Good for Business
Good for Business
Latvian national airline airBaltic has set a goal to become the biggest carrier in Tallinn Airport and the company has also abandoned the plan to buy Russian planes, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Airport, Estonia, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Transport
02.12.2016.Latvia’s Grindex phamaceutical company plans to invest EUR 4 mln in development next year
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
According to Statistics Estonia, in October 2016, the production of industrial enterprises increased 5% compared to October of the previous year. Production increased in manufacturing and the energy sector, but decreased in mining and quarrying.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Industry, Statistics
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
With its accounts being frozen by a court, Vilniaus Energija (Vilnius Energy), a local district heating supplier controlled by France's Veolia, is not paying Danpower Baltic, a German-Lithuanian joint venture, for the heat energy its has produced, reported LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Energy, Energy Market, Financial Services, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
he State Police's Economic Crime Prevention Department continues the investigation launched from the materials received from the Financial Capital and Market Commission into possible violations carried out by joint-stock PrivatBank, which includes possible money laundering, informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Crime, Financial Services, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Ukraine
30.11.2016.The introduction of recommendations of independent testing will raise the operating standards and international competitiveness of Latvia’s banks
29.11.2016.Latvian financial watchdog adopts rules for banks to report on their customers' transactions
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
President Raimonds Vejonis decided today to promulgate controversial amendments to the Education Law that, among other things, will allow sacking teachers for disloyalty to the Latvian state.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Society
25.10.2016.The study defines a new concept of "exploitative sham marriages" and proposes recommendations for their reduction
Baltic States: Opinion
The weak economic growth in Latvia is still attributable to the fast drop in investments. The information published today by the Central Statistical Bureau indicates that gross domestic product (GDP) has grown by 0.2% (at constant prices; seasonally and working day adjusted data) quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year growth has been only 0.3%. Full GDP estimate is 0.4 p.p lower than the flash estimate published at the end of October.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Economics, Latvia, Markets and Companies
30.11.2016.Rubesa: next year's tasks of the Rail Baltic/Rail Baltica project – to achieve project maturity and implement efficient use of resources
29.11.2016.Italy’s Constitutional Referendum: What Are the Possible Scenarios for the Italian Financial Sector?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Rietumu Bank’s new 2017 desktop calendar has been released. The cross-cutting theme of this calendar is charity. The twelve stories on its pages cover projects, facilities, or simply good deeds which have been supported by Rietumu Bank or its Charity Fund, Rietumu banka representative said BC.
Keyword tags: Banks, Culture, Financial Services, Latvia, Society
- 01.12.2016Lithuania's MRO provider FL Technics opens airplane service center in Indonesia
- 01.12.2016Estonia's Eften invests EUR 140 mln in commercial real estate in 2016
- 01.12.2016Cido Grupa has launched exports to the United Arab Emirates this year
- 01.12.2016Latvia's Rietumu Banka closes Q3 with profit of EUR 78.89 mln
- 01.12.2016Latvijas Dzelzcels rail company signs strategic cooperation memorandum with Russian carrier Transcontainer
- 30.11.2016Agreement signed about supplying Latvian army with locally-grown products
- 30.11.2016Funderfun and SkenarioLab win pitching competition at Digital Freedom Festival
- 30.11.2016World's first Bombardier CS300 aircraft arrives in Riga
- 30.11.2016Electricity prices to go down 8 % for most Lithuanian consumers next year
- 30.11.2016Natgas prices for Lithuania's households won't change in January
- 29.11.2016Estonia launches application for declaring parcels online
- 29.11.2016Opposition party asks Latvian president not to promulgate new social insurance rules
- 29.11.2016About 20% of Latvia's defense budget to be spent on equipment
- 29.11.2016Estonian chief prosecutor's office confirms that Savisaar has been charged
- 29.11.2016Estonian companies' sales grow 2.1% in Q3
- 29.11.2016Latvian president calls for wider use of local energy resources