Good for Business
Good for Business
Data of Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that, compared with 2013, retail trade turnover, according to calendar adjusted data, in 2014 increased by 3.6%. Retail trade in food products grew by 3.6%, whereas retail trade of non-food products – by 3.7%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In the 4th quarter of 2014, compared with the 3rd quarter of 2014, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) value (seasonally adjusted data) rose by 0.4%, according to flash estimate of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, GDP, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Although the so-called money printing program announced by the European Central Bank last week includes government bonds, it is not excluded that Estonian central bank Eesti Pank could buy bonds of state-owned companies, Eesti Energia and Elering, in the framework of it, LETA/Postimees writes.
Keyword tags: Banks, Energy, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
On 29 January 2015, the Bank of Lithuania issued into circulation a 50 euro collector coin, dedicated to coinage in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (GDL). This is the first collector Lithuanian euro coin, reported BC the Bank of Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, History, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Latvia wishes to develop closer cooperation in Finland in the field of education by developing cooperation in all areas of education and experience of technology transfer, President Andris Berzins said during a meeting with Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubb, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Technology
Baltic States: Opinion
CSR Latvia is CSR Europe’s second Baltic national partner. In this interview, Agnese Alksne, Chairwoman of the Board of CSR Latvia, outlines what they as a stakeholder network see as current CSR trends and challenges in Latvia and the Baltics; and comments on the upcoming Latvian EU presidency.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
26.11.2014.Dauksts: Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientist or official from Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On 2 March, 2015, an international conference entitled “Post-2015 and Beijing+20: Women’s Economic Empowerment and Sustainable Development – the Synthesis for Success” will take place in the National Library of Latvia, reported BC the Latvian Institute.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Legislation, Women leaders
- 30.01.2015Grybauskaite: Health Ministry blind to people's complaints
- 30.01.2015Traffic accidents in Estonia swallow 1-2% of GDP a year
- 30.01.2015LMT registers highest number of clients in company's history in 2014
- 30.01.2015Estonian parliament passes act on organ transplantation
- 29.01.2015In December construction input prices grew by 0.5% in Lithuania
- 29.01.2015Every fifth person in Estonia lived in relative poverty in 2013
- 29.01.2015Latvia offers Finland to become shareholder in Rail Baltica joint venture
- 29.01.2015In January-December, cargo handling in the Baltic Eastern Coast Seaports grew by 3.6%
- 29.01.2015LMT turnover and profit reduces in 2014
- 29.01.2015Rimsevics: measures should be taken to warm Latvian economy up
- 29.01.2015Estonian Air: competition will lower ticket prices
- 29.01.2015Klaipedos Nafta wins 2015 European Gas Award for Project of Year
- 29.01.2015MEP calls to protect Lithuanian road carriers
- 29.01.2015Rõivas to Gurria: OECD recommendations coincide with Estonian government policy
- 29.01.2015Lattelecom earns EUR 30.1 mln in 2014
- 29.01.2015Latvian Revenue Service: situation at Gan Bei improving