Good for Business
Good for Business
The magazine «Nordic Business Europe» published «Thinkers 20 – the Brightest Business Minds in Northern Europe». The comprehensive ranking of the brightest business minds in Northern Europe. This year’s ranking features 20 brilliant business thinkers who are changing the world with their ideas and accomplishments. At the TOP were four entrepreneurs from Estonia and one from Latvia and Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic, Baltic Export, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Investments, Rating, Technology, Tourism
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
According to Statistics Estonia, in July 2016, the production of industrial enterprises increased 2% compared to July of the previous year. Production increased in manufacturing and the energy sector, but decreased in mining and quarrying.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Industry, Statistics
31.08.2016.What the Brexit vote means for foreign company in the UK and what to expect next - BDO UK
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Rail Baltic Estonia OU is to look for the best solution to build a multimodal goods terminal at Muuga port, the aim of which is to service goods transported to the terminal on the Rail Baltic high-speed railway, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Cargo, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Markets and Companies, Port, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The ruling coalition parties today agreed to increase the salary to the head of the State Revenue Service but the pay rise will be somewhat lower than the initial proposal, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Labour Unions, Latvia, Taxation, Wages
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
More than half of Latvia's residents believe that the largest problem in Latvia's schools is the lack of student discipline, the latest Baltic International Bank Barometer survey shows.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Statistics
18.08.2016.The presentation of the book donation by The Gorbachev Foundation at the Academic Library of the University of Latvia
16.08.2016.EUR 164 mln made available for development of infrastructure of Latvia`s scientific institutions
30.06.2016.Number of Latvian school students, who fail at centralized graduation exams twice as high as in 2015
Baltic States: Opinion
The growth rate of gross monthly wages slowed a little, especially in local government administration. Given that productivity declined in the second quarter, growth in the average wage remained strong. The Structure of Earnings survey indicates that the wage level in Estonia was second behind that of Slovenia among the Central and East European countries in 2014.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Statistics, Wages
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
International conference on “New materials and design possibilities for packaging” will held in Riga26.08.2016.
An international conference titled "New materials and design possibilities for packaging" will be held in the Chamber of Commerce in Latvia on 5 September. The conference has been initiated and organized by the Association of Packaging of Latvia and IMMER-Ukrplastic Group, conference`s representative told BC.
22.08.2016.International Conference on Democratization of Society and Non-state Media held in Samarkand
20.07.2016.The largest telecommunications conference in the Baltic States Telco Trends will take place in Jurmala, in August
- 30.08.201638.5 tons of unregistered fish found aboard fishing boat in Ventspils
- 29.08.2016Estonians mostly value the comfort in the food consuming
- 29.08.2016Commission aims at modernising social statistics in the member states and EU
- 26.08.2016Baltic States’ 25th anniversary: the need for reforms and “common course”
- 26.08.2016Lending to eurozone private seBctor picked up in July
- 26.08.2016Avg gross wages up 8.1% in Q2 y-o-y in Lithuania
- 26.08.2016Latvian minister invited Lithuanian businessmen to hunt
- 26.08.2016Tax revenues in the Latvian budget 0.4% above target
- 26.08.2016Latvenergo and Latvijas Dzelzcels conclude 3-year power supply deal
- 26.08.2016Estonia bans 14 glyphosate products containing POE-tallowamine
- 25.08.2016Latvijas Gaze may not bar Latvenergo from buying natural gas from Lithuania
- 25.08.2016Mikrotikls co-owner Riekstins the top earner in Latvia in 2015
- 25.08.2016The average interest rate on housing loans rose in Estonia in July
- 25.08.2016Construction costs increased by 0.3% in Latvia in July
- 25.08.2016The number of people staying at Latvia`s hotels has grown by 6.1 % over the year
- 25.08.2016Elektrilevi invested EUR 39.4 mln in H1