Good for Business
Good for Business
he Lithuanian port of Klaipeda, which has in the past three years stood out in the Eastern Baltic Sea region for its cargo traffic growth, expects to keep growing next year and plans to expand its infrastructure to double its annual tonnage to 80 million tons in 2025, LETA/BNS writes according to the daily Lietuvos Zinios reported on Friday.
Keyword tags: Cargo, Good for Business, Lithuania, Port, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Following the European Central Bank's decision to continue the Eurosystem's expanded asset purchase program after March 2017, favorable financing conditions for Lithuania, its businesses and private individuals, will remain in place in the coming years, the Lithuanian central bank governor said LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Lithuania
09.12.2016.The surplus on the current account of the Estonian balance of payments reached a record level in the 3Q
07.12.2016.Latvia is aware of Belarus' military orientation but dialogue with this neighbor country is necessary - Defense Ministry
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvia's recognizability as a tourism destination is rather low even in the markets located in the same region, Inese Sirava, Director of Tourism Department at the Latvian Investment and Development Agency said LETA.
08.12.2016.Electricity flowed unusually in Latvia-Estonia and Estonia-Finland directions in November
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Investors are interested in investing in the Baltic states, but Latvia does not offer officially defined arguments why investments should be made in Latvia, said Klavins Ellex lawyers office's partner Raimonds Saidins in an interview with LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Investments, Latvia
07.12.2016.Balta insurer pays record-high EUR 4.85 mln indemnity for damage caused by fire at Lignums plant
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Latvia has been helping Kabul Polytechnic University in the Afghan capital city by providing teaching aids to the university's department of railway engineering, LETA was told at the Latvian Transport Ministry.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Export, Latvia
25.10.2016.The study defines a new concept of "exploitative sham marriages" and proposes recommendations for their reduction
Baltic States: Opinion
The current account surplus diminished in the first half of the year, but in the third quarter it was again bigger than at the same time last year. One cause of the increase in the surplus was the broad-based acceleration in growth in exports of goods and services. At the same time, preliminary estimates show investment to have been less in the third quarter than at the same time a year ago, which held back growth in imports.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Estonia, Financial Services, GDP
30.11.2016.Rubesa: next year's tasks of the Rail Baltic/Rail Baltica project – to achieve project maturity and implement efficient use of resources
29.11.2016.Italy’s Constitutional Referendum: What Are the Possible Scenarios for the Italian Financial Sector?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Rietumu Bank’s new 2017 desktop calendar has been released. The cross-cutting theme of this calendar is charity. The twelve stories on its pages cover projects, facilities, or simply good deeds which have been supported by Rietumu Bank or its Charity Fund, Rietumu banka representative said BC.
Keyword tags: Banks, Culture, Financial Services, Latvia, Society
- 07.12.2016RAM Experts: Industrial metals rally, boosted by Trumponomics expectations
- 07.12.2016Savisaar sought money for party from Russia in 2014
- 07.12.2016Lithuania's rate of smokers above EU average - Eurostat
- 07.12.2016Estonian Natl Audit Office: Eesti Energia carried out Utah project in hurry
- 06.12.2016Elering announces tender for construction of Estonian-Latvian power connection
- 06.12.2016Estonian farm minister resigns after less than 2 weeks on the job
- 06.12.2016Estonian apartment market not in danger of overheating
- 06.12.2016PISA 2015: Estonia's basic education best in Europe
- 06.12.2016Alberta Government official visits Riga Port to discuss opportunities for cooperation in oil product exports
- 06.12.2016Few Saeima members serve or want to serve in Home Guard
- 06.12.2016Premiums expected to grow in line with GDP
- 06.12.2016Attempted theft of the author’s right to the film “Attempt on the State. Inconvenient Vashkevich”
- 06.12.2016Integration and European values: challenges abound
- 06.12.2016One-tenth of Lithuanians want to emigrate for good
- 06.12.2016Latvia’s national carrier airBaltic to launch flights from Riga to Madrid in May 2017
- 05.12.2016Rietumu Banka earn biggest profits in banking sector in nine months - ALCB