Good for Business
Good for Business
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on provisional data, in July 2015, the turnover (VAT excluded) of retail trade enterprises* amounted to EUR 816.7 million; against June 2015, it increased by 5.9% at constant prices (seasonally and working day adjusted – remained unchanged).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in the 2nd quarter of 2015 compared to the same quarter of the previous year, the total production of Estonian construction enterprises in Estonia and foreign countries decreased 6%. The construction volumes have decreased for two years in a row.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Construction, Estonia, Real Estate
28.08.2015.Lithuanian president: management of Vilijampole social care home exerts pressure on staff
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Joint-stock shipping company Latvijas Kugnieciba (Latvian Shipping Company) and its subsidiaries (LSC Group) posted USD 45.81 million in total revenue in the first half of the year, which was by 3.3% less when compared to the same period last year, reports LETA, according to the company's financial report presented to the NASDAQ OMX Riga stock exchange.
28.08.2015.Latvian Construction Control Office: 89% educational establishments are in excellent or good condition
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Tax and Customs Board, the average annual gross income per person in 2014 grew by 4.8% in the year-on-year comparison, to 11,758 euros, writes LETA/Postimees Online.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Financial Services, Taxation, Wages
26.08.2015.Lithuanian banks' positions in payments market being taken over by competing institutions
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Around 66,400 pupils will begin the new school year in 115 municipal schools, said LETA the Deputy Director of Education, Culture and Sports Department of the Riga City Council Ivars Balamovskis.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The annual "Gastronomy Festival" starts this week on August 26 and in the course of more than 10 days will take place at almost 60 restaurants, cafes, bars, patisseries, bakeries, and pizzerias in Latvia, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Foodstuff, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 28.08.2015Michal: corruption case at Port of Tallinn will not endanger procurement of ferries
- 27.08.2015Latvijas piens increases milk purchase by 50%
- 27.08.2015Maxima to start teaching Estonian language to the employees
- 27.08.2015PM: if allegations of corruption in Port of Tallinn are true, it’s significant security risk
- 27.08.2015Estonians more active than Baltic neighbours in buying 4G tablet computers
- 27.08.2015EPL: logistics entrepreneurs suspected in giving bribes to Port of Tallinn executives
- 27.08.2015Estonian Starman boost turnover and earnings in 6 months
- 27.08.2015Ventspils already stepping on Klaipeda's LNG heels
- 27.08.2015Vejonis: it is still unclear how refugees will be integrated in Latvia
- 27.08.2015Turnover of trade and repair of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania decreased in July
- 27.08.2015Lithuania’s EcoMin: export promotion is giving results
- 27.08.2015President: situation in Lithuania's social care homes is very poor
- 27.08.2015Automobile tax and excise tax on fuel must not be raised if road maintenance funds are not increased in Latvia
- 27.08.201575% young persons in Estonia save up for trips abroad or to buy real estate
- 27.08.2015Tallinn Zoo celebrated 76th anniversary
- 27.08.2015Estonian Air to carry out sub-contracting flights on Örebro-Copenhagen route