Good for Business
Good for Business
According to information in the company's annual report, Latvian IT company "Tilde" in 2013 earned EUR 258,757, which is 2.94 times more than in 2012, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The Commission has composed civil-dialogue groups to assist DG AGRI in its work with matters concerning EU Common Agricultural Policy. Civil dialogue groups provide an important forum for consultation, providing high-level input from a wide range of sources and stakeholders in the form of opinions, recommendations and reports.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Electricity consumption increased by three percent in June in Estonia as compared to the year-ago period, to 560 GWh while production, which had been in recession for a longer time, rose by as much as 14 percent to 935 GWh, Postimees Online cites Elering, reports LETA.
22.07.2014.Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma urges people not to transport meat outside territories hit by African swine fever
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Security Police have discovered a possible case of corruption at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs that deals with illegal issuing of residence permits, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Corruption, Financial Services, Latvia, Real Estate
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Commission for long has been active in “digitalizing” European socio-economic spheres. Now it is the turn for greater openness. Numerous EU institutions urge the member states to open for greater public both the results of scientific research and work of public administration. There will soon be €80 million available for that openness under the EU’s new FI-WARE initiative.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
On June 17th, a document was tabled at the Dutch Parliament requiring a formal investigation of the 2009 sale of Parex Bank stock from the Latvian government to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), specifically including the allegation that the sale was made reversible with an undisclosed “put option.”
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
07.05.2014.Ombudsman introduces international partners with situation of national minorities education in Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference22.07.2014.
On October 27-28, 2014, the 13th Energy Investment and Regulation Conference organised by the Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA) will take place in the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku. The Regulator as the authority responsible for regulation of the energy sector will represent Latvia providing up-to-date information about the energy sector in Latvia, reported office of Regulator in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Energy, Forum, Latvia
- 21.07.2014"AirDog" raises USD 1 million; will be provided with new feature
- 21.07.2014Japan Business Federation visits the Freeport of Riga
- 21.07.2014Insufficient number of containers in Latvia hit by African swine fever
- 21.07.2014Pharmacists in Lithuania may be allowed to engage in prevention of diseases
- 21.07.2014In June producer prices in Latvian industry grew by 0.6%
- 21.07.2014Over the last six months demographic indicators in Latvia have been improving
- 21.07.2014The producer price index of Estonian industrial output decreased in June
- 21.07.2014Estonia gains a position in the global top list of innovative states
- 21.07.2014Estonian police registers 28% more drug-related crimes in H1
- 18.07.2014In 2013, household consumption expenditure in Latvia has grown by 6.7%
- 18.07.2014Integration proceeds smoothly among the EU member states
- 18.07.2014Ryanair carries 15 mln passengers on Baltic flights
- 18.07.2014Lattelecom turnover and profit increase in H1
- 18.07.2014Lithuanian energy minister met with European Commissioner Stefan Fule
- 18.07.2014Estonia to adopt new digital document format in 2015
- 18.07.2014There is no middle class in Lithuania