Good for Business
Good for Business
Former chief editor of the Russian news site Lenta.ru, Galina Timchenko, has founded a company in Latvia, reports LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Good for Business, Internet, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
At the moment, there are 1.295 million Latvians and 0.583 million Russians living in Latvia, according to latest information provided by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Demography, Latvia, Society
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The E-Estonia Council convened on Tuesday, discussing issues related to the so-called real-time economy, writes LETA/National Broadcasting.
Keyword tags: Economics, Estonia, Internet, Legislation, Technology
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Latvia's banking sector operated with a profit of EUR 211.2 million in the first seven months of 2014, reports LETA, referring to operative information provided by the Financial and Capital Market Commission.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
25.08.2014.Cash litas can be exchanged to euro free of charge at almost 700 locations around Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
A total of 22,775 first grade pupils are set to begin their first school year in 2014, as the Education and Science Ministry's estimations indicate, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia
18.08.2014.Union leader: Latvian parties running in election "have heard the grievances from educators"
Baltic States: Opinion
Latvian MEP Andrejs Mamikins has sent a letter to the President of the European Comission Mr. José Manuel Durão Barroso concerning the mutual sanctions between EU and Russia. BC publicizes the message uncensored.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
06.08.2014.Edgars Rinkevics:Including Donetsk and Luhansk ''republics'' on terrorist list would be a very strong signal
05.08.2014.Current Pasazieru vilciens trains service life expires in 2016 – Latvian transport minister
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On 10 September, 2014, the Competition Council in partnership with Vilnius University will hold the 11th Baltic Competition Conference, the Competition Council informs.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 27.08.2014In 2014, Grain harvest in Latvia to be 11% larger than the average in past 5 years
- 27.08.2014Estonia planning to create digital embassies
- 27.08.2014Estonian retailers criticise decision to allow consumption of alcohol in public
- 27.08.2014Norwegian Orkla to invest EUR 2 mln in NP Foods
- 27.08.2014Latvian dairy producers to be paid just EUR 6 mln in compensation
- 27.08.2014Two of prospective buyers of Liepajas metalurgs have serious intentions
- 27.08.2014SEB maintained Estonia’s GDP growth outlook, Swedbank downgraded
- 27.08.2014Audit: Lithuanian Transport Min has been repeating errors of previous year
- 27.08.2014Gasum will sell Estonian subsidiary to Alexela Energy
- 27.08.2014Ilves: talented scientists help Estonia to become much greater and visible
- 27.08.2014Latvian companies suffering from Russia's sanctions to receive tax-payment extensions
- 27.08.2014Members of Riigikogu met with Estonian ambassadors
- 27.08.2014Merko to build sports hall in Vilnius
- 27.08.2014Lithuania and Moldova discuss justice cooperation
- 27.08.2014Latvian government agrees on extra EUR 5.5 mln for healthcare
- 26.08.2014Lithuanian president presents seven sets of tasks to government