Good for Business
Good for Business
Two cruise ships that berthed in Tallinn on May 6th were to bring altogether up to 6,400 visitors to spend a day in the Estonian capital, it appears from data available from Port of Tallinn, cites LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Good for Business, Port, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
During 10 years, the sharpest rise observed in the share Latvians attending live performances and sport events06.05.2016.
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show more active cultural participation in 2015. During the last ten years, the sharpest rise may be observed in the share of people attending live performances and sport events.
06.05.2016.In Latvia, artistic activities more commonly practised by young people, females and rural population
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Several real estate properties of the joint-stock metallurgical company KVV Liepajas metalurgs will be sold at online auction from Monday, May 9, informs LETA, according to a statement printed in the government's official gazette Latvijas Vestnesis.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Metals Market, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Latvian Finance and Capital Market Commission (FCMC) and Latvia's PrivatBank signed a settlement agreement today, ending a legal dispute, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
05.05.2016.Rising turnover threshold for VAT registration to reduce receipts by EUR 6.6 mln in Estonia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
What has long been an integral part of the WU Executive Academy's MBA programs has now been scientifically proven by Prof. Nikolaus Franke, the head of WU Vienna's Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation: He recently carried out a research project examining the effects of moving from one cultural setting to another. The results speak for themselves: Intercultural experience significantly improves people's ability to spot entrepreneurial opportunities.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Innovations, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Opinion
Rietumu Bank's President Alexander Pankov interview for Dienas Bizness (DB) about the "Panama documents" and related issues.
Keyword tags: Banks, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
11.04.2016.Governance of State-Owned Enterprises is challenge on the road towards Latvia’s OECD accession
01.04.2016.Having launched and led the battle against offshore tax evasion. Is America source of the issue?
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On 24 May 2016, Vienna (Austria) will host a Belarusian-EU Investment Forum entitled ‘Promoting EU Investments in Belarus’, reported BC the Embassy of Belarus in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Investments, Markets and Companies
- 06.05.2016Turnover of Latvia's Lauma Fabrics drops 24% in 2015
- 06.05.2016Lithuanian TransMin: Baltic countries look for best way to award Rail Baltica contracts
- 06.05.2016Saeima supports the proposal to leave cadastral value of properties unchanged in Latvia
- 06.05.2016License fees collected by Estonian Authors' Association total EUR 5.3 mln in 2015
- 06.05.2016Valmiermuizas Alus brewery increased turnover by 13% in 2015, but profit fell
- 05.05.2016Foreigners able to remain at Mucenieki refugee center up to 15 days after their status is granted
- 05.05.2016Lithuania hands diplomatic note to Belarus over Astravyets NPP
- 05.05.2016Minister: fast cable internet to probably not be available everywhere in Estonia
- 05.05.2016Latvia still trails behind Lithuania, Estonia by housing loans
- 05.05.2016Amendments to Immigration Law in Latvia scared-off Chinese citizens requesting residency permits
- 05.05.2016In Estonia, 50 government program tasks out of 621 fulfilled
- 05.05.2016Complaint sent to British regulator about Russian TV program calling Latvian parliament speaker a neo-Nazi
- 05.05.2016EU seeks to force member states to take in asylum seekers or pay fees
- 05.05.2016Profit of Merko Ehitus fell by 86% in Q1
- 05.05.201620-30 asylum seekers to arrive in Latvia under EU refugee relocation scheme in May
- 05.05.20161,315,944 persons lived in Estonia at the beginning of 2016