Good for Business
Good for Business
On the 18th of January, Lithuania's Cabinet of Ministers approved two separate PPP police infrastructure projects in Kaunas and Panevezys. The approval gives a green light to the Police Department under the Ministry of the Interior to commence tendering procedures as soon as the necessary preparations have been completed.
Keyword tags: Construction, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Lithuanian Finance Minister Vilius Sapoka has sacked Dainoras Bradauskas, head of the State Tax Inspectorate (STI), after a commission set up by the ministry recommended firing him for corrupt activities and gross official misconduct, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Taxation
20.01.2017.Latvian Financial Police in cooperation with Lithuanian colleagues break up two VAT fraud rings
19.01.2017.Government of Uzbekistan sums up results for 2016 and determines yearly priorities at the extended session
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Invitation to companies to bid for the provision of consultancy services for Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in London20.01.2017.
Keyword tags: Investments, Markets and Companies
19.01.2017.Improvement of business environment and attraction of investments among top priorities of combating shadow economy in Latvia
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Northern Horizon Capital AS (the Management Company) as the management company of Baltic Horizon Fund (the Fund) has declared a cash distribution to its unitholders which implies a 2% yield on the Fund’s 2016 Q4 weighted average NAV, Baltic Horizon Fund representative announced BC.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Financial Services, Funds
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Despite its regret about the UK leaving the EU, the European University Association (EUA) is pleased that UK Prime Minister Theresa May explicitly highlighted science, research and innovation in a much-anticipated speech on Brexit given from London on 17 January 2017.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
Corporate debt liabilities shrank in the third quarter of 2016 despite the rapid growth in bank loans. Growth in household loans accelerated, but remained slower than growth in incomes and savings. As before, more financial assets were invested abroad or returned there than were taken in from abroad
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Investments, Loan
09.01.2017.The year 2017 in the corporate communication field: putting things in order, analysing and pushing the boundaries
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On March 9, 2017, one will present the electronic auction service – e-Auction 3.0 – at Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference in Tallinn. This project has been developed by Ukrainian IT specialists. Its concept is to replace officials for transparent blockchain. It shows conditions, process and results of public property lease and sale auctions.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Forum, Innovations, Markets and Companies, Technology
17.01.2017.Legal nationality beyond national boundaries and the role of blockchain. Estonian project case study
16.01.2017.Over EUR 1 Million have been donated to the ABLV Charitable Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Charitable Campaign
23.12.2016.The founder of Bitcoin Foundation and Forbes columnist will visit Blockchain Conference in Tallinn
- 18.01.2017International license of Estonia's Lux Express restored by Russian authorities
- 18.01.2017Latvia’s Aloja Starkelsen starch maker has made first shipments to South Korea
- 18.01.2017Food Union Management has increased share capital by EUR 806,000
- 18.01.2017Estonian/US startup Pipedrive gets USD 17 mln capital injection
- 18.01.2017Latvian economics minister suggests providing certain business-related public services in English
- 18.01.2017Tele2 partners up with Vodafone to provide services to corporate clients in Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden
- 18.01.2017Railway electrification project in Latvia could be suspended if it affects budget
- 17.01.2017Emergency situation declared in Krimulda, Adazi, Salaspils regions in relation to ASF outbreak
- 17.01.2017Survey finds Lithuanians to be happiest in Baltic states
- 17.01.2017Riga Regional Court gives whistle-blowing hacker 60 hours of community service
- 17.01.2017Estonia's Magnetic MRO signs maintenance contract with Airbaltic
- 17.01.2017Citadele Bank to expand its retail banking operations in Estonia
- 17.01.2017Lithuania ahead of Baltic neighbors on Bloomberg index of most innovative economies
- 17.01.2017Klaipeda port must be first - Lithuania's transpmin
- 17.01.2017Estonian Transiidikeskus says there are enough goods to carry on Rail Baltic route
- 17.01.2017Russia sanctions shouldn't be lifted as reward for cooperation elsewhere