Good for Business
Good for Business
Software created by the Estonian Ministry of Internal Affairs Information Technology and Development Centre (SMIT) enables scanning documents of train passengers directly to a data information system starting March 2015 on the Tallinn-St Petersburg-Tallinn train route, which means that the handwritten lists that were used for border control for 20 years are finally replaced with a digital system, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Good for Business, Railways, Technology, Transport
27.03.2015.Riga High Tech University collaborates with GSVlabs to accelerate Latvian startups in Silicon Valley
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
On 26 March 2015, the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) hosts a visit by Jens Gruetz, expert of the Statistical Office of the European Union (hereinafter – Eurostat). During the visit, the CSB experts will report on the progress achieved in the calculation of a new indicator – state accrued-to-date pension entitlements.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Pensioners
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Latvian State Television's (LTV) third channel in the Russian language will be created in cooperation with Estonia, and the cost of the project is similar to that of the Estonian channel. Work on the new channel's concept is continuing, and LTV will not comment on the cost of the project or the content of the channel until the concept is approved by the National Electronic Mass Media Council, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Telecomunications
27.03.2015.EcoMin: digital single market in Europe will give Latvian businessmen access to large market
27.03.2015.EU Commission opens infringement procedures against Lithuania on investor restrictions for agricultural land
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Estonian Finance Minister Maris Lauri met on Thursday in Tallinn with her French counterpart, Michel Sapin, to discuss supporting EU's economic growth and initiatives meant to combat tax evasion and the financing of terrorism, finance ministry announced LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The annual Latvian Literature Award's experts' committee has decided to present the Lifetime Achievement Award to poet, translator and publisher Leons Briedis for his contribution to Latvian poetry, fostering intellectual thought in Latvia, and for the works he has translated into Latvian, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, Education and Science, Forum, Latvia
12.03.2015.The Vatican hosted a Latvian Presidency seminar about the unique facsimile of the Terra Mariana album
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
Baltic States: Opinion
In order for banks to resume lending to the national economy, projects for which financing is requested need to be of better quality, believes Juris Bikis, Director of Latvijas Finieris and Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma's (Unity) advisor on economic matters, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Financial Services, Latvia, Loan, Markets and Companies
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The acceptance of entries to the VII International advertising festival White Square in Minsk will be completed on March 28! There are just 3 days left!
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum
- 27.03.2015SEB: economic growth in Baltics to continue despite geo-political factors
- 27.03.2015PM Butkevicius and Marcus Wallenberg discussed investment environment in Lithuania
- 27.03.2015Possibilities for further development of bilateral relations discussed by Lithuania and Kazakhstan
- 27.03.2015Parliament approves in principle president's proposal to amend Latvian political party system
- 27.03.2015Lithuania's Special Investigation Service cooperates with Poland's Central Anticorruption Bureau
- 26.03.2015Construction cost growth in Latvia in February – 0.1%
- 26.03.2015General government balance back in surplus in Estonia in 2014
- 26.03.2015Removing obstacles to a Digital Single Market
- 26.03.2015Saeima in Latvia approves in principle full-scale transition to electronic auctions
- 26.03.2015Belevics: by 2065, the average lifespan in Latvia should be 90 years
- 26.03.2015Latvian Reform Party to be liquidated
- 26.03.2015Latvian Saeima approves keeping 9% microenterprise tax in place
- 26.03.2015In January-February, cargo handling in the Baltic Eastern Coast Seaports increased by 3.2%
- 26.03.2015Lithuanian president submits law amendments on child care
- 26.03.2015Rostovskis elected as president of Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 26.03.2015Invitation to EU Commission’s projects for 2015-20