Good for Business
Good for Business
BHC Laboratory, an Estonian company, won European Defence Agency's bid to organise a strategic cyber security exercise, reported BC Estonian defence ministry.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Legislation, Security, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In 2013, all the Baltic countries saw a rise in gross average monthly wages, which have exceeded the pre-crisis level in 2013, SEB Baltic Household Outlook revealed., cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic, Financial Services, Pensioners, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The State Revenue Service's Deputy Director General for Crime Prevention in Latvia Kaspars Cerneckis told members of the press today that it is not possible to completely eliminate illegal smuggling, and that it can only be curtailed to a certain extent, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Taxation, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The total amount of budget revenue administered by the State Revenue Service in Latvia was at 99.3% of the projected figure in the first quarter of the year 2014, as the Revenue Service's Director General Inara Petersone told a press conference today, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Tallinn Technical University and Estonian Maritime Academy signed on Wednesday a merger agreement; according to plans, an Estonian maritime vocational school will be founded in the coming years, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Legislation, Mergers and take-overs, Transport
Baltic States: Opinion
Society is facing a transformative period of its existence. And this evolution of society is influenced to a significant degree by globalization, interconnection and interdependence. Information and knowledge can play a crucial role in this dynamic process, especially when they are used as tools for misinformation and manipulation. Information wars have become tools of war to control the minds and the opinions of people. And often the information and manipulation overload is so big that it is virtually impossible to find balanced information that is committed to truth and impartiality.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
The public discussion on the future of Russia-West relations to take place in Riga on April 29th.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Russia
- 24.04.2014Average price for square meter of block apartments in Riga increased 3.7% in March y-o-y
- 24.04.2014Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund reserves reached 529.1 mln euros in 2012
- 24.04.2014Mayor Usakovs plans to join "Critical Mass" cycling ride
- 24.04.2014Lithuanian PM: negotiations over Amber Grid shares to be over next week
- 24.04.2014Lietuvos gelezinkeliai: Lithuanian rail market is open
- 24.04.2014Saeima's Chancellery Director Steins to be released
- 23.04.2014In March, producer prices in Latvian industry dropped by 0.2%
- 23.04.2014Estonia's budget deficit in 2013 was the lowest in EU
- 23.04.2014Lithuania's PM: agreement on Rail Baltica route to be reached by July
- 23.04.2014Half Latvia's EU Parliament candidates "exposed to risk of corruption"
- 23.04.2014Smartphones form two thirds of sold mobile phones in Estonia in March
- 23.04.2014Eesti Pank: risks to Estonian financial stability from the external environment have increased
- 23.04.2014Vilnius Airport opens summer season 2014
- 23.04.2014Estonian entrepreneurs about Russian sanctions: politics only interfere with business
- 23.04.2014TEO's revenue decreases by 7.2% in January March
- 23.04.2014Finance Ministry cuts Latvia's annual growth forecast to 4% in 2014-2016