Good for Business
Good for Business
Tele2 partners up with Vodafone to provide services to corporate clients in Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden18.01.2017.
Swedish telecommunications operator Tele2 and British mobile operator Vodafone have concluded a partnership agreement to provide services to global and multinational companies in Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden, Tele2 representatives told BC.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Cooperation, Good for Business, Latvia, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Technology, Telecomunications
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Residents of Lithuania are happier than Latvians and Estonians, however, all in all, people of all three Baltic states are not as happy as the world population, shows a World Barometer published by Win/Gallup International and Baltic Market Insights, writes LETA/BNS.
16.01.2017.We grasp Lithuania's concerns about Astravyets, don't plan embargo laws - Latvian minister
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
If the planned railway electrification project affects budget resources, the project might be suspended, said Latvian Prime Minister Maris Kucinskis (Greens/Farmers) in an interview with commercial LNT television on Wednesday, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Latvia, Transport
17.01.2017.Emergency situation declared in Krimulda, Adazi, Salaspils regions in relation to ASF outbreak
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
A new investor of the multifunctional Porto Franco complex in the Estonian capital's harbor area is businessman Oleg Ossinovski who has signed a contract for the establishment of a mortgage worth 7.8 mln euros for the plots, according the weekly Eesti Ekspress reports informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Construction, Estonia, Investments, Real Estate
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Despite its regret about the UK leaving the EU, the European University Association (EUA) is pleased that UK Prime Minister Theresa May explicitly highlighted science, research and innovation in a much-anticipated speech on Brexit given from London on 17 January 2017.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
According to the data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB), the Latvian external trade turnover dropped slightly (0.6%) month-on-month. Within a month, the goods export and import values dropped by 0.1% and 1.1% respectively. Year-on-year, the goods export and import values posted positive growth by 3.4% and 3.2% respectively, which is a good performance, given the still low level of external demand.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Export, Financial Services, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Statistics
09.01.2017.The year 2017 in the corporate communication field: putting things in order, analysing and pushing the boundaries
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Legal nationality beyond national boundaries and the role of blockchain. Estonian project case study17.01.2017.
Estonia, well-known by its electronic legal nationality project, is light years away from other countries in digitalization and business convenience area. Well, e-Residency project allows everyone anywhere on the planet to register a company, pay taxes and conduct document management in Estonia.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Forum, Innovations, Technology
16.01.2017.Over EUR 1 Million have been donated to the ABLV Charitable Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Charitable Campaign
23.12.2016.The founder of Bitcoin Foundation and Forbes columnist will visit Blockchain Conference in Tallinn
- 16.01.2017Swedish Trelleborg Wheels Systems to fully move its wheel systems plant to Liepaja
- 16.01.2017Wind power and Swedish electricity keep prices in Lithuanian market stable
- 16.01.2017Details of isolated operation of Baltic energy system expected in fall
- 16.01.2017Lithuania and Latvia post exports decline in Jan-Nov 2016 among Balts
- 16.01.2017The population of Estonia increased last year
- 13.01.2017World is being accustomed to thought that small nuclear war is permissible - Landsbergis
- 13.01.2017Lice appointed as acting board chairperson of Riga International Airport
- 13.01.2017Leedo contests impounding of ferry St. Ola in court
- 13.01.2017Sproge elected new mayor of Jurmala after Truksnis' resignation
- 13.01.2017Natural gas consumers in Latvia will be able to select supplier from April 3
- 13.01.2017Lithuania'sl budget revenue EUR 237 above target in 2016
- 13.01.2017Estonia's current account ran EUR 76 mln surplus in November
- 13.01.2017Demographic trends in Lithuania
- 13.01.2017Close to 14,000 babies born in Estonia in 2016
- 13.01.2017Latvia favors power grid synchronization via Poland
- 13.01.2017Estonia's E-piim to sell EUR 2 mln worth of cheese to Japan