Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, in 2015, more than 3 million domestic and foreign tourists stayed in accommodation establishments, which is 1% more than in 2014. The number of domestic tourists increased and the number of foreign tourists decreased.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Tourism
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to the latest data of the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia (CSB) the average level of consumer prices decreased by 0.3% in January 2016 (1) as compared to January 2015. Prices of goods decreased by 1.2%, while prices of services increased by 2.1%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Inflation, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The North prefecture of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board continues to be of the opinion that drivers transporting passengers using the Uber app must have a corresponding operating license and doing it without a license constitutes an act of misdemeanor, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Legislation, Technology, Transport
10.02.2016.Ministry's real estate agency sells valuable properties in Jurmala in violation of government's decision
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
New York Knicks player from Latvia Kristaps Porzingis signed a cooperation agreement with the Latvian Citadele Bank thus authorizing Citadele to use his name and likeness in Citadele’s communications and marketing activities in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Advertising, Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, USA
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
As a result of the optimization of the school network in Latvia, it would be necessary to close down approximately 10 schools, education and science minister candidate Karlis Sadurskis told Latvian Television, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
February 9 is the birthday of Alisher Navoi, the glorious son of the Uzbek people. This date is annually widely celebrated in all cities and regions of the country. In Tashkent, the poet’s admirers, as usual on this day, will gather at the foot of the majestic monument to Alisher Navoi, which is located in the National Park of Uzbekistan named after him, to pay tribute to the great ancestors.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Culture, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The annual Shadow Day events take place all over Latvia today, organized by Junior Achievement Latvia, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 10.02.2016Latvia shows by far the best export performance in Baltics in 2015
- 10.02.2016Estonian police to buy in-car video systems for EUR 260,000
- 10.02.2016Foreign tourists spent EUR 1.3 bln in Estonia in 2015
- 10.02.2016Tallinn airport's passenger numbers reduced by 0.5% on in January y-o-y
- 09.02.2016Foreign trade turnover in Latvia decreased to EUR 22 860.1 mln in 2015
- 09.02.2016In 2015, the exports of goods decreased by 4% and imports by 5% in Estonia
- 09.02.2016Controlling stake in Latvijas Piens dairy plant draws strong interest from potential buyers
- 09.02.2016Minister Melbarde evasive about future of Riga Circus
- 09.02.2016Government passes regulations allowing companies to buy natural gas outside Latvia
- 09.02.2016Lithuania’s EcoMin: exporters have refocused towards Western markets successfully
- 09.02.2016Estonian Riigikogu supports creation of unemployment insurance for board members
- 09.02.2016Marketing activities to increase number of tourists to Jurmala 5% in 2016
- 09.02.2016Freight shipment by EVR Cargo decreased by 27% in January y-o-y
- 09.02.2016Nearly 16,000 applications submitted for reimbursement of Estonian Air tickets
- 09.02.2016Over 120 border guards sentenced for corruption in Lithuania last decade
- 09.02.2016Summary of Maris Kucinskis' coalition agreement