Good for Business
Good for Business
Wix, a global leader among website development platforms, has opened a new office in Vilnius. The plan is for the office to employ over 150 information technology (IT) specialists, informed LETA/ELTA, referring to the Vilnius City Municipality.
Keyword tags: Employment, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In 2013, the representation expenses of the parliament leadership amounted to LTL 100,000 (EUR 29,000). During 10 months of 2013, Parliament Speaker Vydas Gedvilas (until he was replaced by his party fellow Loreta Grauziniene) was the one to spend the most funds for representation, informs LETA/ELTA, referring to Lietuvos zinios.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian people have started to order a lot of goods from e-stores abroad and especially the amount of parcels arriving from China is posting records, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: China, Estonia, Internet, Markets and Companies, Post Office, Technology, Transport
17.04.2014.Matiss: there won’t be a reduction in Russian cargo going through Latvia's transit corridor
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
PZU SA has today reached an agreement, subject to regulatory and antitrust approvals, to purchase Lietuvos Draudimas AB in Lithuania, AAS Balta in Latvia, the business of the Estonian branch of Codan Forsikring A/S and Link4 Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen S.A. in Poland. The total aggregate consideration amounts to approx. EUR360m. The acquisitions are a key step in fulfilling PZU’s strategy of international expansion, informed BC PZU’s press service.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Insurance, Legislation, Mergers and take-overs
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
April 14-17 is a Green Week in Tallinn University, which is a student initiative that focuses on the introduction and discussions about renewable energy, climate changes and sustainable development education, reported BC the press service of the University of Tallinn.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Energy, Estonia, Forum
Baltic States: Opinion
Open letter to Latvia's leaders from FICIL on the Maxima tragedy, respectively to the President of the Republic of Latvia Mr Andris Bērziņš, speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia Ms Solvita Āboltiņa, Prime Minister of the Republic of Latvia Ms Laimdota Straujuma.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
At the Boao Forum for Asia-2014 (BFA) one of the most promising projects of Kazakhstan – info-communicative platform G-Global and the Astana Economic Forum – was presented to the world public. BFA, the main task of which is to promote economic cooperation in the Asian region, has become an excellent platform for the presentation of Kazakhstan's initiatives.
Keyword tags: China, Economics, Forum, Technology
09.04.2014.Solutions for speeding up economic growth will be sought at the Turku Baltic Sea Days 2014
08.04.2014.Representatives from more than 100 companies participate in Baltic Business Summit in Riga
07.04.2014.Astana Economic Forum – Kazakhstan’s sustainable energy strategy for international peer review
- 16.04.2014Rinkevics in Finland calls for strengthening practical Baltic-Nordic cooperation
- 16.04.2014Äripäev: Sanctions against Russia would be tougher on Latvia than on Estonia
- 16.04.2014Supporters of the referendum to ban the sale of land to foreigners in Lithuania are prosecuted
- 16.04.2014Vasiliauskas presents Lithuania's preparedness for adoption of euro to Central Banks of Ireland and Finland
- 16.04.2014Rail Baltica has reached dead end
- 16.04.2014Veshnyakov: Russia is not planning any economic sanctions against Latvia
- 16.04.2014Lithuanian PM: poles do not plan to sell ORLEN Lietuva
- 16.04.2014Straujuma and Canadian PM discuss by phone situation in Ukraine
- 16.04.2014Latvia registers EU's third smallest reduction in exports in January
- 16.04.2014Heads of Lithuania: Russia will only harm itself by imposing sanctions
- 16.04.2014If Europe imposes economic sanctions against Russia, many people in Latvia could lose their jobs
- 16.04.2014Senator McCain denies reports of a military base being established in Latvia
- 16.04.2014Lithuanian Russian Union expresses mistrust in the Radio and Television Commission
- 16.04.2014EU foreign ministers call for an end to the destabilization of Ukraine
- 16.04.2014Estonian PM: Balticconnector and LNG terminals need a fast agreement
- 16.04.2014Long-serving Ogre mayor in Latvia ousted