Good for Business
Good for Business
The summer flight season will start on Sunday, 26 March, and this year 89 destinations will be available to passengers travelling from Riga International Airport, the airport`s representative informed BC.
Keyword tags: Airport, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
The European Court of Justice has dismissed the action Estonia filed in the spring of 2015 to get back from the European Union the 34.3 mln euros that Estonia paid as penalty for excessive stocks of sugar, reports LETA/BNS,
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
During the first two months of this year Riga International Coach Terminal saw the number of passengers drop 7.6% from the same period a year ago to 232,421 people, LETA was told at the terminal.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Danske Bank has begun searching for a buyer for its retail banking business in Estonia in the wake of revelations that its Estonian bank was used in a scheme to secretly channel billions of dollars out of Russia, according from a report published by the Danish business newspaper Borsen writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, EU – CIS, Financial Services, Markets and Companies
20.03.2017.SEB Lizings leasing company finances 72,000 purchases worth EUR 2 bln during its 20 years in business
17.03.2017.Enlistment of state transport and communication firms on bourse may be considered in few yrs
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Estonia is planning to become a member of the European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN), Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology Urve Palo said LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
Latest projection of the Bank of Lithuania: Given economic acceleration and average wage will rise more than prices21.03.2017.
Having assessed the gradual pick-up in domestic economic activity and the improving situation of Lithuanian manufacturers in relevant foreign markets, the Bank of Lithuania projects that this year the economy will expand by 2.6%, while its growth rate next year will reach 2.8%. Wage growth, estimated to stand at 6.1% in 2017 and 5.7% in 2018, will outstrip the rising inflation rates. Such projections for economic and wage growth are higher than expected and announced at the end of last year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Wages
10.03.2017.Rapid growth in exports in Estonia led to a record surplus on the current account in 2016
10.03.2017.Lithuania and Finland: shoulder to shoulder in ensuring security for themselves and the whole region
Managing urban areas has been always one of the most important development challenges for city planners. During last decades, cities have been developed in a strictly “human & sustainable” way: everything for city’s dwellers! However, nowadays it’s easy to evaluate the “optimal city” –its development has to be in line with the sustainability concept adopted by the UN and in effect from January 2016.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Real Estate, Round Table
The performance of the stars of American Ballet in Riga, organised with the support of the Rietumu Bank and Rietumu Charity Fund, was a great success. During two parts of the concert, both classical dance and modern choreography were presented. The concert was held at the sold-out notice. The artists were repeatedly encored.
20.03.2017.RB Rail AS Announces the Rail Baltica Project's Major Event of This Year – the Rail Baltica Global Forum 2017
- 23.03.2017Bank of Latvia raises 2017 inflation forecast to 2.7%
- 23.03.2017The value of wood: impacts on the environment and sustainability
- 23.03.2017Baltic Horizon Fund acquired office building in Vilnius
- 23.03.2017Latvia reporting biggest drop in new commercial vehicle registration for January-February
- 23.03.2017Lithuania to seek money through bailiffs as Gazprom fails to pay EUR 36 mln fine
- 22.03.2017Danish architects’ design selected for reconstruction of Riga central multimodal transporation hub
- 22.03.2017Finnish business giant has chosen Vilnius
- 22.03.2017Lithuania equates foreigners' professional experience with high qualifications
- 22.03.2017Increase recorded in output of livestock products in Latvia
- 22.03.2017Eesti Gaas getting LNG also from Poland
- 22.03.2017At least four large-scale international military exercises to take place in Latvia this year
- 22.03.2017Lithuania's Orlen Lietuva to load products to tank vehicles in Klaipeda
- 22.03.2017Lithuania`s Hidrostatyba and Latvia`s BMGS to reconstruct VLG shipyard's embankments
- 22.03.2017airBaltic boasts 17% growth of passengers in February
- 22.03.2017Lithuania's Steponkus clearing reputation of Moldovan bank amid launering charges
- 22.03.2017Capital of Latvia's private pension funds grows 2.1% in January-February