Good for Business
Good for Business
With the new summer flight schedule, Scandinavian Air System (SAS) as of 26 March has launched flights to Copenhagen, the Capital of Denmark, BC was told at Riga Airport.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Transport
29.03.2017.Russian Sberbank to sell its Ukrainian subsidiary to consortium of investors that includes Latvia’s Norvik Banka
27.03.2017.Sigfox operator Connected Baltics OÜ and Telia Estonia Ltd enter IoT partnership for Estonia
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Despite of yearlong deceitful smear campaign a full version of documentary “Attempt on the State” by Polish movie maker Andrzey Tarkovski-Kiliszevski was uploaded to www.attemptonthestate.com and www.youtube.com.
Keyword tags: Corruption, Latvia, Legislation, Society
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
On Tuesday a railway committee is to investigate the train that caused a chemical spill in Estonia's East-Viru County on Monday, reports LETA/BNS.
27.03.2017.Nokia malware report reveals new all-time high in mobile device infections and major IoT device security vulnerabilities
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Latvian Finance Ministry supports the proposal of the Justice Ministry, providing that the property tax hike may not exceed 10%, Finance Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola told LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Real Estate, Taxation
20.03.2017.SEB Lizings leasing company finances 72,000 purchases worth EUR 2 bln during its 20 years in business
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Riga Teacher Training and Educational Management Academy will cease to exist on October 1, 2017, the Cabinet of Ministers decided writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
Latest projection of the Bank of Lithuania: Given economic acceleration and average wage will rise more than prices21.03.2017.
Having assessed the gradual pick-up in domestic economic activity and the improving situation of Lithuanian manufacturers in relevant foreign markets, the Bank of Lithuania projects that this year the economy will expand by 2.6%, while its growth rate next year will reach 2.8%. Wage growth, estimated to stand at 6.1% in 2017 and 5.7% in 2018, will outstrip the rising inflation rates. Such projections for economic and wage growth are higher than expected and announced at the end of last year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Wages
10.03.2017.Rapid growth in exports in Estonia led to a record surplus on the current account in 2016
10.03.2017.Lithuania and Finland: shoulder to shoulder in ensuring security for themselves and the whole region
Managing urban areas has been always one of the most important development challenges for city planners. During last decades, cities have been developed in a strictly “human & sustainable” way: everything for city’s dwellers! However, nowadays it’s easy to evaluate the “optimal city” –its development has to be in line with the sustainability concept adopted by the UN and in effect from January 2016.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Real Estate, Round Table
The performance of the stars of American Ballet in Riga, organised with the support of the Rietumu Bank and Rietumu Charity Fund, was a great success. During two parts of the concert, both classical dance and modern choreography were presented. The concert was held at the sold-out notice. The artists were repeatedly encored.
20.03.2017.RB Rail AS Announces the Rail Baltica Project's Major Event of This Year – the Rail Baltica Global Forum 2017
- 24.03.2017Amber Beverage Group acquires Interbaltija AG alcohol distributor
- 24.03.2017The annual growth of the Dwelling Price Index in Estonia slowed down
- 24.03.2017Summer schedule of Tallinn airport features 36 destinations
- 24.03.2017Nordstream 2 likely to win recognition as legitimate project
- 24.03.2017Second call for proposals within Estonia-Latvia program launched
- 24.03.2017''Trump's analysts'' have also tried their luck in Latvia in the past by consulting Slesers and Skele
- 24.03.2017US Fortune lists Lithuania's president among top 50 world leaders
- 24.03.2017Regional Jet to serve routes for SAS with 4 new planes
- 23.03.2017Bank of Latvia raises 2017 inflation forecast to 2.7%
- 23.03.2017Swedish Steel Prize 2017 finalists lead the way with innovative design concepts
- 23.03.2017The value of wood: impacts on the environment and sustainability
- 23.03.2017Saeima passes National Security Law amendments
- 23.03.2017Nesta calls for SME innovation from anywhere in the world with £5m prize fund
- 23.03.2017Lithuania's stevedoring co Klasco to pay out EUR 3.5 mln as dividends
- 23.03.2017Baltic Horizon Fund acquired office building in Vilnius
- 23.03.2017Only persons with knowledge of Latvian language will be permitted to purchase agricultural land in Latvia