Good for Business
Good for Business
Uber, a US-based international ride-sharing network that launched operations in Lithuania last fall, opened an engineering center and a ride-sharing services support unit in Vilnius on May 25th. The sum invested in the center is withheld, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Lithuania, Technology, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in the 1st quarter of 2016, the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 1,091 euros and the average hourly gross wages and salaries were 6.86 euros. Compared to the 1st quarter of 2015, the average monthly gross wages and salaries increased by 8.1% and the average hourly gross wages and salaries by 7.7%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Financial Services, Markets and Companies, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvia has proposed to Kazakhstan to work together on an offer for international transportation and logistics between China and Europe and to become strategic partners in Eurasian transport, the Latvian Transport Ministry said LETA.
Keyword tags: China, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Logistics, Markets and Companies, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Estonian financial sector trade union EFTL, after the leaving of the former union representative of Nordea Estonia, Hannes Veskimae, the relationship between the bank and the union has not improved and the union is accusing the bank's board of blocking the concluding of a collective agreement and breaching the Trade Union Act, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Since the establishment of BAA Training’s Ab Initio School in 2011, the company has welcomed twelve students from Ukraine for various airplane and helicopter pilot license training courses in Lithuania. Over the years, Ukrainian students have carved their way to Lithuanian aviation school, which is then followed by the successful employment at the companies of their home country or abroad.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Lithuania, Transport, Ukraine
Baltic States: Opinion
In context of escalating religious tensions internationally, world leaders must do more. Religious tension is one of the main drivers of contemporary conflict, yet global leaders woefully neglect this issue in international diplomacy, focusing rather on political engagement and conventional nation state politics.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Security, USA
11.04.2016.Governance of State-Owned Enterprises is challenge on the road towards Latvia’s OECD accession
01.04.2016.Having launched and led the battle against offshore tax evasion. Is America source of the issue?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Latvian Robotics Championship will take place at the Electronics and Telecommunications Department of the Riga Technical University (RTU) on Saturday, May 28, featuring robotics enthusiasts and fans from all Baltic countries whose robots will compete in seven categories, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Latvia, Technology
19.05.2016.Pildegovics emphasizes Latvia's role in strengthening cooperation between Europe, Central Asia and China
- 25.05.2016Financing to Rail Baltica project might be threatened without common stance of Baltic States
- 25.05.2016PM presents Estonia's e-government experience in Germany
- 25.05.2016KVV Liepajas Metalurgs has EUR 1.5 mln tax debt
- 25.05.2016OEG: no point in speculating about sale of Tallinn Hilton at present
- 25.05.2016Sales of Estonian food industry decline 4.8% in 2015
- 24.05.2016Lithuanian MFA discussed safety of Ostrovets NPP with EU Commission Vice-President
- 24.05.2016Latvian government approves EUR 6.2 mln aid to dairy farmers
- 24.05.2016UN members give 173 recommendations on human rights to Latvia
- 24.05.2016Latvijas Tilti not to sign agreement on reconstruction of quays at Klaipeda port
- 24.05.2016EU reaffirms support in solving issue of Estonian ship guards jailed in India
- 24.05.2016Audit: problems with tugboat services cost Freeport of Riga over EUR 1 mln
- 24.05.2016SEB: Latvia’s GDP to show the fastest growth in Baltics in 2017
- 24.05.2016Audit Office: the government rushed its decisions regarding Estonian Air
- 24.05.2016Google to give free training on Internet, technologies in Lithuania
- 24.05.2016Privatization Agency: investors interested in KVV Liepajas Metalurgs assets
- 24.05.2016Baltic Cruises Investment bought EUR 18.5 mln worth of Tallink shares