Good for Business
Good for Business
Attarat Power Company (APCO), which is partly owned by Estonian state-owned energy giant Eesti Energia, announced that following the comprehensive negotiations conducted since early 2014, it has signed a 30-year Power Purchase Agreement and other project agreements with the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to construct a 554 MW (gross) oil shale fired power generation capacity in Jordan, Eesti Energia informed the London Stock Exchange, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Energy, Estonia, Good for Business, Investments, Legislation
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania and the Bank of Lithuania inform that in II quarter 2014, foreign direct investment (FDI) in Lithuania and Lithuanian direct investment abroad decreased.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Estonian government approved on Thursday of a bill that declares the flight rules regulations enforced in Estonia invalid and instead, from December 4, 2014, EU common aviation rules will become valid, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Airport, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Ministry of Finance has prepared and is forwarding to the Government a draft of a law of the Republic of Lithuania pertaining to the approval of the financial indicators of the state budget and municipal budgets for 2015, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Lithuania, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Three hundred ninety-two new students will begin their studies at European Humanities University (EHU) in the fall 2014. Their numbers include 329 undergraduate and 63 graduate students, reported BC EHU communications manager Gintare Kavaliunaite-Amelyushkina.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The 10th "Riga Fashion Mood" Festival opened yesterday in the newly-refurbished "Riga" Concert Hall and will last till October 2, as Edgars Gertners, one of the representatives of the organizers of the festival, told LETA.
Keyword tags: Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 02.10.2014Lithuanian PM observes how Independence would navigate in Klaipeda port
- 01.10.2014Estonia concludes preliminary agreement on its biggest defence procurement ever
- 01.10.2014Estonian-Finnish LNG terminal project gets stalled
- 01.10.2014Lithuania's Apranga turnover decreased slightly in September
- 01.10.2014Study Best Employer 2014: importance of personnel management on the rise
- 01.10.2014Replicability key to Shanghai FTZ success
- 01.10.2014Lithuanian president strives to promote adoption
- 01.10.2014Sudraba's party in Latvia spent 99% election campaign spending limit
- 01.10.2014Usakovs: it’s easier to talk about practical matters in Moscow, than in Berlin or Washington
- 01.10.2014Lithuania's Achema resumes full capacity as of October
- 01.10.2014New Construction Law comes into force in Latvia
- 01.10.2014Minimum monthly wage grows from October in Lithuania
- 01.10.2014Belarus stops pedestrian traffic on borders
- 01.10.2014Trigon opens EU's biggest dairy farm in central Estonia
- 01.10.2014Estonian president discusses Europe's energy independence from Russia
- 01.10.2014Latvia will not appeal ECHR ruling on hacker Calovskis