Good for Business
Good for Business
Estonian-owned real estate investment management company Capital Mill plans to invest 3.3 mln euros in a major renovation of a Rimi store in Vilnius, with YIT Kausta, a leading Lithuanian building company, expected to complete the work by late September, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Estonia, Funds, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Real Estate, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
President Dalia Grybauskaitė met with Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili who arrived on an official visit to Lithuania to mark the start of visa free travels to the European Union and to thank the Lithuanian people for their support to Georgia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – CIS, Lithuania
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvijas Dzelzcels (Latvian Railway, LDz) rail company reported EUR 35.7 mln in turnover for the first two months of this year, which was a 3 % increase against the same period a year ago, while the company's profit grew 34% y-o-y to EUR 6.4 mln, LETA was told at LDz.
Keyword tags: Cargo, Good for Business, Latvia, Railways, Statistics, Transport
27.03.2017.Nokia malware report reveals new all-time high in mobile device infections and major IoT device security vulnerabilities
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Russian businessman Grigory Guselnikov said in the interview with Echo Moskvy radio station that after the acquisition of the Ukrainian subsidiary of Russia's Sberbank it will be renamed as Norvik Bank, according to UNN news portal writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Mergers and take-overs, Ukraine
27.03.2017.Latvian FinMin supports Justice Ministry’s proposal on property tax hike that does not exceed 10%
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Riga Teacher Training and Educational Management Academy will cease to exist on October 1, 2017, the Cabinet of Ministers decided writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
The dynamic of monetary indicators did not change in February. The amount of deposits attracted by banks and the balance of loans granted to enterprises underwent respectively moderate and slight growth. As a result, the indicators of the year-on-year rate of change for the main monetary indicators still remain in the positive sector.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Economics, Financial Services, Latvia
21.03.2017.Latest projection of the Bank of Lithuania: Given economic acceleration and average wage will rise more than prices
10.03.2017.Rapid growth in exports in Estonia led to a record surplus on the current account in 2016
Managing urban areas has been always one of the most important development challenges for city planners. During last decades, cities have been developed in a strictly “human & sustainable” way: everything for city’s dwellers! However, nowadays it’s easy to evaluate the “optimal city” –its development has to be in line with the sustainability concept adopted by the UN and in effect from January 2016.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Real Estate, Round Table
The other day a press conference was held in Riga, where a new project was presented, claiming to take a lead role in the cultural life of Northern Europe and Latvia - the "Baltic Musical Seasons” Festival. The project is supported by a Fund specially established for this purpose. Participants of the Fund are large local and foreign entrepreneurs. This event is financially supported also by Rietumu Bank, which continues its programme of promoting of classical music.
20.03.2017.RB Rail AS Announces the Rail Baltica Project's Major Event of This Year – the Rail Baltica Global Forum 2017
- 29.03.2017Russian Sberbank to sell its Ukrainian subsidiary to consortium of investors that includes Latvia’s Norvik Banka
- 28.03.2017Estonian unit of ABB boosts FY sales 18 %
- 28.03.2017Lux Express set to start operating Russian domestic routes in summer
- 27.03.2017Over 40 tenders to be announced within Rail Baltica project this year
- 27.03.2017Capitec Bank invests €21M in European fintech Creamfinance
- 27.03.2017Sigfox operator Connected Baltics OÜ and Telia Estonia Ltd enter IoT partnership for Estonia
- 24.03.2017Riga Airport to offer 89 flight destinations in the summer season
- 24.03.2017Amber Beverage Group acquires Interbaltija AG alcohol distributor
- 24.03.2017Nuta wants to build used oils recycling facility in western Lithuania
- 24.03.2017General government debt in Estonia declined again
- 24.03.2017The European Capital of Innovation Award - iCapital
- 24.03.2017The annual growth of the Dwelling Price Index in Estonia slowed down
- 24.03.2017Summer schedule of Tallinn airport features 36 destinations
- 24.03.2017Lithuanian producers may benefit from Brazil's meat scandal
- 24.03.2017Nordstream 2 likely to win recognition as legitimate project
- 24.03.2017Lithuanian energy producer LEG approves EUR 0.02 dividend for H2 2016