Good for Business
Good for Business
47,867 tourists visited the Latvian coastal resort city of Jurmala in 2013, 25,111 tourists or 20.5% more than in 2012, according to the Central Statistical Bureau's data on Jurmala accommodation establishments, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Tourism
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on non-final data obtained from customs declarations, Intrastat reporting and VAT returns data, exports in January 2014 amounted to LTL 5.9 billion, imports – LTL 6.4 billion. Exports of goods of Lithuanian origin amounted to LTL 3.5 billion. The foreign trade deficit of Lithuania amounted to LTL 0.5 billion.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic Export, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Foreign trade , Lithuania
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
National Electronic Mass Media Council's Public Consultative Council is urging Latvian authorities to halt the airing of Russian government-controlled TV broadcasts in Latvia, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Russia
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
This spring, the Bank of Lithuania will train about 600 cash handlers at distribution businesses and postal companies to recognize the future currency's euro banknotes and coins, the national bank of Lithuania said in a statement, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Government of Lithuania has approved state funding for more than 4,600 graduate and 500 postgraduate students for 2014. State funding for postgraduate studies is projected to grow by one tenth, with particular focus on biomedical, physical and technological sciences, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Funds, Legislation, Lithuania
25.02.2014.Latvian Audit Office: Ministry may be violating the law in planning earmarked subsidies for teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin met with media representatives to answer a number of their questions, in particular with regard to the situation in Ukraine, informs kremlin.ru.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
In 2014, the 6th International Advertising and Marketing Festival “White Square” will be held in Minsk on April 24-26. For the six years of its operation "White Square" has become a leading business forum on the exchange of international best practice in the field of marketing and advertising in our country.
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Forum, Markets and Companies
03.03.2014.The CEO of «Russian Fuel and Energy Complex in the XXI Century» Forum informed about the main theme
- 10.03.2014Japanese PM and Estonian President discuss cooperation in IT and security
- 10.03.2014Obama discusses situation in Ukraine with European, including Baltic, leaders
- 10.03.2014Modern GPS/GSM systems installed in Lithuania's environmental protection vehicles
- 10.03.2014Eesti Pank: cheaper energy pulled inflation down to its lowest level in 4 years
- 10.03.2014Lithuanian Regitra to use Interpol databases
- 10.03.2014Latvia and Lithuania have almost the highest shares of women in science
- 10.03.2014Street lighting in Vilnius to be improved
- 09.03.2014Vilnius gives Ukraine mobile medical clinic as a present
- 08.03.2014Approximately 80 people gather for rally against Russian propaganda in Riga
- 07.03.2014In February, annual inflation in Estonia made 0.6%
- 07.03.20143.3 mln tons cargo were handled at Klaipeda Port and Butinge Terminal in January-February
- 07.03.2014Share of women in Latvian business continues to increase
- 07.03.2014Lithuania's Court announces verdict on compensation of pensions
- 07.03.2014Lithuanian Court upholds decision of Vilnius Court on Anyksciu Vynas
- 07.03.2014Ambulance’s deputy director for leaking information about those killed in Riga supermarket tragedy fired
- 07.03.2014In 2020, 85% Lithuanian population is expected to use internet