Good for Business
Good for Business
The number of visitors in hotels and other accommodation establishments1 in the 1st quarter of the year 2013 in Latvia comprised 301.3 thousand people. That is 5.9% more than in the 1st quarter of 2012.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, LIVE RIGA, Tourism
24.05.2013.Medical personnel seeking for a job have the possibility to apply to 5 000 vacancies in Baltics
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The most appealing business environment in the Baltic countries is in Estonia, the most problematic – in Lithuania, according to the study "Business Culture and Values in the Baltic States" carried out by the Center for Sustainable Business at the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, informs LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Taxation
24.05.2013.Endzins: backing down from promise to reduce personal income tax rate unacceptable in Latvia
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The number of children taken to the Children's Clinical University Hospital with various injuries has been steadily increasing since 2010, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Markets and Companies, Medicine, Society
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
State and municipal debt stood at LVL 5.759 billion at the end of April, according to the State Treasury's data, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia
22.05.2013.Bicevskis: purchase of Latvijas Biznesa Banka indicates appreciation of banking sector's professionalism
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
It is important for Latvia to have more foreign students, as University of Latvia Rector Marcis Auzins said during a conference on the development of higher education in Latvia today, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
Lithuanian Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius gave a speech at Traditional and Renewable Energy Forum 2013, reported BC the PM's press service.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
30.04.2013.Vjaceslavs Dombrovskis sees Latvia as "weak" country, which doesn’t listen to entrepreneurs
19.04.2013.Zbigniew Brzezinski: Europe’s main problem is that today’s European Union is more of banks than of people
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
02.12.2011.Features of ethnic identity and social adaptation of the Latvians working in England and Ireland
Organized by the Baltic Fashion Federation the international event „Innovations in the fashion and textile industry” will take place on May 28-30, in Riga. The agenda of the event includes two round table discussions, an educational seminar and a visit to the Latvian innovative textile manufacturers, as well as an exhibition of innovative products from six countries of the Baltic Sea region, informed BC The Baltic Fashion Federation.
Keyword tags: Baltic, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Textile
- 24.05.2013Berzins and FICIL discuss potential improvement in investment environment in Latvia
- 24.05.2013Estonian Ministry: time till autumn with LNG terminal
- 24.05.2013PST to establish visitors' center in Zagare Regional Park
- 23.05.2013In April producer prices in Latvian industry didn’t change significantly
- 23.05.2013Cargo turnover of Riga Freeport decreased by 11.3% in 4 months
- 23.05.2013US Kinze opens its first international plant – in Lithuania
- 23.05.2013Businessmen: Latvian government must not hesitate with personal income tax cuts
- 23.05.2013Riga Port strives to become becomes one of the environmentally-friendliest ports in Baltics
- 23.05.2013EconMin: Latvia may need qualified labor force from abroad in future
- 23.05.2013Pavluts: Liepajas metalurgs troubles could leave impact on national budget
- 23.05.2013Lithuanian PakMarkas becomes the only official center of Italian Motovario in Baltics
- 23.05.2013Residents overpay LVL 12 mln on more expensive state-compensated drugs in 2012
- 23.05.2013Krigers: shadow economy in Latvia is useful for the Cabinet, local governments and residents
- 23.05.2013Saeima approves Latvia-Russia agreement on property transfer regulations
- 23.05.2013Belarus ambassador: Lithuania reaches strategic partner level
- 23.05.2013Estonia can demand “sugar” payment of court expenses and interests from Europe