Good for Business
Good for Business
Almost a half of Lithuania-based German companies say they are planning to increase investment and the number of employees in 2014, while 9 from 10 German investors would chose Lithuania once again, a poll carried out by German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania has revealed, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Employment, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Estonian Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas said on Thursday at a meeting with Nordic Council of Ministers secretary general Dagfinn Høybråten that the Nordic and Baltic states should accelerate cooperation for creating energy and transport connections that would reduce dependency on Russia, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Energy, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Legislation
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvia's top football club Riga Skonto has repaid its debt to the Latvian Football League (LFF) and will be permitted to remain in the competition, LFF spokesman Emils Latkovskis confirmed to LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The total amount of budget revenue administered by the State Revenue Service in Latvia was at 99.3% of the projected figure in the first quarter of the year 2014, as the Revenue Service's Director General Inara Petersone told a press conference today, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Tallinn Technical University and Estonian Maritime Academy signed on Wednesday a merger agreement; according to plans, an Estonian maritime vocational school will be founded in the coming years, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, Legislation, Mergers and take-overs, Transport
Baltic States: Opinion
Society is facing a transformative period of its existence. And this evolution of society is influenced to a significant degree by globalization, interconnection and interdependence. Information and knowledge can play a crucial role in this dynamic process, especially when they are used as tools for misinformation and manipulation. Information wars have become tools of war to control the minds and the opinions of people. And often the information and manipulation overload is so big that it is virtually impossible to find balanced information that is committed to truth and impartiality.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
The public discussion on the future of Russia-West relations to take place in Riga on April 29th.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Russia
- 24.04.2014In 2013, general government budget deficit in Latvia dropped to 1% of GDP
- 24.04.2014New Construction Law in Latvia to take effect in October
- 24.04.2014ORLEN Lietuva continues to experience macroeconomic pressures in Q1
- 24.04.2014Lithuania's FinMin: proposal to establish equal minimum wage in all EU is unrealistic
- 24.04.2014Average price for square meter of block apartments in Riga increased 3.7% in March y-o-y
- 24.04.2014Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund reserves reached 529.1 mln euros in 2012
- 24.04.2014Mayor Usakovs plans to join "Critical Mass" cycling ride
- 24.04.2014Lithuanian PM: negotiations over Amber Grid shares to be over next week
- 24.04.2014Lietuvos gelezinkeliai: Lithuanian rail market is open
- 24.04.2014Saeima's Chancellery Director Steins to be released
- 23.04.2014In March, producer prices in Latvian industry dropped by 0.2%
- 23.04.2014Estonia's budget deficit in 2013 was the lowest in EU
- 23.04.2014In April, activity in eurozone private sector reaches highest peak in last 35 months
- 23.04.2014Lithuania's PM: agreement on Rail Baltica route to be reached by July
- 23.04.2014Half Latvia's EU Parliament candidates "exposed to risk of corruption"
- 23.04.2014Smartphones form two thirds of sold mobile phones in Estonia in March