Good for Business
Good for Business
The Latvian airline airBaltic will launch a new summer charter flight between Riga and Rimini on June 5, 2016 for Tez Tour, informed BC Janis Vanags.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Saeima in Latvia today confirmed the government of Maris Kucinskis (Greens/Farmers), made up of the previous three coalition parties – the Union of Greens and Farmers, Unity, and National Alliance (All For Latvia-For Fatherland And Freedom/LNNK), informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Since October 2015, when Mobilly electronic payment system in Latvia started offering tickets not only to electric, but also diesel trains, sales via the mobile application have risen almost twice, said Mobilly CEO Girts Slavins. In January 2016, around 20,000 tickets were sold via Mobilly, growing fourfold from last January.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Railways, Technology, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Commission has proposed a one year extension to the entry into application of the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, or MiFID II.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Representatives of the Narva College of the University of Tartu and the Pskov State University of Russia are set to sign an operating program for this year at Narva College on February 11th that calls for the continuation of intense cooperation between the two universities, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Estonia, Legislation
Baltic States: Opinion
February 9 is the birthday of Alisher Navoi, the glorious son of the Uzbek people. This date is annually widely celebrated in all cities and regions of the country. In Tashkent, the poet’s admirers, as usual on this day, will gather at the foot of the majestic monument to Alisher Navoi, which is located in the National Park of Uzbekistan named after him, to pay tribute to the great ancestors.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Culture, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The annual Shadow Day events take place all over Latvia today, organized by Junior Achievement Latvia, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 11.02.2016Mayor: Hilton, Marriott, Accor hotels may be built in Vilnius
- 11.02.2016Lithuania’s DFDS mulls employing larger ferry to ship Russian trucks to Germany
- 11.02.2016Livonia chooses Estonia’s Ha Serv for its 1st investment in Baltic countries
- 11.02.2016Cheaper Swedish electricity reaches Lithuania
- 11.02.2016Truck queues build up at Lithuania’s borders with Belarus, Russia
- 10.02.2016Energy and climate combined in the EU policies
- 10.02.2016Estonian police: passenger carriage using Uber app still requires license
- 10.02.2016Registered unemployment in Estonia grows to 5% in January
- 10.02.2016Cargo turnover at Liepaja port in January rose by 8.6% y-o-y
- 10.02.2016Lithuanian LNG Terminal is stimulating competition
- 10.02.2016Renewables share of Baltic energy consumption above EU average in 2014
- 10.02.2016Ilmars Mezs: Europe cannot take in all refugees in the world
- 10.02.2016Achema contests LNG capacity charge
- 10.02.20161,597 new companies registered in Estonia in January
- 10.02.2016Ryanair celebrated 5 years at Tallinn Airport
- 10.02.2016EU's founding members back two-speed Europe