Good for Business
Good for Business
All plans in Latvia's government-funded pension scheme showed positive yield at the end of September 2016, according to publicly available information on the government-funded pension plans, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Financial Services, Funds, Good for Business, Latvia, Pensioners
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
The unemployment rate in Latvia in August this year was 9.3 % or the eighth highest among the EU member states which had made their data available, according to information published by Eurostat on Friday.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Labour-market, Latvia
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
During the third quarter of its current fiscal year which closed in August, Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) generated SEK 94 mln (EUR 9.7 mln) in Latvian sales, which was a 3 % increase against the same period a year ago, according to the company's financial report reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Markets and Companies, Retail
30.09.2016.Lithuanian railway company and Lithuanian Transport Ministry at odds over Rail Baltica project
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Latvian general government consolidated budget accumulated a EUR 249.6 mln surplus in the first eight months of 2016, the Latvian Finance Ministry informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Valmiera town in north-eastern Latvia has been admitted to the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC) that was created to jointly look for solutions to globalization, urbanization, demographic problems and other urban development challenges of the 21st century, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
At the Äriplaan 2017 conference on Wednesday, Governor of Eesti Pank Ardo Hansson spoke of the increased share of labour-dependent sectors in the Estonian economy, which is also illustrated by the growth in wages in recent years. This means that the market is moving ever more decisively away from business models based on cheap labour.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Estonia, Labour-market, Wages
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Modern Italian artist, Daniele Donde (Dondé), famous around the world for his new approach in “glamorous art” has been in Riga (17-25 September) showing his pictures in a couple of city’s galleries. Visiting his exhibition in the Pullman Hotel, BC’s editor shares with readers fascination from the maestro’s invention, the so-called Glam Art.
12.09.2016.International Council for Exploration of the Sea annual conference to take place in Riga next week
- 30.09.2016Lithuania's hemp grower Agropro eyes exports to US
- 29.09.2016Better regulation system, decision-making and transparency in the EU
- 29.09.2016Mediterranean states use structural reforms to reduce migration to Europe
- 29.09.2016Polish Inter Cars opens representation in Estonia
- 29.09.2016Estonian transit cos post representative to Kazakhstan for a year at own expense
- 29.09.2016Third gas supplier expected to heighten competition in Lithuanian market
- 29.09.2016Baltics becoming more popular among Japanese tourists
- 29.09.2016Year's worth of apartments up for sale in Tallinn
- 29.09.2016Relations with Belarus should be further expanded
- 29.09.2016Work on agreement for implementation of Rail Baltica project still continuing
- 29.09.2016Estonia and Poland investigating EUR 5 mln alleged fraud
- 29.09.2016Latvia supports Georgieva's candidacy for UN secretary general
- 28.09.2016Click & Grow puts wall farms on the market
- 28.09.2016airBaltic to get first two new CS300 airplanes before year-end - Bombardier
- 28.09.2016Construction costs decreased by 0.4% in Latvia
- 28.09.2016Latvia slips down to 49th place in Global Competitiveness Index