Good for Business
Good for Business
In May, compared with May 2014, the volume of retail trade increased by 4.9% in Latvia, which is the fifth best growth among the European Union member states for which data are available, according to latest information provided by Eurostat. Estonia was second, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Markets and Companies, Retail
02.07.2015.Lattelecom invested EUR 104 mln in its fiber-optic and copper cable Internet network the past 10 years
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
A signature drive has been initiated at the manabalss.lv portal of public initiatives, claiming that Palanga "region and maritime territory be returned to the Republic of Latvia", reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Internet, Latvia, Legislation, Lithuania, Technology, Tourism
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Significant changes are bound to happen in Lithuania's energy market in 2016: new interconnections with Poland and Sweden will be launched, electricity generation quotas for combined heat and power plants will be cancelled and a more favourable to consumers gas supply security financing model should enter into force, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Financial literacy of Latvian residents is gradually improving, according to study by the Financial and Capital Market Commission, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Loan, Pensioners, Society
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius has congratulated President of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski on receiving Honorary Doctorate from Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas), reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania
15.06.2015.Baltic Defence College Celebrates Graduation Ceremony with the Opening a Baltic Way Lecture Room
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with Latvian Television today, former Latvian Finance Minister Andris Vilks said that every EU country is trying to help Greece as much as they can, but that Greece's behavior is the most shameless the EU has ever witnessed. ''They are trying to screw everyone over,'' said Vilks, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia
12.05.2015.Kristalina Georgieva: Latvia is among five countries feeling the largest benefits from EU budget
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
President Toomas Hendrik Ilves opened Estonia's national day at the Expo Milano 2015 universal exhibition on June 7th, informed BC the presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Markets and Companies
- 03.07.2015Fortum ready to buy minority stake in Fennovoima nuclear project
- 03.07.2015Lithuanian electricity transmission system operator drafts 10-year development plan
- 03.07.2015Estonian government allocates 183,000 euros to EU IT Agency
- 02.07.2015Litgas and Statoil prepare joint venture to enter Baltic Sea small scale LNG market
- 02.07.2015Belgian company acquires Dobele chemicals producer Tenachem
- 02.07.2015Lithuanian MFA: diplomatic service must stay focused and active, facing new challenges
- 02.07.2015Lithuanian ships are in debts
- 02.07.2015Latvian OTV television channel to be taken off the air due to debt
- 02.07.2015PM: export still hampers economic development of Lithuania
- 02.07.2015Lithuania's energy minister attends arbitration hearings against Gazprom
- 02.07.2015Latvia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Program 2014-2020 submitted to EU Commission
- 02.07.2015A war between Lithuanian dairy producers and processors is brewing
- 02.07.2015Lithuanian PM: number of accepted refugees to increase
- 02.07.2015Ryanair launches European wide petition to keep Europe's skies open
- 02.07.2015Estonian foreign minister announced of resignation
- 02.07.2015Civil partnership amendments submitted to Lithuania's Seimas