Good for Business
Good for Business
In the beginning of 2013, the mood among German companies operating in the Baltic States once again is very optimistic, thus carrying forward the trend of the past three years. The favourable economic conditions in the Baltic States and the positive prospects for the future also determine the expectations towards further developments of their turnovers and export activities and therefore let them expect a successful business year 2014, says the Business survey 2014 of the German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce (AHK).
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Good for Business, Investments, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Compared to February, producer prices in industry in March 2014 decreased by 0.2%, according to the data of Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) of Latvia. In March 2014, compared to March 2013, the overall level of producer prices in the Latvian industry grew by 0.6%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Latvia, Markets and Companies
23.04.2014.Eesti Pank: risks to Estonian financial stability from the external environment have increased
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Baltic States are still negotiation on the standard gauge railway project Rail Baltica 2 route and its branch-line to Lithuania's capital Vilnius. According to Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius who gave an interview to the radio station Laisvoji Banga an agreement should be reached by early July 2014, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Ministry of Finance, the Estonian state budget collected revenue of 1.84 billion euros in the first three months of the year 2014, which is 22.9% of the total amount planned in the budget for the year, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The admission of student candidates to English-language curricula has concluded. The interest of international student candidates in studies in the University of Tartu has increased by more than 45% in comparison with the previous year, the University of Tartu said in a statement, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
The article analyses education in Russia and some other countries in the context of human capital formation. The latter is considered as a major prerequisite for economic development.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Economics, Education and Science, Forum
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
On Wednesday, the international information and communications technology week "Estonian ICT Week 2014" starts, bringing top players of the field from across the world to Estonia, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Internet, Technology
09.04.2014.Solutions for speeding up economic growth will be sought at the Turku Baltic Sea Days 2014
- 23.04.2014Riga District Court rejects Culture Ministry's copyright claim for 973 Soviet movies
- 23.04.2014Three persons suspected of causing Riga Castle fire
- 23.04.2014Most popular movie in cinemas in Estonia clocks 96,719 viewers in 2013
- 23.04.2014Kredex: 64% Estonian companies have used a loan to finance activities
- 23.04.2014U.S. congresswoman meets with Latvian officials on Ukraine
- 23.04.2014Estonia intends to change rules of bunkering ships
- 22.04.2014In March, industrial production in Lithuania decreased by 0.7%
- 22.04.2014In 2013, general government deficit in Lithuania stood at 2.15, debt – 39.4% of GDP
- 22.04.2014In January-March the number of Latvian residents dropped by 2345
- 22.04.2014Construction price index in Estonia took a downturn in Q1
- 22.04.2014SEB: after years of crisis, Estonians choose new homes based on long-term prospects
- 22.04.2014Lithuanian PM: corruption must be fought harder
- 22.04.2014Lithuania's PM: Rail Baltica branch-line must go through Vilnius
- 22.04.2014Alexela bought the whole Kiviõli Keemiatööstus
- 22.04.2014Eesti Pank: indebtedness of companies and households continued to decline in 2013
- 22.04.2014Lithuania's renewable energy resources development program labelled unambitious