Good for Business
Good for Business
The airline Air Lituanica adds Billund to its schedule of regular flights. The flights to the town of Denmark launched during the summer season will remain on the schedule twice a week, reported BC at Commercial Officer of company.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on provisional data, in June 2014, the turnover (VAT excluded) of retail trade enterprises amounted to LTL 2508.7 million (EUR 726.6 million); against May, it decreased by 3 %at constant prices (seasonally adjusted - decreased by 0.4%), informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Lithuania
28.07.2014.Prosecutor general upholds Constitutional Protection Bureau's decision to ban Broka from access to classified information
28.07.2014.In June turnover of wholesale, retail trade of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania on decrease
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Riga municipal public transportation company ''Rigas satiksme Ltd.'' operated with EUR 677,000 in losses last year, which was substantially less than in 2012, when the company operated with EUR 7.8 million in losses, informs LETA reffering to the company's annual financial report.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
SIA Linas Agro, a subsidiary of AB Linas Agro Group, has refinanced its existing liabilities and attracted new capital to develop its business in Latvia. The credit line for working capital in the amount of 30 million euros has been granted by SEB and DNB banks in Latvia within the scope of the club loan with SEB Banka being the leading bank of the transaction. The funding is secured in equal parts - 15 million euros by each bank, says the company in a statement, informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Good for Business, Latvia, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
22.07.2014.Two Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs employees suspected of corruption in Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The pocket-sized reference book provides information about the economic indicators of Estonian agriculture, agricultural land use, the area and yield of field crops and fruit and berry plantations, the number and production of livestock, and the use of mineral and organic fertilisers. Comparisons with previous years ensure a thorough overview of the development of Estonian agriculture. The information is presented as tables and diagrams.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Book review, Economics, Estonia
Baltic States: Opinion
Poland-based company PKN Orlen is not going to close down its concern ORLEN Lietuva, says Lithuania's Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius, informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
III international conference Baltic Sea Freight Market and Ports will take place at 22-23rd of September 2014, Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, Latvia.
Keyword tags: Forum
22.07.2014.The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference
- 28.07.2014Latvias banking sector's profit at EUR 176.8 million in H1
- 28.07.2014airBaltic to Improve Service in Tallinn and Vilnius
- 28.07.2014Ryanair Q1 profits increase of 152%
- 25.07.2014Estonian government supports additional sanctions against Russia
- 25.07.2014The use of internet banking and ATMs in Estonia has increased
- 25.07.2014"Aldaris" reduces losses by 33%
- 25.07.2014Net sales of AS Tallinna Vesi increased, operating profit remains stable
- 25.07.2014Financial support for the European SMEs: first round announced
- 25.07.2014Norway registers highest HDI; Latvia 48th - United Nations
- 25.07.2014Mark Pekala highly values U.S.-Latvia dialogue in all areas of cooperation
- 25.07.2014Investors interested in cogeneration power plant projects - Lithuanian Co Lietuvos Energija
- 25.07.2014Rozentale ready to assume Latvias health minister's post
- 25.07.2014Russian-Latvian relations becoming more complicated - Veshnyakov
- 25.07.2014"Pasazieru vilciens" yet to decide whether to buy or lease new trains
- 25.07.2014Lithuanian parlt adopted over 300 legislative acts in spring session
- 25.07.2014About 100 explosive objects found in garage on Sadovnikova Street