Good for Business
Good for Business
Four new hotels will have their grand openings in Riga in 2015, two of them with a five-star rating, according to information provided by Nozare.lv, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Latvia, LIVE RIGA, Real Estate, Tourism
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that construction input prices in July 2014, against June, decreased by 0.9%. The change was mainly influenced by a 3.3% decrease in wages and salaries.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Construction, Lithuania, Real Estate
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonia and Northern Ireland concluded an agreement for exchanging experiences and creating joint projects for developing government sector e-services, writes LETA/Postimees Online.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Internet, Legislation, Technology
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Over July 2014 the net external assets of monetary financial institutions (MFIs) grew by LTL 754.4 million (EUR 218.4 million) and amounted to LTL 12.8 billion (EUR 3.7 billion), reported LETA/ELTA, referring to the Bank of Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The controversial proposal to introduce mandatory exam in physics and chemistry for high school students, will be implemented in two years, Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma (Unity) said, cites LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
18.08.2014.Union leader: Latvian parties running in election "have heard the grievances from educators"
Baltic States: Opinion
Latvian MEP Andrejs Mamikins has sent a letter to the President of the European Comission Mr. José Manuel Durão Barroso concerning the mutual sanctions between EU and Russia. BC publicizes the message uncensored.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
06.08.2014.Edgars Rinkevics:Including Donetsk and Luhansk ''republics'' on terrorist list would be a very strong signal
05.08.2014.Current Pasazieru vilciens trains service life expires in 2016 – Latvian transport minister
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The contemporary culture forum "White Night 2014" will gather numerous international artists and reveal new culture places from September 6 to September 7, "White Night 2014" spokeswoman Linda Vitola-Baranova informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
- 28.08.2014Lithuanian businesses will find new markets if conditions are improved
- 28.08.2014FinMin lowers Latvia's economic growth projection to 2.9% in 2014
- 28.08.2014Lithuania warned about hazardous sprats made by Latvian enterprise
- 27.08.2014In July, construction costs in Latvia reduced by 0.6%
- 27.08.2014Retail of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania grew in July, but decreased annually
- 27.08.2014EcoFleet Holding acquired Lithuanian company Altas Informacinės Technologijos
- 27.08.2014How to distinguish real estate price from market value?
- 27.08.2014airBaltic achieves 14 mln euro profit in H1
- 27.08.2014Orkla and NP Foods merger to be evaluated in 4 months
- 27.08.2014Orkla will focus on developing Laima
- 27.08.2014Prisma Latvija increases turnover and losses in 2013
- 27.08.2014SiteSupra – a step forward for the small business website market
- 27.08.2014Only 13% transactions with new projects reached the threshold of 250 000 EUR in Riga
- 27.08.2014In 2014, Grain harvest in Latvia to be 11% larger than the average in past 5 years
- 27.08.2014Estonia planning to create digital embassies
- 27.08.2014Estonian retailers criticise decision to allow consumption of alcohol in public