Good for Business
Good for Business
On October 26, the Latvian airline airBaltic enters the winter season with four new routes and improved service throughout the Baltic States, Scandinavia, CIS and the Middle East, informed BC Janis Vanags.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
An estimated EUR 177 billion in value added tax (VAT) revenue was lost in the European Union due to non-compliance or non-collection in 2012, according to the latest VAT Gap study published by the European Commission. This equates to 16% of total expected VAT revenue of 26 member states, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Taxation
24.10.2014.Latvian Welfare Minister points out to necessity to create as many new jobs as possible in EU
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Over ten years of business at Palanga airport, Scandinavian Airlines SAS operated almost 13000 flights. The first SAS airplane from Copenhagen landed at Palanga airport on November 1, 2004, and now the airline company operates 26 weekly flights between Danish capital and Palanga, informed BC the airport.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Central Bank (ECB) has set minimum reserves for banks in Lithuania, the Bank said on Friday, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Lithuanian National Union of Students has presented their higher education vision, which sees Lithuania reducing the number of higher education institutions and universities by 2030, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Legislation, Lithuania
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Lithuania-Belarus economic forum will be held in Mogilev on November 4-5, the Belarusian news agency BelTA reports, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 24.10.2014City Council to allot additional EUR 10 mln to Rigas satiksme
- 24.10.20142.3 bln cubic-meters of gas pumped into the Incukalns storage facility
- 23.10.2014Electricity prices for Latvian households to climb up to 30% in 2015
- 23.10.2014Tele2 profit grows 9.2% in Latvia in Q3
- 23.10.2014Lithuania seeks unified transport supply chain connecting Asia and Europe
- 23.10.2014Estonia and Norway consider it important to increase security in the Baltic Sea region
- 23.10.2014Turnover of Vilniaus baldai grew to LTL 57.26 mln in July-September
- 23.10.2014Estonian euro satisfaction ratings highest in Europe
- 23.10.2014Electricity bourse price grew nearly 10% in September
- 23.10.2014The story of the very first batch of Daumantu mayonnaise becomes a legend
- 23.10.2014LNG terminal – guarantor of Lithuania's energy security
- 23.10.2014Nordea bank in Latvia operates with EUR 32.8 mln losses in 9 months
- 23.10.2014Estonian Parliament passes e-residency law
- 23.10.2014Tourism companies call for renovation of Pärnu airport
- 23.10.2014Orlen Lietuva improves results in Q3 amidst pressure of operational costs
- 23.10.2014Lithuanian president: legal reforms needed for strengthening democracy in Ukraine