Good for Business
Good for Business
Lithuanian airline company Air Lituanica is expanding its business in Germany - as of 30 April the city of Hamburg will be added to the regular flight schedule with flights operated three times a week, reports LETA/ELTA, referring to Vilnius Convention.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Lithuania, Transport
06.03.2015.Orlen Lietuva and Belarusian cargo contribute to growth of Klaipedos Nafta's transshipment in February
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, the change of the consumer price index in February 2015 was 0.6% compared to January 2015 and -0.8% compared to February of the previous year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Inflation, Markets and Companies
06.03.2015.Usakovs: minimum real estate cost for receiving Latvia's temporary residence permits sum could even be increased
06.03.2015.Latvian MPs given more time to submit proposals regarding restrictions on issue of residence permits
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The acquisition of Kemeri Sanatorium was not in the interests of the Russian citizen Alexander Gusakov, but in someone else's interest, reports LETA, according to the portal Meduza.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
06.03.2015.Lithuanian and Estonian companies also submit proposals regarding natural gas infrastructure rules
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Latvian banking sector concluded the first month of the year 2015 with a profit of EUR 32.5 million, the Financial and Capital Market informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Deposits, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Baltic Aviation Academy, European standard training centre, doubled student number during the 2014. In comparison to 2013 student number for type rating training increased by 117%, making it go over 2000 in 2014, reports BC Academy’s press service.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Transport
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
10.02.2015.Latvian schools might introduce media and information lessons to counter Russia's propaganda
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with the Lithuanian news portal Delfi.lt, former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said that, in the event of war, the Baltics lack the strategic advantages held by Ukraine, reports BNS/LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Legislation, Security, Ukraine
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
A UNESCO conference entitled “CONNECTing the Dots: Options for Future Action” is taking place on 3-4 March in Paris. The conference has been organized to discuss the first draft of the Comprehensive Study on Internet-related issues: access to information and knowledge, freedom of expression, privacy, and the ethical dimensions of the information society, reports BC the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Internet, Latvia, Technology
02.03.2015.An international conference on promoting economic opportunities for women takes place in Riga
24.02.2015.Disciplinary case initiated against six Latvian Economy Ministry officials over "Expo 2015" failure
- 05.03.2015Vienna tops list of cities with best quality of life in 2015
- 05.03.2015From 2008 to 2013 gender pay gap decreases most in Lithuania
- 05.03.2015Lithuania and Sweden discuss priorities in domestic security
- 05.03.2015New lighting system put into operation at Riga Airport
- 05.03.2015Latvia: given the increasing numbers of asylum seekers, the EU must take careful effective action
- 05.03.2015Lithuanian PM applies to Prosecutor General's Office over public procurements for EXPO 2015
- 05.03.2015Discussions in Vilnius focus on Lithuanian – Kazakh cooperation at UN
- 05.03.2015Lithuania's government to reveal plans for national airline after run-off elections
- 05.03.2015Transport minister: Latgale could have television channel in Russian
- 05.03.2015Unemployment level in Latvia increased to 9.1% at the beginning of March
- 05.03.2015OEG acquired the business activity of Estonian slot operator
- 05.03.2015Bite Latvia's revenue grows, while in Lithuania goes down in 2014
- 05.03.2015EUR 5.3 mln to be invested in creation of new bio-pharmaceutical center in Riga
- 05.03.2015Latvia lacks funds for modern alarm system to alert people to emergencies
- 05.03.2015Lithuanians go on holiday abroad more often than average Europeans
- 05.03.2015Latvian Saeima may have to allot EUR 1 mln more for new feature film