Good for Business
Good for Business
Statistics Lithuania informs that an annual publication Investment in Tangible Fixed Assets and Construction 2014 has been released. The publication provides the main statistical information on investment in tangible and intangible fixed assets, construction work carried out by cons¬truc¬tion enterprises, building permits issued and residential and non-residential building construction.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Construction, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Real Estate
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The Austrian capital Vienna has the highest quality of life of any city in the world, followed by Zurich in Switzerland and Auckland, New Zealand, according to a survey published Wednesday. The highest ranking Baltic city was Vilnius (79th), followed by Tallinn (88th), and Riga (89th), informs LETA/AFP.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Markets and Companies, Rating, Society
05.03.2015.Latvia: given the increasing numbers of asylum seekers, the EU must take careful effective action
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian business associations and trade unions said in a joint address on Thursday that the main task for the next government period should be significant improvement in effectiveness and updating the functioning of the state, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Business, Education and Science, Estonia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
05.03.2015.Lithuanian PM applies to Prosecutor General's Office over public procurements for EXPO 2015
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In 2014, the Latvian commercial bank Regionala investiciju banka suffered losses in the amount EUR 1.882 million, informs LETA, according to the bank's unaudited financial data.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Baltic Aviation Academy, European standard training centre, doubled student number during the 2014. In comparison to 2013 student number for type rating training increased by 117%, making it go over 2000 in 2014, reports BC Academy’s press service.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Transport
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
10.02.2015.Latvian schools might introduce media and information lessons to counter Russia's propaganda
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with the Lithuanian news portal Delfi.lt, former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said that, in the event of war, the Baltics lack the strategic advantages held by Ukraine, reports BNS/LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Legislation, Security, Ukraine
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
A UNESCO conference entitled “CONNECTing the Dots: Options for Future Action” is taking place on 3-4 March in Paris. The conference has been organized to discuss the first draft of the Comprehensive Study on Internet-related issues: access to information and knowledge, freedom of expression, privacy, and the ethical dimensions of the information society, reports BC the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Internet, Latvia, Technology
02.03.2015.An international conference on promoting economic opportunities for women takes place in Riga
24.02.2015.Disciplinary case initiated against six Latvian Economy Ministry officials over "Expo 2015" failure
- 05.03.2015UN high commissioner for human rights satisfied with non-citizens' situation in Latvia
- 05.03.2015Lithuania supports Georgia's eurointegration aspirations
- 05.03.2015Latvia and Belarus strengthen cooperation in fighting crime
- 04.03.2015For housing maintenance Latvian households on average spend 138 euros per month
- 04.03.2015Sunday alcohol sales ban in Tallinn postponed
- 04.03.2015In 2014, 8.2% more tourists stayed at Lithuanian accommodation establishments
- 04.03.2015Latvia registered EU's fifth largest increase in retail trade turnover in January
- 04.03.2015Drug sales turnover in Latvia in January – EUR 29.28 mln
- 04.03.2015Banking sector’s role in supporting European SMEs
- 04.03.2015The average price of petrol 95 in Estonia fell by 21.5% in January y-o-y
- 04.03.2015E-governance leading experts discuss e-governance challenges in Riga
- 04.03.2015Lithuania – among EU leaders in GHG emissions per capita
- 04.03.2015Eesti Pank set restricting requirements for issuing housing loans
- 04.03.2015Lithuanian beef is welcome in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 04.03.2015EU and Kazakhstan confirm the mutual interest in signing and ratifying the new Enhanced Partnership Agreement
- 04.03.2015Stockmann and Colliers Latvia sign cooperation agreement for leasing premises in Riga