Good for Business
Good for Business
Binders was the largest road and bridge construction company in Latvia last year with a turnover of LVL 55.28 million, according to the Latvian Business Report 2013 collated by Firmas.lv and Nozare.lv, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Good for Business, Latvia, Transport
05.12.2013.Liepajas metalurgs was the leader in metal processing and mechanical engineering industry in 2012
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that in November 2013, compared to October, prices for the total industrial production sold decreased by 0.1%, refined petroleum products excluded – by 0.2%. Over the year, prices for the total industrial production sold decreased by 3.2%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
06.12.2013.EP president: Dombrovskis' resignation will not have an impact on his reputation in Europe
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The prices of several products in Riga supermarkets in December 2013 have grown several times over the past 10 years, according to data from the Agricultural Market Promotion Center, cites LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Foodstuff, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) at Europol, working with police in Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Bulgaria, Spain, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom, have taken down a criminal network of Latvian payment card fraudsters and arrested eight key members of the group, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Former German ambassador presents National Library with 19th century Latvian translations of the Bible06.12.2013.
Germany's first ambassador to Latvia after the restoration of independence, Hagen von der Wenge Graf Lambsdorff on Wednesday presented to the Latvian Ambassador to Germany Elita Kuzma two Latvian translations of the Bible, dated first half of the 19th century, as his family's gift to the Latvian nation, as the Latvian Embassy in Berlin informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, History, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
Commenting on the resignation of the Prime Minister of Latvia, Valdis Dombrovskis, the Chairman of the EPP Group, Joseph Daul MEP, said:
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation
05.11.2013.Frans Timmermans: in carrying our structural changes, Europe will become stronger after crisis
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
On December 5-6, more than 40 leaders of the Europe's industry organizations will visit Vilnius on the occasion of Lithuania's Presidency of the EU Council, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Industry, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
28.11.2013.Grybauskaite at Eastern Partnership Conference: civil society is the strength of every nation
27.11.2013.Meeting of chairs of Committees on Foreign Affairs, Parliamentary Forum for Democracy to take place in Vilnius
- 06.12.2013Forbes ranks Estonia 23rd as business place
- 06.12.2013EU foreign ministers met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in Kiev
- 06.12.2013Kekava school in Latvia shut down after information that building not cleared for use
- 06.12.2013Interim agreement on Iran's nuclear programme discussed in Vilnius
- 06.12.2013Cargo volume Klaipedos Nafta falls by 12.1% in 11 months
- 05.12.2013Estonia registers EU's third lowest gasoline price at the beginning of December
- 05.12.2013Government reduces interest rate for Estonian Air
- 05.12.201324.8% EU residents exposed to the risk of poverty and social exclusion
- 05.12.2013Amendments to Law on Income Tax approved by Lithuanian Seimas
- 05.12.2013Lithuania's finmin: crisis is not over
- 05.12.2013Latvian Saeima approves in principle establishment of State Construction Supervision Bureau
- 05.12.2013Number of sold apartment-blocks decreases by 13.9% in November in Lithuania
- 05.12.2013Horizon 2020 program launched at Vilnius Innovation Forum
- 05.12.2013Results of Lithuanian EU Presidency reviewed at a meeting with EU ambassadors
- 05.12.2013Liepajas metalurgs will most likely not be sold at auction
- 05.12.2013British company’s Christmas tour opened winter cruise season in Tallinn