Good for Business
Good for Business
Cujo, which was featured as one of the hottest up-and-coming startups at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference 2016, is setting up operations in Lithuania. The US-based startup will establish its Lithuania division by the end of the year, where top IT professionals will work on developing, testing and improving Cujo’s smart home internet security technology, reported BC press officer at Invest Lithuania Egidijus Jurgelionis.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Technology, USA
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Financial turmoil and a long-term threat to Britain’s global influence are the result of the ‘Brexit’ vote announced today following the UK referendum on European Union membership, reported BC the European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The three Baltic countries have agreed on the distribution of VAT revenue from the construction work on the European standard-gauge railway Rail Baltica, Lithuania’s Transport Minister has said, adding that a respective agreement has already been signed and Lithuania will retain VAT revenue from work carried out in the country, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Construction, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Taxation, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Lithuanian Crime Investigation Service (FNTT) is conducting a probe into an illegal attempt to obtain nearly 4 million euros in support from the European Union (EU) and the Lithuanian budget for 11 projects, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Estonian School of Hotel and Tourism Management (EHTE), a private school providing applied higher education in Tallinn, has been declared bankrupt, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation, Tourism
Baltic States: Opinion
The new project Nord Stream 2 providing for the construction of another gas pipeline under the Baltic Sea has been actively discussed in different countries. BC offers its readers a series of articles on this hot topic with the comments of Romans Baumanis, Regional Adviser of Nord Stream 2 for the Baltic states. In the first article of the cycle, we talked about the operation of the first submarine pipeline Nord Stream 1, touching upon the reasons for the development of the second project.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Latvia
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On 21-22 June, Riga will welcome a meeting of political directors of the Foreign Ministries from the countries – members of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE). The meeting is hosted by Latvia as the country coordinating the Baltic and Nordic cooperation (NB8) in 2016, informed BC the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.05.2016.Tallinn e-Governance Conference seeks to answer the question “What are the benefits of e-governance?”
- 22.06.2016Declaration about further development of Rail Baltica signed in Rotterdam
- 22.06.2016Estonian, Finnish government office heads give overview of implementing OECD advice
- 22.06.2016International team of archeologists studying remains of Great Synagogue of Vilnius
- 22.06.2016Lithuania’s Seimas adopts new Labor Code
- 22.06.2016Petition seeking voting rights for Latvian, Estonian non-citizens submitted to EU Parliament
- 22.06.2016Lithuania to spend EUR 7 mln on Javelin missiles from US
- 22.06.2016Former CEO of Riga Central Market a suspect in new bribery case
- 21.06.2016In May, the level of producer prices in Latvian industry decreased by 0.2%
- 21.06.2016Maxima LT and Mantinga will have to pay millions in fines for a cartel
- 21.06.2016Lithuania has 3rd highest share of public debt held by non-residents in EU
- 21.06.2016Estonian construction company buys Sangla Turvas for EUR 2.8 mln
- 21.06.2016Lithuanian Railways' freight traffic grew by 2.8% in 5 months
- 21.06.2016EU approves 6-month Russia sanctions rollover
- 21.06.2016EU Railway sector declaration on boosting international rail freight
- 21.06.2016Estonian prison employment company nets EUR 78,000 in 2015
- 21.06.2016Tallinners to enjoy free rides on Elron trains also in 2017