Good for Business
Good for Business
On April 16th 2015 during the Awards Ceremony and Dinner at the State Gymnasium No.2, the winners of the Human Development Award 2015 were announced in Latvia: Jurmala Protection Association, subsidiary of Tautskola 99 Baltie zirgi „Ikskiles Briva Skola”, “Ronald McDonald House Charities Latvija” Care Mobile and Andris Ceksters, reported BC executive director at AmCham Latvia Liga Smildzina-Bertulsone.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Good for Business, Latvia, Society
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The consumer price level in Latvia in March 2015, compared with the same month of the previous year, increased 0.5%, which was the fourth highest increase in the EU, according to the latest data from the EU's statistical office Eurostat, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Inflation
17.04.2015.Lithuanian and German MFA discussed bilateral partnership, response to new threats in Europe
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Nearly 54,000 people in Estonia have joined the initiative "Say "no" to fuel excise tax increase!" in the Facebook and the organisers plan to hold a public meeting on May 6, 2015 in front of the Estonian parliament building, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Energy, Estonia, Legislation, Taxation, Transport
17.04.2015.Travellers crossing Lithuanian customs posts allowed to bring goods and fuel free of taxes 3 times per month
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The amount of newly-issued loans in Latvia is expected to increase 20-25% in 2015, reports LETA, according to Swedbank forecasts.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Loan, Real Estate
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) in Lithuania has launched a competition for students to complete an internship with NASA Ames Research Centre in the United States and is now accepting applications, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Lithuania, Technology, USA
14.04.2015.Pildegovics: investing in the education of future leaders is important long-term support for Latvia’s partner countries
10.04.2015.Facsimile of "Terra Mariana. 1186-1888" album presented by Latvia to Library of U.S. Congress
Baltic States: Opinion
Just recently my colleague Inga Latkovska and me have finished a research “Latvian PR sphere practitioners opinions monitor 2015”, which was held in cooperation with the Latvian Association of PR professionals, cv-online.lv and the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Latvia. In the survey of 250 Latvian PR specialists we have been able to make a slice of the sphere and to understand what the main trends are in the industry of public relations in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, Latvia, Markets and Companies
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Prosecutor General's Office in Latvia has opened a criminal case to determine what and who exactly was behind Latvia's non-participation in "Expo Milano 2015", but spending over EUR 1 million for it, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
10.04.2015.Iron Sky producer to teach cross-media campaigns and crowdfunding at filmmakers conference in Riga
- 17.04.2015Estonia fell in IT countries rankings, but ahead of neighbors in 2015
- 17.04.2015GoRail stops train service from Tallinn to St. Petersburg and Moscow
- 17.04.2015Riga Circus hopes to revive fire-damaged premises by early July
- 17.04.201549 Vietnamese citizens and their 13 smugglers detained in 2 weeks in Latvia
- 17.04.2015Riga Construction Board authorizes repairs to correct defects in new building at Riga-Stradins Hospital
- 17.04.2015MEP Vaidere would be ready to stand for Latvian president
- 16.04.2015Lithuania: cooperation between China and 16 CEE countries in the “1+16” format is a great platform
- 16.04.2015Lithuania considers aid for Ukraine's railway transport
- 16.04.2015Worse than expected economic forecast means a 100 mln euro challenge for Estonia
- 16.04.2015Lithuania's National Audit Office joins social mentoring initiative
- 16.04.2015Share capital increase of airBaltic finalised
- 16.04.20150.4% deflation predicted for Lithuania in April
- 16.04.2015EU Commission's director-general for environment urges to think about saving resources
- 16.04.2015Police hand over for prosecution another criminal process related to Maxima supermarket tragedy
- 16.04.2015EU and Eastern Partnership States will establish a closer cooperation in the agricultural advisory system
- 16.04.2015Estonian Air uses temporarily replacement planes