELTA.
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Commission has requested 11 countries, including Latvia, to make the necessary adjustments to their 2015 budget plans, so that they are in accordance with EU regulations on fiscal discipline, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
In an interview on LNT this morning, University of Latvia Rector Marcis Auzins said that new Education and Science Minister Marite Seile's biggest challenges will be ensuring political support for her priorities, as well as improving the work of weak ministry officials, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
30.10.2014.Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
As retaliation for blacklisting Russian political Konstantin Simonov, Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientists or official from Latvia in a tit-for-tat move, political observer Karlis Dauksts told LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
25.11.2014.U.S. analyst points to Nuland's statement that "Americans are prepared to die for Latvia"
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Propaganda from the Kremlin creates a parallel reality, Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves said in the opening panel of the Halifax International Security Forum where he spoke about the threats that the crisis in Ukraine and Russia's aggression pose for the values common to liberal democracy, such as free elections, a state based on the rule of law and human rights, reported BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Forum, Legislation, Security, Technology, USA
- 28.11.2014Due to weakening of Russian ruble, Brivais vilnis sees turnover fall by 7%
- 28.11.2014Lithuania and Armenia agree on closer business ties
- 28.11.2014Investment plans of Estonian SMEs have considerably contracted
- 28.11.2014Latvian Prosecutor presses charges against Flick
- 28.11.201438 Lithuanian travel agencies warned over equity capital size
- 28.11.2014CV-Online: demand for labor force will reduce in Baltics
- 28.11.2014Latvijas Gaze sees 7.2% drop in profits in 9 months
- 27.11.2014Construction costs in October decreased by 0.1% in Latvia
- 27.11.2014Lithuania will not bid for E.ON stake in Latvijas Gaze
- 27.11.2014Journalist Edward Lucas will become the first Estonian e-resident
- 27.11.2014Estonian government approves of tax information exchange bill with USA
- 27.11.2014Klaipedos Nafta gets LNG regasification licence
- 27.11.2014Linava gives new explanation over problems at Russian border
- 27.11.2014Latvian president: my visit to Georgia should strengthen economic relations
- 27.11.2014Latvian grain farmers expect EUR 220 mln losses in 2014
- 27.11.2014Zolitude tragedy and Citadele sale parliamentary investigative commissions' makeup confirmed