Good for Business
Good for Business
Pursuant to preliminary data as of the 3th of February 2016 the cargo handling turnover in Klaipeda Seaport in January of 2016 increased by 5.1% or by 153,3 thou. tn to 3,16 mln tn comparing with January of 2015, reports BC port’s press service.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Lithuania, Port, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in January 2016, the change of the consumer price index was –0.1% compared to December 2015 and –0.6% compared to January of the previous year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Inflation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Lietuvos Duju Tiekimas (LDT), a leading natural gas supply company which is part of the Lietuvos energija energy company group, has entered into an agreement for the supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) with Statoil whereby it will meet over a half of LDT’s gas demand, informed BC communication manager at Lietuvos Duju Tiekimas Paulius Jakutavičius.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Gas, Legislation, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Lithuania this month ranks 81st in the world in terms of gold holdings, one notch down from number 80 last month, informs LETA/BNS, according to the latest figures from the World Gold Council. Latvia is ranked 79th.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Financial Services, Investments, Markets and Companies
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
How do people differ in their approaches to innovation management depending on where they live? What effects do the respective economic and cultural environments have on future developments? Why is it that certain factors that have a favorable influence on the innovative potential of businesses in some regions tend to be inimical to innovation in others? The new Global Innovation Expert certificate program will provide answers to exactly these questions.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Innovations, Technology
Baltic States: Opinion
The government and the Security Police have to decide whether non-Latvians in Latvia represent a useful resource or a threat, the Russian Community of Latvia President Vladimirs Sokolovs said in an interview with LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
A three-day international exhibition of knowledge, education and career planning, Studies 2016, is opening at the exhibition and congress center Litexpo in Vilnius on Thursday, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Lithuania
- 05.02.2016Montag-Girmes to pay EUR 52 mln in airBaltic by late March
- 04.02.2016Cargo handling in the Eastern Coast Baltic Seaports in January-December decreased by 0.1%
- 04.02.2016EU Commission forecasts 2.9% GDP growth for Lithuania in 2016
- 04.02.2016Estonian hospitality industry pays EUR 151 mln in taxes in 2015
- 04.02.2016Lithuania among most dependent on energy imports in EU-28
- 04.02.2016Baltic Automotive Components Cluster hasn't dropped plans for exports to Russia
- 04.02.2016New requirement to oblige Latvian entrepreneurs to inform revenue service about deals with offshore
- 04.02.2016airBaltic investor agreement signed with Montag-Girmes
- 04.02.2016Collapse of Schengen area would cost EUR 100 bln
- 04.02.2016Economic growth of NE Estonia requires better relations with Russia
- 04.02.2016CEO: Lithuania's Lukoil Baltija may be sold in February
- 04.02.2016Saaremaa NAS Electronics intends to export its output to Scandinavia
- 04.02.2016Foreigners organize human smuggling through Estonia
- 04.02.2016Apranga to expand in Latvia, Premium to open new stores in Lithuania
- 04.02.2016Number of pigs in Estonia drops 15% in 2015
- 04.02.2016Lithuanian dairies could be inTerested in Tere's brands, market share