Good for Business
Good for Business
Managing Director of OÜ Krimelte Alar Salum said that their enterprise is aspiring to expand the geographic scope of its exports, and is targeting large Asian countries as potential new markets, writes Äripäev.ee/LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Estonia, Good for Business, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
During the first nine months of 2014 mortality decline was observed in Latvia. Provisional data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that 21 155 deaths were registered in the country, which is 387 fewer than in the first nine months of 2013. However, the number of deaths increased in September.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Demography, Latvia, Society
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Ukrainian conflict has caused serious alterations in economy – business activity in Russia is hampered, however, Ukraine still offers excellent business opportunities, Girts Kronbergs, advisor to CEO of the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), Janis Endzins, said in an interview with "Rietumu radio", writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Baltic States – CIS, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Ukraine
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Russian investigators have come across capital outflow in the amount of more than one billion rubles (EUR 19 million), caused by money transfers to non-resident accounts in Latvian and Estonian banks, Russian Ministry of Interior reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Lithuanian National Union of Students has presented their higher education vision, which sees Lithuania reducing the number of higher education institutions and universities by 2030, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Legislation, Lithuania
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Food Bank (Maisto Bankas) campaign in Lithuania which took place on Friday and Saturday saw record high contributions, the organisers say.
Keyword tags: Banks, Foodstuff, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 20.10.2014Lithuanian PM calls for cooperation between Nordic, Baltic countries and Japan
- 20.10.2014Medinsky: politics not hindering cooperation in the arts between Russia and Latvia
- 19.10.2014Rõivas at ASEM meeting: Ukraine must regain control over its territory
- 19.10.2014EUR 27,150 for Latvian original music projects
- 17.10.2014Latvijas Balzams joins Amber Beverage Group
- 17.10.2014Latvia wants to facilitate economic cooperation with New Zealand
- 17.10.2014EU: if Russian taps were turned off, Estonia would run out of gas in 4-5 days
- 17.10.2014Latvian coalition partners do not agree to second proposal on government’s makeup
- 17.10.2014President commends Latvia's transit and logistics opportunities at ASEM
- 17.10.2014Mandatory to be bought LNG amounts distributed to Lithuanian companies
- 17.10.2014Linkevicius to CNN: Europe should continue to sanction Russia
- 17.10.2014Rõivas in Milan: transnational e-services will lead to economic growth
- 17.10.2014Fish farming and processing company to be build near Lithuanian Kupiskis
- 17.10.2014Ilves: we should plan ahead more and act faster in implementing EU digital strategy
- 17.10.2014Lithuanian PM notes importance of cooperation between Europe, Asia at ASEM Summit
- 17.10.2014Latvia's exports up in first 7 months, but reduced in Lithuania and Estonia