Good for Business
Good for Business
In January-April 2015, the overall cargo handling in the Baltic Eastern Coast Seaports totalled 123 776,4 thou. tn; the year-on-year change is +0.7% or +897,5 thou. tn, reports BC Klaipeda port’s press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Good for Business, Lithuania, Port, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, 4,637 persons emigrated from Estonia and 3,904 persons immigrated to Estonia in 2014. The volume of emigration was 30% smaller than in the previous three years.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Society
22.05.2015.Implementation of free trade agreements with Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine tops the Eastern Partnership agenda
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Swedish companies BillerudKorsnas AB and Baltic Resources AB have signed an agreement on acquisition of 100% stake in Latvian wood pellet producer Latgran by Estonian company Graanul Invest, the company's representatives informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Mergers and take-overs
22.05.2015.Latvia and Belarus sign a protocol on facilitation of cross-border traffic for border residents
22.05.2015.EU supports construction of third Estonian-Latvian electricity connection with 112 mln euros
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Estonian Krediidipank informed that the group's profit in the first quarter of this year amounted to nearly 720,000 euros while in the first quarter last year, the banking group had a loss of nearly 90,000 euros, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
A book about Latvian, Baltic, and Nordic films and the filmmaking industry – "Stork Flying over Pinewood", which was officially presented by Liv Ullmann at the Riga International Film Festival 2014, has landed in bookstores.
Keyword tags: Book review, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Markets and Companies
14.05.2015.Latvian and foreign experts to discuss EU’s and Russia’s “soft power” in the Baltic States and Eastern Neighbourhood
13.05.2015.Minister: Latvian schools with small number of pupils won’t be able to employ many teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with LETA, the former director of the Constitutional Protection Bureau Janis Kazocins said that if Russian President Vladimir Putin loses power, even darker times could fall on Russia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
12.05.2015.Kristalina Georgieva: Latvia is among five countries feeling the largest benefits from EU budget
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
From May 4 to 15, in New York, associated with the Latvian Presidency of the EU Council, the 11th session of the U.N. Forest Forum was being held. Participants of the Forum were working on the joint Resolution to facilitate a further development of the Forest Forum, strengthening the international agreements on forests until 2030, ensuring the development of a strategic plan and guidelines for further work as well as improving involvement of stakeholders and non-governmental organization in the forum activities, reported BC the Ministry of Agriculture.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies, USA
- 22.05.2015Grybauskaite in Riga: stable Eastern neighbourhood means more secure Europe
- 22.05.2015Georgia wants to hear unified and clear support for Eastern Partnership policy from EU
- 21.05.2015Latvian Economy Ministry keeps GDP growth forecast at 2% for 2015
- 21.05.2015Estonian government approved of the amendments to the social tax law
- 21.05.2015Proportionate non-taxable minimum in Latvia may be adopted by 2020
- 21.05.2015Estonian government approved increase in child support for the next 4 years
- 21.05.2015Lithuanian Seimas tightens sanctions for disseminating propaganda, inciting war
- 21.05.2015Latvian Health Ministry proposes banning tobacco products being displayed in clear view in shops
- 21.05.2015Facts and figures about the Eastern Partners of the European Union
- 21.05.2015Lithuanian PM and President of Kazakhstan admit high potential for economic cooperation
- 21.05.2015Latvian parliament passes law to protect suppliers from unfair retail practices
- 21.05.2015Latvia continues to see reduction in number of residents registered as needy
- 21.05.2015Saeima re-elects Kalnmeiers as prosecutor general in Latvia
- 21.05.2015The Eastern Partnership Media Conference in Riga agrees on support for media freedom and independence
- 21.05.2015KVV Liepajas metalurgs to lay off 15% of staff
- 21.05.2015EU Member States will be able to receive larger advance payments for implementation of the Youth Employment Initiative