Good for Business
Good for Business
Investments in tangible fixed assets in Lithuania totaled 3.98 billion euros in the first nine months of the year 2015, a rise of 10% from the same period last year, preliminary data from Statistics Lithuanian showed on Wednesday, cites LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In 2014, records of pollutants emitted into the atmosphere in Lithuania were kept by 562 enterprises25.11.2015.
Statistics Lithuania informs that an annual publication Natural Resources and Environmental Protection 2014 has been released. The statistical publication Natural Resources and Environmental Protection provides statistical information on natural resources and their use, the state and protection of the environment.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Ecology, Energy, Investments, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
25.11.2015.Latvian MFA: shooting down of Russian warplane over Turkey will escalate tensions between NATO and Russia
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
According to the credit information company Krediidiinfo AS the sum of Estonian companies' losses in 2014 increased by 34% to 1.3 billion euros, and the most fell the profit of the accommodation and food sector, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Markets and Companies
25.11.2015.PM: Lithuania seeks to speed up issue of authorization for dairy product exports to China
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Eurogroup agrees with the European Commission’s assessment that Lithuania’s budget deficit may be larger than forecast next year. At the same time, it points out to certain uncertainties surrounding the evaluation of cyclical developments, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Budget, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Lithuania, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Estonian schools have a smaller average class size than schools in any other member state of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), a fresh OECD study the findings of which were published on Tuesday shows, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
A decline in fuel and cigarette smuggling is Lithuania's success story of the year 2015, Nerijus Maciulis, Swedbank's chief economist, said on November 10th, cites LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Financial Services, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Shadow economy, Transport
07.10.2015.Barbara Stöttinger: innovative studying environment and programs’ variety is WU Vienna's success
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
A regular session of the Uzbek-Latvian intergovernmental commission on economic, industrial and scientific-technical cooperation was held at the International Business Centre in Tashkent on 12 November 2015.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Economics, Forum, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
29.10.2015.Kalnina-Lukasevica presents Latvia’s experience at the Open Government Partnership Summit
- 25.11.2015EC clears acquisition of joint control over Kaunas CHP plant by Lietuvos Energija, Fortum
- 25.11.2015Litgas, Statoil enter home stretch in establishing JV
- 24.11.2015Estonian prosecutors declare 2 Poles suspects in Port of Tallinn corruption probe
- 24.11.2015Latvijas Piens still owes EUR 3 million to Trikata KS milk cooperative
- 24.11.2015Lithuania’s EnMin: more companies interested in small-scale LNG trade
- 24.11.2015Agreement for 442 mln euro grant for Rail Baltica signed in Tallinn
- 24.11.2015Latvian Saeima committee decides to keep micro-enterprise tax unchanged in 2016
- 24.11.2015No signs of fraud found re Eesti Energia's and Werol CHP plant deal
- 24.11.201517th Baltic Development Forum Summit discusses regional problems
- 24.11.2015PM calls on Chinese entrepreneurs to invest in airBaltic
- 24.11.2015Estonian seamen's union to turn to public conciliator over Transiidikeskus
- 24.11.2015Ashna Rahman: Nord Stream 2 is expensive project Europe doesn't need
- 24.11.2015Estonian PM discusses economic cooperation with Chinese counterpart
- 24.11.2015Entrepreneurial activity drops in Estonia t0 15% in 3 years
- 24.11.2015Renovation of the housing stock in Latvia is one of the top priorities
- 24.11.2015Chinese company will invest in CHP plant in Kaunas