Good for Business
Good for Business
Latvian vertical wind tunnel operator Aerodium in cooperation with Chinese investors has opened an indoor skydiving center, Flying Dream, in Dengfeng, China, near the famous Shaolin Monastery, the company announced LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, China, Good for Business, Investments, Latvia, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In the first quarter of 2016, the biggest average gross salary growth in the Baltic countries was recorded in Estonia at 8.1%, while in Lithuania it totaled 6.9% and in Latvia 5.3%, the Latvian Central Statistics Bureau (CSB) reported on May 30th, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic, Financial Services, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvijas Gaze power utility has appealed the Public Utilities Commission's (regulator) warning denying power supply company Latvenergo access to gas infrastructure so that the energy company could begin purchasing gas from Lithuania, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Energy, Gas, Latvia, Legislation
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Latvian banking sector shows EUR 142 mln in profit in January-April
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
26.05.2016.Latvian Fiscal Discipline Council criticizes plan about putting off creation of fiscal security reserve
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Steps have been taken this year to establish in Turkey the first Latvian Society and the week-end school for Latvian children, the Latvian embassy in Turkey announced LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation
26.05.2016.New publication by the Latvian Institute of International Affairs assesses new tendencies in Latvia-US relations
Baltic States: Opinion
In context of escalating religious tensions internationally, world leaders must do more. Religious tension is one of the main drivers of contemporary conflict, yet global leaders woefully neglect this issue in international diplomacy, focusing rather on political engagement and conventional nation state politics.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Security, USA
11.04.2016.Governance of State-Owned Enterprises is challenge on the road towards Latvia’s OECD accession
01.04.2016.Having launched and led the battle against offshore tax evasion. Is America source of the issue?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Tallinn e-Governance Conference seeks to answer the question “What are the benefits of e-governance?”30.05.2016.
The Tallinn e-Governance Conference held on 30 and 31 May within the scope of the ICT Week focuses on the impact of e-governance on the economy and society. 340 representatives of the public and private sectors from more than 50 countries will attend the two-day conference. The most exotic countries represented are the Faeroe Islands, Mauritius, Seychelles, Haiti, Kyrgyzstan, Australia and Namibia.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Forum, Internet, Legislation, Technology
19.05.2016.Pildegovics emphasizes Latvia's role in strengthening cooperation between Europe, Central Asia and China
- 30.05.2016Estonia will give Council of Europe chairmanship digital dimension
- 30.05.2016Government sector's labor costs in Estonia grew by 7% in 2015
- 30.05.2016Estonian unions call for pay rise of at least 6% annually
- 30.05.2016Lithuania and Iran agree on regular contacts
- 30.05.2016Latvian EcoMin set to compensate poor for growing electricity costs
- 30.05.2016UN member states have given 173 recommendations to Latvia
- 30.05.2016LTV: contraband scheme involving luxury cars from Russia or EU uncovered in Latvia
- 29.05.2016Q1 turnover of Grindex drop by 7.2%
- 28.05.2016Roivas, Steinmeier stress importance of Europe's unity
- 27.05.2016At the begging of 2016, Latvia’s population decreased to 1 mln 969 thousand
- 27.05.2016In April, construction costs in Latvia decreased by 0.7%
- 27.05.2016Russia to extend embargo on food imports until late 2017
- 27.05.2016FinMin: Estonia, Kazakhstan should cooperate more in logistics
- 27.05.2016Lithuania expects to launch beef exports to Algeria soon
- 27.05.2016Analysts expect Estonian listed companies to pay less dividends in 2017
- 27.05.2016Cherry Media ends operations