Good for Business
Good for Business
Consolidated turnover of the construction company RBSSKALS in 2014 exceeded the 2013 level by 21.2%, reaching EUR 74.75 million. Turnover in Latvia and the European Union (EU) amounted to EUR 65.74 million; outside the EU – EUR 9.01 million, as LETA was informed by Ieva Vaverniece, a representative of RBSSKALS.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Construction, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Real Estate
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Although the Estonian government fixed in 2014 the unemployment insurance tax rate for four years, the Council of the Unemployment Insurance Fund made a proposal to lower the rate from 2017, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Insurance, Legislation
04.08.2015.Almost half Latvian residents believe that working for western company's branch carries more prestige
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
KVV Liepajas metalurgs workers inform the state officials about complicated situation at the company04.08.2015.
Several former and current workers at the joint-stock metallurgical company KVV Liepajas metalurgs have sent an open letter to top state officials, to inform them about the complicated situation at the company and calling for a solution, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Employment, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Metals Market
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Today, the Board of JSC Rietumu Banka took a decision on passing its audited financial results for the first half-year of 2015 to the bank shareholders for their consideration. According to the financial statement, net profit of the bank during first six months has reached EUR 37.6 million, informed BC Eleonora Gailisha.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
31.07.2015.Bank of Lithuania issues new licence to engage in non-life insurance activity after 14 years break
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Humanities University (EHU) Masters programs show a dramatic increase (up by 33%) in applications for fall of 2015. The acceptances to the International Law and European Union Law, the Public Policy, and the Historic and Cultural Heritage study programs have doubled, reports BC EHU press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
As of July 31st, a half of the world exhibition EXPO 2015 in Milan is over and a further 92 days lie ahead; during the first three months, the Estonian pavilion was visited by nearly 1.5 million people, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Tourism
17.07.2015.Journal: there were twice as many children on Mezaparks Stage than recommended by experts
- 04.08.2015Estonian milk producers demand financial support from Government to survive crisis
- 04.08.2015African swine fever detected in Lithuania again
- 03.08.2015Latvian Mego posts EUR 334,325 in losses in 2014
- 03.08.2015Latvijas Loto turns over almost EUR 22 mln in 2014
- 03.08.2015Lithuania's Apranga unaudited profit in H1 made EUR 4 mln
- 03.08.2015Only one municipality in Latvia has joined EU Commission's initiative on mitigating climate change
- 03.08.2015Klaipedos Nafta to invest EUR 40 mln in new infrastructure
- 03.08.2015In H1, Lithuanian Utenos Trikotazas incurs loss of EUR 393,000
- 03.08.2015No orphanages in Vilnius by 2020
- 03.08.2015Gasoline consumption falls below 20% in Latvia for the past several years
- 03.08.2015In 2013, enterprises in Lithuania employed 935,000
- 03.08.2015Samoilovs and Smedins win gold at European Beach Volleyball Championship
- 03.08.2015Ekspress Grupp earns 0.5 mln euros in Q2
- 03.08.2015EU Commission approved new swine flu zones restrictions
- 03.08.2015Latvian Competition Council fines several forestry companies EUR 70,003
- 03.08.2015Only five asylum seekers since 1998 have received Latvian citizenship