Good for Business
Good for Business
Norway has decided to provide support to nine Latvian cities, offering opportunities to participate in international exhibitions with an aim to attract potential investors, representative of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Marika Vanka informed LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Good for Business, Investments, Latvia, Legislation
02.09.2014.Mobile passport workstation from Latvia successfully operated in Australia and New Zealand
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia show that, in 2013 renewable energy sources (RES) in Latvia comprised 68 gigajoules. In comparison with 2012 RES consumption fell by 2.5%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Energy, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
At the meeting of the Commission on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminal in Klaipeda on Tuesday, company Klaipedos Nafta (Klaipeda Oil), which is implementing the project, asked the contractors to work around the clock, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Energy, Gas, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Today, the government of Latvia approved the European Union's (EU) Structural and Investment Funds for growth and jobs in 2014-2020, outlining the Cohesion Fund priorities, goals, and the attainable results, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
According to the head of Lithuanian Government, it is absolutely impossible to increase teacher's salaries already in 2014, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Education and Science, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
18.08.2014.Union leader: Latvian parties running in election "have heard the grievances from educators"
Baltic States: Opinion
Ukraine will never reconcile with the loss of Crimea. Valery Zhovtenko, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to Lithuania, said in the exclusive interview to ELTA news agency that only negotiation measures will be used to solve the issue of Crimea, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Ukraine
06.08.2014.Edgars Rinkevics:Including Donetsk and Luhansk ''republics'' on terrorist list would be a very strong signal
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
To honour the outstanding Swedish diplomat Dag Hammarskjöld and to highlight his humanitarian achievement and his fate, on September 18th the Swedish embassy in Riga, Publishing house Zvaigzne ABC and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga are hosting an international conference “Roadmarks. The longest journey is the journey inwards”, (SSE Riga, Soros Auditorium), reports Zvaigzne ABC.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
- 02.09.2014Latvian Revenue Service investigating VAT fraud case in connection with Slesers
- 02.09.2014New case of African swine fever detected in Lithuania
- 02.09.2014Latvian interior minister "blacklists" five persons in August
- 01.09.2014China's economy faces challenges despite steady performance
- 01.09.2014Ukrainian Embassy in Lithuania publishes facts proving deep Russia's involvement in eastern Ukraine
- 01.09.2014Riga Shipyard's first half year’s turnover – 6.9 mln, losses – 1.3 mln
- 01.09.2014Snaige turnover made EUR 21.5 mln in H1
- 01.09.2014Negotiations between health care professionals and hospitals in Estonia without progress
- 01.09.2014Baltika increased sales revenue by 20% in August y-o-y
- 01.09.2014China and Central-Eastern Europe seek more potentials on cooperation
- 01.09.2014In Q2, GDP in Lithuania grew by 3.1%
- 01.09.2014First "AirDog" drones expected already in November
- 01.09.2014Buffer zone against African swine fever virus in Estonia to be expanded
- 01.09.2014FinMin downgraded Estonia’s economic growth outlook for 2014-2015
- 01.09.2014Krievu Island infrastructure development project in Riga will be completed on time
- 01.09.2014Lithuanian president met with Ukrainian leader