Good for Business
Good for Business
On October 30th, airBaltic launched a new direct route linking Vilnius and Amsterdam. The flight, which will operate three times a week, offers convenient connections between the two capitals, linking Vilnius via Amsterdam to the rest of the world, and linking Amsterdam to the Baltic Region and beyond through airBaltic’s connections to Scandinavia and the CIS, informed BC Janis Vanags.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Having analysed the results of financial (regularity) audits completed in 2014, the National Audit Office in Lithuania (NAO) summed up the most common errors and irregularities made in the public sector, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Real Estate
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The shareholders of Tallinn Stock Exchange-listed company Premia Foods approved at an extraordinary general meeting on Thursday of selling the ice cream and cold products business of Premia Foods to Latvian Food Union group owner Andrey Beskhmelnitskiy, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Foodstuff, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Mergers and take-overs
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Since only one person is currently a candidate to become a Privatization Agency (PA) board member, but two board member signatures are need to sign the Citadele sales agreement, today’s planned signing of the sales agreement to the U.S. fund Ripplewood will not go ahead, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, USA
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers30.10.2014.
One of the main priorities of education and science minister candidate in Latvia Marite Seile will be the attraction and quality preparation of teachers, she told members of the press yesterday, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Lithuania-Belarus economic forum will be held in Mogilev on November 4-5, the Belarusian news agency BelTA reports, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 30.10.2014Estonian government appoints Lavly Perling as new Prosecutor General
- 30.10.2014Lithuanian oil producers about price drop
- 30.10.2014EcoMin candidate promises to reassess support for thermal power stations in Latvia
- 30.10.2014Largest Baltic companies less optimistic about business environment
- 30.10.2014Lithuania's interior minister resigns
- 30.10.2014Latvenergo to borrow EUR 150 mln for capital investments
- 30.10.2014Eesti Pank planning to set requirements for housing loans
- 30.10.2014Infortar is interested in full ownership of Estonian Air
- 30.10.2014Chamber: no reason to celebrate Latvia's position in "Doing Business 2015" rating
- 30.10.2014Estonian cargo ship in danger of sinking in Stockholm archipelago
- 30.10.2014Lithuanian MFA and US Department of State discuss cooperation, security policy
- 29.10.2014In 2013, 53% the first-born children were born outside marriage in Latvia
- 29.10.2014Stockmann looks to lay off 380 staff at Seppala
- 29.10.2014Menard Port LLC shares arrested in connection with NP Foods affair in Latvia
- 29.10.2014Latvian Port Council questions railroad electrification project
- 29.10.2014Swedish crown princess Victoria meets with Estonian state leaders