Good for Business
Good for Business
UPB Holding, one of the leading groups of industrial companies in Latvia, has registered a subsidiary in London, which is the group's eighth subsidiary abroad, the Dienas Bizness newspaper reports, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Construction, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Real Estate
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, the change of the consumer price index in February 2014 was 0.1% compared to January 2014 and 0.6% compared to February of the previous year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Inflation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
3,3 million tons of seaborne cargo were handled totally in Klaipeda Seaport and at Butinge Terminal in February of 2014, informed BC marketing specialist of Klaipeda State Seaport Authority Jurga Daujotiene.
07.03.2014.Ambulance’s deputy director for leaking information about those killed in Riga supermarket tragedy fired
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
At the end of February 2014, official reserve assets amounted to LTL 20.4 billion (EUR 5.9 billion). Over the reporting period they declined by LTL 617.3 million (EUR 178 million), or 2.9%, informs LETA/ELTA, referring the Bank of Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
A global consultation company Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) released its ranking list QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014 which ranks the specialties of top universities in comparison with each other. Estonia makes the list with three specialties: the highest position (51–100) is maintained by the communication studies curriculum of the University of Tartu, modern languages, history and archaeology rank on places 151–200, Tartu University informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Rating
25.02.2014.Latvian Audit Office: Ministry may be violating the law in planning earmarked subsidies for teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin met with media representatives to answer a number of their questions, in particular with regard to the situation in Ukraine, informs kremlin.ru.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
The jury lineup of the VI International Marketing and Advertising "White Square 2014" Festival, which will be held this year in Minsk on April 24-26, is formed.
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Markets and Companies
03.03.2014.The CEO of «Russian Fuel and Energy Complex in the XXI Century» Forum informed about the main theme
- 07.03.2014Preliminary sales revenues of Klaipedos Nafta decreased by 28.7% in January-February
- 07.03.2014Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania turns to Prosecutor Office over Russian propaganda
- 07.03.2014Sadzius: meeting Maastricht criteria is not enough for Lithuania
- 07.03.2014ECB trims inflation, raises growth forecasts for eurozone in 2014
- 06.03.2014In January industrial production volume in Latvia reduced by 11% y-o-y
- 06.03.2014Enefit turnover in Latvia at EUR 56.5 mln in 2013
- 06.03.2014PM: Lithuanian businessmen working with Russia, Ukraine may face difficulties
- 06.03.2014Latvia’s Saeima strongly condemns Russia's military aggression in Ukraine
- 06.03.2014Towards universal global climate agreement: agenda for the Baltic States
- 06.03.2014PM presented the priorities of Lithuanian Government for 2014
- 06.03.2014Estonian Air carried 32,152 passengers in February
- 06.03.2014Arco: rental market enlargement is a real support to young families
- 06.03.2014Finland stalls building LNG terminal
- 06.03.2014Siim Kallas working as president of Eesti Pank issued warranties worth hundreds million dollars
- 06.03.2014Government approves of bill of ratification of Estonian-Russian border agreements
- 06.03.2014Persona non grata list for Ukrainians published by Latvian MFA