Good for Business
Good for Business
The joint-stock Latvian lingerie and undergarment producer Lauma Lingerie has opened its first franchise store in Africa, the company informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Textile
27.11.2014."Vincents", "Biblioteka No.1", "Tam labam bus augt!" top three restaurants in Latvia in 2014
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on more comprehensive business, tax and price statistics, in III quarter 2014, GDP at current prices amounted to LTL 33 681 million (EUR 9 754.6 million). Compared to the same period of 2013, seasonally and working day adjusted, real GDP growth stood at 2.6%, compared to II quarter 2014 – at 0.5%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, GDP, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Tallinn City Council decided to restrict the sale of strong alcoholic beverages in small shops and forbid selling alcohol near childcare institutions, which means that 124 small stores in Estonia's capital city will lose the right to sell booze in summer 2015, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Alcohol, Estonia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Invalda LT is one of the major companies in Lithuania investing in other businesses and managing assets. Company's net asset value was LTL 161 million (EUR 46.6 million) or LTL 13.57 (EUR 3.93) per share at the end of September 2014, reported LETA/ELTA the company.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Investments, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
In an interview on LNT this morning, University of Latvia Rector Marcis Auzins said that new Education and Science Minister Marite Seile's biggest challenges will be ensuring political support for her priorities, as well as improving the work of weak ministry officials, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
30.10.2014.Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
As retaliation for blacklisting Russian political Konstantin Simonov, Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientists or official from Latvia in a tit-for-tat move, political observer Karlis Dauksts told LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
25.11.2014.U.S. analyst points to Nuland's statement that "Americans are prepared to die for Latvia"
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Propaganda from the Kremlin creates a parallel reality, Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves said in the opening panel of the Halifax International Security Forum where he spoke about the threats that the crisis in Ukraine and Russia's aggression pose for the values common to liberal democracy, such as free elections, a state based on the rule of law and human rights, reported BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Forum, Legislation, Security, Technology, USA
- 28.11.2014Latvian Prosecutor presses charges against Flick
- 28.11.201438 Lithuanian travel agencies warned over equity capital size
- 28.11.2014Latvijas Gaze sees 7.2% drop in profits in 9 months
- 27.11.2014Lithuania will not bid for E.ON stake in Latvijas Gaze
- 27.11.2014Journalist Edward Lucas will become the first Estonian e-resident
- 27.11.2014Estonian government approves of tax information exchange bill with USA
- 27.11.2014Klaipedos Nafta gets LNG regasification licence
- 27.11.2014Linava gives new explanation over problems at Russian border
- 27.11.2014Latvian president: my visit to Georgia should strengthen economic relations
- 27.11.2014Latvian grain farmers expect EUR 220 mln losses in 2014
- 27.11.2014Zolitude tragedy and Citadele sale parliamentary investigative commissions' makeup confirmed
- 27.11.2014Russian blockade of Lithuanian goods could cost up to 4% GDP
- 27.11.2014Dalai Lama's visit to Estonia closed Chinese market to Estonian milk
- 27.11.2014Estonian smoke sauna custom included in UNESCO intangible cultural heritage list
- 27.11.2014Rinkevics: Georgia is an EU Eastern Partnership leader
- 27.11.2014Alita records profit, Anyksciu Vynas posts loss in 9 months