Good for Business
Good for Business
One of the biggest airlines in the world, Turkish Airlines, is opening a customer service centre in Vilnius to service its clients in Scandinavian and Baltic countries, BC informed Turkish Airlines representative.
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
The member countries on the both sides of Mediterranean Sea (Union for the Mediterranean, UfM) have defined key structural measures to address persisting challenges of unemployment in the region, particularly for young people and women. These measures are expected to reduce immigration flow to Europe.
Keyword tags: Cooperation, Crisis, Demography, EU – Baltic States, Law and Regulations, Modern EU
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The listed Polish importer and distributor of spare parts for motor vehicles Inter Cars has opened a 1,000 square meter warehouse and representation in the Estonian capital Tallinn and plans to expand to Tartu, Parnu and East-Viru County in the near future, writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Car market, Estonia, Markets and Companies, Passenger cars, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Estonian government is about on Thursday to endorse the rates of the unemployment insurance premium for the next four years unchanged at the present 2.4% combined, writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Labour-market
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Valmiera town in north-eastern Latvia has been admitted to the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC) that was created to jointly look for solutions to globalization, urbanization, demographic problems and other urban development challenges of the 21st century, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
In August, a slow growth in the overall domestic loan portfolio was observed for a sixth consecutive month and the loan 12-month growth rate also remained in positive territory. With the funds in enterprise bank accounts on the rise, the balance of deposits attracted by banks also grew.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Economics, Financial Services, Latvia
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Modern Italian artist, Daniele Donde (Dondé), famous around the world for his new approach in “glamorous art” has been in Riga (17-25 September) showing his pictures in a couple of city’s galleries. Visiting his exhibition in the Pullman Hotel, BC’s editor shares with readers fascination from the maestro’s invention, the so-called Glam Art.
12.09.2016.International Council for Exploration of the Sea annual conference to take place in Riga next week
- 29.09.2016Estonia and Poland investigating EUR 5 mln alleged fraud
- 28.09.2016Construction costs decreased by 0.4% in Latvia
- 28.09.2016Lithuania's Lietuvos Duju Tiekimas to buy gas from US Koch Industries in 2017
- 28.09.2016Estonian minister says Tallinn-Helsinki tunnel a very promising project
- 28.09.2016Lithuanian govt sacks chief vet
- 28.09.2016Apple wanted to set up server park in Estonia's Paldiski
- 27.09.2016Majority of guests utilizing healthcare services at Latvia's resort cities are from Russia, Belarus and Scandinavia
- 26.09.2016Latvian senior citizens are second less active travelers in the EU
- 26.09.2016Poland delays projects crucial for Lithuania to press for discounts for Orlen
- 26.09.2016Lithuania's avg electricity market price rises 8 pct w/w
- 26.09.2016St Peter Line to sell its ships operating on Baltic Sea
- 26.09.2016Estonia's Olympic Entertainment Group exits Belarusian market and freezes operations in Poland
- 26.09.2016Estonian consumer confidence somewhat improves in September
- 26.09.2016Industrial confidence in Estonia slightly declines in September
- 26.09.2016Energmin expects lower price of gas pipeline with Poland for Lithuania
- 23.09.2016Lithuania's Amber Grid to cancel tenders after Poland delayed GIPL project