Good for Business
Good for Business
Alongside Gazprombank-controlled Cryogas, which supplies LNG to Eesti Gaas, LNG Gorskaya, a relatively small privately-owned Russian energy company, is entering the Baltic LNG sector with plans to build small-scale LNG terminals around the Baltic Sea to deliver fuel to ships sailing in the sea, the business daily Verslo Zinios reported on Friday writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Baltic States – CIS, Construction, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Gas Market , Good for Business, Markets and Companies, Port, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on the data from the Building Permits and State Construction Supervision Information System of the Republic of Lithuania (IS) Infostatyba, in IV quarter 2016, against IV quarter 2015, the number of building permits issued increased by 13.8%, of which for the construction of new residential buildings – by 27.9%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Construction, Lithuania, Real Estate, Statistics
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Health Inspectorate has concluded after inspecting the new wing of Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital that the new facility may officially open as the past faults ascertained at the building have been solved, as the inspectorate told LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Medicine, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
EUR 465.75 mln in excise-duty from oil products sold in Latvia was collected last year, which is by EUR 37.43 mln or nine percent more than the previous year, according to information from the State Revenue Service writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Oil, Taxation
16.02.2017.Latvian Agriculture Ministry sets up task force to analyze opportunities for reducing VAT on food
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Children in Lithuania should attend school from the age of six so that they graduate before they turn 19 or 20, Eugenijus Jovaisa, head of the Seimas Committee on Education and Science, said LETA/BNS on Tuesday.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Law and Regulations, Lithuania
27.01.2017.AmCham Latvia supports openness of higher education systems and participation in international scientific processes
Baltic States: Opinion
The availability of financing of companies is aided by good access to bank lending, low interest rates, and profits built up earlier Companies are borrowing more than before from Estonia, and less from abroad Growth in household loans accelerated in 2016, but remained slower than growth in incomes and savings. The loan portfolio to companies and households will grow by around 5% in the years ahead, which is about the same rate as nominal GDP
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Estonia, Financial Services
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On Friday, the Russian national award for achievements in business aviation – the Wings of Business – will be held in Moscow for the first time. Rietumu Bank is the general sponsor of this event.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Transport
08.02.2017.Blockchain will fundamentally transform exchange business – Funderbeam CEO Kaidi Ruusalepp
06.02.2017.5 blockchain applications in Fintech. IBM leading engineer will speak at Tallinn conference
02.02.2017.A special conference is organised to debate the role of strategic thinking and possible problem solving in state and business affairs
- 16.02.2017Travellers say ticket price is main criteria in choice of airline
- 16.02.2017Estonian parlt panel head: Newsweek's claim seems to be disinformation
- 16.02.201789% of Latvian residents support the Rail Baltica project
- 15.02.2017Hyperloop One taking interest in Estonia
- 15.02.2017Finance Ministry expects Latvian economy to grow 3.2% this year
- 15.02.2017Visitor number at tourist accommodation establishments in Latvia up by 1 million
- 15.02.2017Coop may close 6 stores in South Estonia due to border trade
- 15.02.2017RAM experts: “January Turned to Be a Record Month with Regard to the Number of Corporate Bonds Issued in the United States”
- 15.02.2017Latvia among countries reporting stable export in 2016
- 15.02.2017European Parliament approves free trade agreement with Canada
- 15.02.2017Freight handling volumes of Port of Tallinn drop 39% y-o-y
- 15.02.2017China to send another pilot container train to Riga in late February
- 15.02.2017Latvia's Ditton PKR motor chain company support participation in Latgale Special Economic Zone
- 15.02.2017Elon Musk's LA tunnel completed by Lithuanian team in Minecraft
- 15.02.2017Successful Startup Europe Week leads to more business’ efforts.
- 15.02.2017Estonia and Latvia jointly purchase rotavirus vaccine