Good for Business
Good for Business
Latvian pharmaceutical group Olainfarm has posted EUR 15.4 million in net profit for 2015, informs LETA, according to the group's audited consolidated profit and loss statement.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Medicine
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
New customs rules have just entered into force; they will make life simpler for businesses to trade and better protect consumers against illegal and counterfeit goods. The Union Customs Code (UCC) should be fully implemented by the end of 2020. During the transitional period, the new rules will apply by using existing IT systems and, in some cases, paper forms.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Technology, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Energy Minister Rokas Masiulis says that Lithuania remains interested in buying the Klaipeda liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal's vessel from its owner, Norway's Hoegh LNG, before the 10-year charter contract expires in 2024, but it is difficult to say if meetings to be held by Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius and him in Oslo this week will help move the talks forward, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Energy, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Legislation, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Latvia's distressed asset manager Reverta last year recovered EUR 61.3 million from the restructuring and sale of distressed assets. Reverta's loss amounted to EUR 45.5 million compared to EUR 57.5 million in loss in 2014, according to the comapny's audited financial report, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Centers intended to boost the interest of school students in exact sciences are planned in ten cities of Lithuania, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry Edgar Putra thinks that the bank or the financial services industry Latvian should evolve in quality, rather than quantity direction, so that Latvia, like Switzerland, after some time be able to say that our banks work as precisely as a Swiss clock. Politician points to the important role of banks in economic growth, while developping loans.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia
11.04.2016.Governance of State-Owned Enterprises is challenge on the road towards Latvia’s OECD accession
01.04.2016.Having launched and led the battle against offshore tax evasion. Is America source of the issue?
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
During the Nordic Star festival everyone will have the opportunity to enjoy a special sampling menu created by the Chef for one evening only.
Keyword tags: Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 02.05.2016Most frequent visitor of Sputniknews in Latvia is 55-year-old Russian speaking male living in Riga
- 02.05.2016Long-time owner of Estonian Mistra-Autex buys out business partner
- 02.05.2016Lithuanian TransMin doesn't fear of Baltic States losing Rail Baltica funding
- 01.05.2016Latvian president didn’t promulgate amendments to Immigration Law
- 30.04.2016Ditton PKR motor chain company posts EUR 4.27 mln in audited loss in 2015
- 29.04.2016In Q1, GDP in Latvia dropped by 0.1%
- 29.04.2016In March, the volume of industrial production decreased by 5% in Estonia
- 29.04.2016Government-funded pension scheme in Latvia has accumulated EUR 2.4 bln
- 29.04.2016Eesti Energia's Jordan project stuck behind red tape in China
- 29.04.2016Lavrov: Baltic States show no gratitude for Moscow letting them go in peace
- 29.04.2016IAEA experts give goods marks to Lithuania's nuclear safety regulation
- 29.04.2016Riga Electric Machine Building Works posts EUR 235,432 in audited loss in 2015
- 29.04.2016Rujienas Saldejums ice-cream maker posts 35% drop in turnover in 2015
- 29.04.2016Baltic States should not hesitate with agreement on Rail Baltica projects
- 29.04.2016Atria sells Linnamae pig farm in Estonia's Laane County
- 29.04.2016Revenue of Eesti Energia reduced by 10% in Q1