Good for Business
Good for Business
In summer season 2016, the Spanish airline Vueling will open a Tallinn-Rome route, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Airport, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves paid a visit on Tuesday to Eston Kohver, the Estonian Internal Security Police official who was kidnapped from the territory of the Republic of Estonia, kept in prison in Russia for just over a year and returned home ten days ago, the president's office reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Legislation, Security
06.10.2015.Every fifth Latvia’s resident has purchased illegal alcohol, cigarettes or gasoline in 2015
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The board chairman of LDz Cargo Guntis Macs, a subsidiary of the national rail company Latvijas Dzelzcels (LDz), has handed in his resignation, LETA was informed by LDz press secretary Maris Ozols. The long-time financial director of LDz Maris Bremze has been appointed the new head of the state-owned company.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Legislation, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
A specialized prosecutor's office for organized crime has decided to pursue criminal prosecution regarding possible misappropriation of assets in the so-called Latvijas Krajbanka (Krajbanka) case.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
According to Eurostat, in Estonia is just every eighth schoolteacher is male, which is the EU's lowest indicator, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States
22.09.2015.The wage fund of teachers and cultural, social, and internal security workers increased by 4% in Estonia
17.09.2015.Estonian government didn’t give permission for study language exception in 5 schools in Tallinn
Baltic States: Opinion
Prime Minister Mrs. Laimdota Straujuma at the high Council meeting between FICIL and Latvian Government on 25 September 2015 in Riga.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The main results of X KAZENERGY Eurasian Forum (September 29 - October 1, Astana, Kazakhstan) have been summarized, according to it the resolution including primary recommendations on the further development of oil, gas and energy market in current conditions has been accepted.
Keyword tags: Energy, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Legislation
- 06.10.2015About the upcoming changes in the micro tax in Latvia
- 06.10.2015During the summer 2017, Vilnius Airport will be carrying out reconstruction of the runway
- 06.10.2015Latvian ruling coalition in agreement on lowering refugee benefit; fails to agree how much
- 06.10.2015Anti-air system to have improved missiles in Latvia
- 06.10.2015Lithuania and New Zealand sign working holiday agreement
- 06.10.2015Lukashenko: Belarus and Latvia must strengthen political dialogue
- 06.10.2015Lithuanian Seimas hotel to be protected by VIP Protection Department
- 05.10.2015Industrial production in Latvia declines by 1.4% in August
- 05.10.2015Over 100,000 members in Lithuanian political parties
- 05.10.2015New car sales fell by 2% in September in Estonia
- 05.10.2015Latvia shares its experience on the role of the media in the integration
- 05.10.2015US companies: Lithuania's migration system must be reformed
- 05.10.2015Many Estonian ID cards and e-residents cards have faulty certificates
- 05.10.2015Greatest challenge for shopping centres in Lithuania is how to stand out
- 05.10.201519 EU countries seek to block GM crop cultivation
- 05.10.2015The law enforcement did not see anything criminal in the website For White Lithuania