Good for Business
Good for Business
The European Commission selected a total of 106 projects that will benefit from over €320 million in EU support for improving transport infrastructure across Europe. The funding will support projects announced by the Commission in 2013 and is effective through “Trans-European transport network (TEN-T) Program”; since January 2014 – the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA).
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data of Central Statistical Bureau show that, compared to May, the total retail trade turnover in June 2014 dropped by 0.4%, according to seasonally adjusted data at constant prices. Retail trade in food products reduced by 1.8%, whereas of non-food products - rose by 0.4%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Latvia
29.07.2014.Urmas Paet: The main objective is to stop violence and Russia's interference in Ukraine's affairs
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The statistics of driver's licence exams shows that nearly half of the people who want to get a driver's licence in Estonia do not pass the exam in the first attempt and several have to take several exams,reports LETA reffering to Postimees Online.
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Nathan Deal, the Governor of the U.S. State of Georgia, announced today that the Latvian joint-stock fiberglass company "Valmieras stikla skiedra" had chosen Dublin, a town in Laurens County, as the base for its production facility in the United State. The facility will create 150 new jobs and around USD 20 million will be invested in its development over the next five years, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA reffering to "Valmieras stikla skiedra".
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Good for Business, Investments, Latvia
22.07.2014.Two Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs employees suspected of corruption in Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The pocket-sized reference book provides information about the economic indicators of Estonian agriculture, agricultural land use, the area and yield of field crops and fruit and berry plantations, the number and production of livestock, and the use of mineral and organic fertilisers. Comparisons with previous years ensure a thorough overview of the development of Estonian agriculture. The information is presented as tables and diagrams.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Book review, Economics, Estonia
Baltic States: Opinion
Estonian Foreign Minister Urmas Paet expressed deep concern that Dutch and Australian experts are still unable to get to the Malaysian aircraft accident site in Eastern Ukraine to do their work, since battle activity goes on in the vicinity, informs LETA reffering to Postimees Online.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Transport
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
III international conference Baltic Sea Freight Market and Ports will take place at 22-23rd of September 2014, Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, Latvia.
Keyword tags: Forum
22.07.2014.The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference
- 29.07.2014Global Finance names SEB internet bank best in Latvia
- 29.07.2014Consolidated revenue of Lithuanian Co BAIP group up by 41 % in Q2
- 29.07.2014Estonian casino operator OEG profit grew in H1
- 29.07.2014The half-year profit of Port of Tallinn increased by 16% to 20.2 million euros
- 29.07.2014''Tukuma piens'' increased profits by 47% last year
- 28.07.2014Latvias banking sector's profit at EUR 176.8 million in H1
- 28.07.2014airBaltic to Improve Service in Tallinn and Vilnius
- 28.07.2014Ryanair Q1 profits increase of 152%
- 28.07.2014Prosecutor general upholds Constitutional Protection Bureau's decision to ban Broka from access to classified information
- 28.07.2014In June turnover of wholesale, retail trade of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania on decrease
- 26.07.201496 voting stations to operate abroad during Latvian 12th Saeima elections
- 25.07.2014Small increase in number of tourists visiting Latvia observed in Q1
- 25.07.2014Lithuania considers declaring nationwide state of emergency due to African swine fever
- 25.07.2014Estonian government supports additional sanctions against Russia
- 25.07.2014The use of internet banking and ATMs in Estonia has increased
- 25.07.2014"Aldaris" reduces losses by 33%