Good for Business
Good for Business
After 25 years of the renewed independence, a pivotal even took place in Latvian developmental history - first economic forum with the main idea of defining national economic identity and Latvian role in the EU and the world. The forum has laid down the first bricks in the new narrative, i.e. Latvian political economy.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Good for Business, Latvia, Modern EU
27.04.2017.Saeima approves Latvian citizenship to the world famous ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Hourly labour costs ranged from €4.4 to €42.0 across the EU member states in 2016. The lowest labour costs are in Bulgaria and Romania, while the highest are in Denmark and Belgium. Within the euro area, the largest increases were recorded in the Baltic States: Lithuania (+7.5%), Latvia (+6.4%) and Estonia (+5.6%).
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Labour-market, Modern EU, Wages
27.04.2017.Maizitis believes Russian intelligence services will attempt to meddle in local government elections
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Invitation to companies to bid for the provision of consultancy services for Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in London19.05.2017.
Keyword tags: Investments, Markets and Companies
26.04.2017.The new German platform specialises in attracting professionals and skilled workers from around the world
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Shareholders of Reverta (formerly Parex Bank) distressed asset manager will meet on May 29 to decide on a termination of the company’s operations, Reverta said in a statement to Nasdaq Riga.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
27.04.2017.Latvia's Citadele Bank and Visa to cooperate in creation of innovative bank cards in Baltics
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Vilnius-based European Humanities University (EHU), whose students are mostly from Belarus, has completed its search for a new rector after without signing a contract with a finalist, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Belarus, Education and Science, Lithuania
10.04.2017.Hundreds of students and dozens of teachers protest against longer academic year in Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
The alignment of growth in labour productivity and in wages improved in the second half of 2016 as growth accelerated in productivity and slowed a little in wages. Whether companies can improve their profitability as foreign demand recovers will depend on whether labour productivity grows further. People changed jobs more last year than they did the year before. Simultaneous increases in the number of vacancies and in unemployment indicate however that there is a worse match between labour and jobs.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Economics, Estonia, Financial Services, Labour-market, Wages
21.04.2017.Global and Lithuania’s economic development accelerating, but growth impact not to be felt by everyone due to income inequality
20.04.2017.Bank of Estonia:Financial stability in Estonia could be threatened by rising prices and increasing transaction activity in the real estate market
Managing urban areas has been always one of the most important development challenges for city planners. During last decades, cities have been developed in a strictly “human & sustainable” way: everything for city’s dwellers! However, nowadays it’s easy to evaluate the “optimal city” –its development has to be in line with the sustainability concept adopted by the UN and in effect from January 2016.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Investments, Latvia, Real Estate, Round Table
The biggest auction of art objects and antiquities in Latvia , which is held every spring by the Artembassy auction house in cooperation with Rietumu Bank, will be held on 29 th of April.
Keyword tags: Banks, Culture, Financial Services, Latvia
25.04.2017.More than 200 companies from 18 countries attending “Industry Suppliers' Day” of “Rail Baltica Global Forum 2017”
24.04.2017.Rail Baltica Global Forum 2017, a two-day international event devoted to the Rail Baltica project takes place in Riga
18.04.2017.White Square: join the program of the creative event that everyone is looking forward to!
- 26.04.2017Estonia ranks 12th in Reporters Without Borders press freedom index
- 26.04.2017Cross-border trade in natgas between Baltics to become simpler
- 26.04.2017airBaltic recognized as third most punctual airline in the world
- 26.04.2017LSC Shipmanagement adds to the fleet its biggest tanker – Elandra Eagle
- 25.04.2017Lithuania's Litgrid to pay EUR 18.2 mln in dividend
- 25.04.2017Latvia signs declaration about Nordic-Baltic region as a digital frontrunner
- 25.04.2017Estonian transit businesses ready to search for solutions in collaboration with govt
- 25.04.2017Rigas Kugu Buvetava shipyard posts EUR 169,000 in audited 2016 profit; auditor corrects result
- 25.04.2017Share of alcohol bought by Estonian residents in Latvia hits 10%
- 25.04.2017Lithuania's Eurocash1 set to buy Citedele's cash logistics firm in Latvia
- 25.04.2017Average milk purchase price in Latvia drops 1.7% in March
- 25.04.2017Swedbank Lithuania lifts Q1 net profit 33%
- 25.04.2017Lattelecom earnings - 44.6 mln euros in Q1 2017
- 24.04.2017Nord Stream 2 AG and European energy companies sign financing agreements
- 24.04.2017Organic products’ check through a new EU digital system
- 24.04.2017Latvia so far has granted asylum to almost 200 relocated persons