Good for Business
Good for Business
Balloon Tallinn, one of the most popular attractions among tourists and local citizens in Tallinn, will continue flying throughout the year, making it one of the kind in the whole world, reported BC port's press service.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Good for Business, Technology, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Compared to July, producer prices in industry in August 2014 have not changed, according to the data of Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia. Producer prices of products sold on the domestic market rose by 0.2%, but prices of exported products declined by 0.2%; of which prices in exports to euro area countries decreased by 0.5%, but to non-euro area countries – did not change.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Eesti Transiidikeskus (Estonian Transit Centre) Manager Erik Laidvee said that reductions in automotive production in Russia have not yet had an impact on the container train that transports details from Muuga to the Mitsubishi assembly plant in Kaluga, Russia, every other day, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Containers, Estonia, Railways, Transport
19.09.2014.Pharmaceutical giant Cipla ready to finance the internship of 3 Lithuanian scholars in India
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) welcomes the decision by the government of Latvia to sell its stake in Citadele to a group of international investors led by the U.S. investment fund Ripplewood Holdings and Tim Collins, the founder and CEO of the fund, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, USA
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
"QS World University Rankings" – a list of the world's top universities – has included seven Baltic universities this year. Out of the seven Baltic universities on the list, the University of Latvia (LU) is the only university representing Latvia. Tartu is leading in Baltics, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Rating
Baltic States: Opinion
The Russian government is laying the groundwork for a Ukrainian scenario in the Baltic countries, arguing that the three are mistreating ethnic Russians, that the West has failed to oppose such actions, and that Moscow is compelled under the circumstances to work to protect these members of "the Russian world,” American analyst and expert on Soviet Union matters, Paul Goble warns, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia, USA
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On 23-25 October, the biggest business and leadership conference Forum One 2014 in Central Europe will take place in Vilnius with over 5,000 participants from 8 European countries, reports LETA/ELTA, referring to Vilnius Convention.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 19.09.2014African swine fever buffer zone to be expanded in Lithuania
- 19.09.2014Grybauskaite: riflemen's union is example of civic responsibility
- 19.09.2014Ciolos: Latvian farmers will receive compensation payments by end-year
- 18.09.2014Housing prices increase by 4.1 pct in Q2 in Lithuania
- 18.09.2014Ir: Liepajas metalurgs investors haunted by scandals and lawsuits
- 18.09.2014Two candidates offer to sell Latvia stationary speed cameras
- 18.09.2014Lithuanian Seimas approves of Grybauskaite's veto on amendments to Law on Competition
- 18.09.2014Latvian Culture Ministry supports preserving former KGB headquarters
- 18.09.2014Poroshenko: Putin could capture the Baltics in 2 days
- 18.09.2014Estonian state won 2.5 mln euros in court cases in 2013
- 18.09.2014Inflation in Lithuania predicted at 0.4% in September
- 18.09.2014Lithuanian satellites to land on postage stamps
- 18.09.2014Analysts: Russian money flees to Estonia
- 18.09.2014Construction Inspectorate is demanding to destroy a biofuel plant in Vilnius
- 18.09.2014Latvian Saeima approves mechanisms to compensate needy residents for of electricity price growth
- 18.09.2014Latvian Saeima approves extension of tax payment terms for companies suffering from Russia's sanctions