Good for Business
Good for Business
According to the information on freight transport compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau, in 2014 the total volume of freights carried in main transport sectors has grown by 2.5% as compared to 2013 in Latvia.
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Slovak Republic is a member of the EU, Eurozone, Schengen area, NATO etc. and has common borders with Poland and Ukraine.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Riga shipyard Rigas kugu buvetava (RKB) concluded 2014 with gross profit in the amount of EUR 65,244; but net losses in 2014 totaled EUR 1,087,879, according to the company's financial report submitted to the "Nasdaq" Riga Stock Exchange, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Latvia, Transport
02.03.2015.Majority foreign shareholders of companies listed on Tallinn Stock Exchange prefer to stay hidden
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Minister of Finance in Estonia Maris Lauri assured to Director General of the Tax and Customs Board on Monday that she would like him to continue in his current position, and consequently Helm agreed to retract his resignation notice, writes Äripäev.ee/LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation, Taxation
27.02.2015.Trasta komercbanka concludes the year 2014 with EUR 9.79 losses due to situation in Ukraine
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Do you want to become an engineer, an architect, a journalist, a doctor, a beauty specialist or pursue a different career, but you still haven’t decided where to study? Then you really need to come to the fair “Skola 2015” (“School 2015”), which will take place from 27 February to 1 March at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre in Riga where, in an active and creative environment, you will be offered diverse information on study opportunities in Latvia and abroad and will be assisted in choosing the most appropriate path of education.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
10.02.2015.Latvian schools might introduce media and information lessons to counter Russia's propaganda
Baltic States: Opinion
Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment26.02.2015.
Today, in Brussels, Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma, in addressing the Centre for European Policy Studies at the conference "More or Less Europe”, highlighted the key aspects driving current economic, security and geopolitical challenges, reports BC press secretary to the Prime Minister Aiva Rozenberga.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Society
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
An international conference entitled “Post-2015 and Beijing+20: Women’s Economic Empowerment and Sustainable Development – the Synthesis for Success” takes place in the National Library of Latvia on 2 March, reports the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Women leaders
24.02.2015.Disciplinary case initiated against six Latvian Economy Ministry officials over "Expo 2015" failure
16.02.2015.Advertising and marketing Festival White Square 2015 in Minsk announced the full jury cast
- 02.03.2015Finance Ministry of Latvia reduces economic growth forecast for 2015 to 2.1%
- 02.03.2015Preliminary results: SocDems lead in Lithuania's municipal, mayoral elections
- 02.03.2015Latvenergo’s profits decreased by 35.6% in 2014
- 01.03.2015Brivais vilnis saw reduction in both profits and turnover in 2014
- 27.02.2015In 2014, gross domestic product rose by 2.4% in Latvia
- 27.02.2015Construction cost growth in Latvia in January – 0.3%
- 27.02.2015Construction volumes decreased in Estonia in 2014
- 27.02.2015In January, producer price index of industrial output in Estonia decreased by 2.2%
- 27.02.2015Tallink sells Regina Baltica and Silja Festival
- 27.02.2015635 strikes took place in Lithuania in 15 years
- 27.02.2015Ekspress Grupp reports 30% increase in profit for 2014
- 27.02.2015Tallink and Meyer Turku signed contract for new generation LNG powered fast ferry
- 27.02.2015Estonian Baltika posts a 1.26 mln euro loss in 2014
- 27.02.2015Substantial reduction in cargo turnover not expected in Latvia in 2015
- 27.02.2015Grigiskes Group increases profit by 72.8% in 2014
- 27.02.2015In January, 10 member states had minimum wages below EUR 500