Good for Business
Good for Business
The total consolidated revenue of Agrowill Group, AB for the six months of 2014 was LTL 41.891 million (EUR 12.132 million). For the six months of 2013 the total consolidated revenue of Agrowill Group, AB was LTL 18.618 million (EUR 5.262 million), reported LETA/ELTA the company.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Good for Business, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
02.09.2014.Mobile passport workstation from Latvia successfully operated in Australia and New Zealand
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia show that, in 2013 renewable energy sources (RES) in Latvia comprised 68 gigajoules. In comparison with 2012 RES consumption fell by 2.5%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Energy, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
It will be impossible for creditors to retrieve the entire amount of money they lent to the now-defunct Liepajas metalurgs, President Andris Berzins told Latvian State Television this morning, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Metals Market
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Commission on Tax Disputes in Lithuania ruled in favour of the State Tax Inspectorate which found that bank SEB owes the budget a substantial amount in unpaid taxes. However, the bank may appeal to court, reports LETA/ELTA, referring to Vakaro zinios.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
According to the head of Lithuanian Government, it is absolutely impossible to increase teacher's salaries already in 2014, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Education and Science, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
18.08.2014.Union leader: Latvian parties running in election "have heard the grievances from educators"
Baltic States: Opinion
Ukraine will never reconcile with the loss of Crimea. Valery Zhovtenko, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to Lithuania, said in the exclusive interview to ELTA news agency that only negotiation measures will be used to solve the issue of Crimea, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Ukraine
06.08.2014.Edgars Rinkevics:Including Donetsk and Luhansk ''republics'' on terrorist list would be a very strong signal
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
To honour the outstanding Swedish diplomat Dag Hammarskjöld and to highlight his humanitarian achievement and his fate, on September 18th the Swedish embassy in Riga, Publishing house Zvaigzne ABC and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga are hosting an international conference “Roadmarks. The longest journey is the journey inwards”, (SSE Riga, Soros Auditorium), reports Zvaigzne ABC.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
- 01.09.2014Ukrainian Embassy in Lithuania publishes facts proving deep Russia's involvement in eastern Ukraine
- 01.09.2014Riga Shipyard's first half year’s turnover – 6.9 mln, losses – 1.3 mln
- 01.09.2014Snaige turnover made EUR 21.5 mln in H1
- 01.09.2014Negotiations between health care professionals and hospitals in Estonia without progress
- 01.09.2014China and Central-Eastern Europe seek more potentials on cooperation
- 01.09.2014In Q2, GDP in Lithuania grew by 3.1%
- 01.09.2014First "AirDog" drones expected already in November
- 01.09.2014Buffer zone against African swine fever virus in Estonia to be expanded
- 01.09.2014FinMin downgraded Estonia’s economic growth outlook for 2014-2015
- 01.09.2014Krievu Island infrastructure development project in Riga will be completed on time
- 01.09.2014Lithuanian president met with Ukrainian leader
- 01.09.2014Utenos Trikotazas earned EUR 0.4 mln in profit in H1
- 01.09.2014Klaipedos Nafta net profit reduced to EUR 3.7 mln in H1
- 01.09.2014Vilkyskiu Pienine sales revenue amounted to EUR 56 mln in H1
- 01.09.2014Half-year net profit of Ventspils nafta – EUR 4.35 mln
- 01.09.2014EU gives Russia new sanctions ultimatum