Good for Business
Good for Business
On Friday, Lithuania's Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius buried a capsule marking the beginning of construction of the new summer concert complex in resort town Palanga, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Culture, Good for Business, Lithuania, Real Estate
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that in November 2013, compared to October, prices for the total industrial production sold decreased by 0.1%, refined petroleum products excluded – by 0.2%. Over the year, prices for the total industrial production sold decreased by 3.2%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
06.12.2013.EP president: Dombrovskis' resignation will not have an impact on his reputation in Europe
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The total throughput of Klaipėda Port and in Būtingės terminal in November of 2013 totalled 3,4 mln tn of seaborne cargo. The cargo handling turnover in Klaipėda Port in November of 2013 reached 2,6 mln. tn (the year-on-year change was -15,2% or by -462,3 thou. tn.), meanwhile -0,8 mln. tn of cargo were handled at Būtingės terminal (the year-on-year change was -13,9% or -124,2 thou. tn), informed BC marketing specialist at the port Jurga Daujotiene.
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) at Europol, working with police in Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Bulgaria, Spain, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom, have taken down a criminal network of Latvian payment card fraudsters and arrested eight key members of the group, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Former German ambassador presents National Library with 19th century Latvian translations of the Bible06.12.2013.
Germany's first ambassador to Latvia after the restoration of independence, Hagen von der Wenge Graf Lambsdorff on Wednesday presented to the Latvian Ambassador to Germany Elita Kuzma two Latvian translations of the Bible, dated first half of the 19th century, as his family's gift to the Latvian nation, as the Latvian Embassy in Berlin informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, History, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
Commenting on the resignation of the Prime Minister of Latvia, Valdis Dombrovskis, the Chairman of the EPP Group, Joseph Daul MEP, said:
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation
05.11.2013.Frans Timmermans: in carrying our structural changes, Europe will become stronger after crisis
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
On December 5-6, more than 40 leaders of the Europe's industry organizations will visit Vilnius on the occasion of Lithuania's Presidency of the EU Council, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Industry, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
28.11.2013.Grybauskaite at Eastern Partnership Conference: civil society is the strength of every nation
27.11.2013.Meeting of chairs of Committees on Foreign Affairs, Parliamentary Forum for Democracy to take place in Vilnius
- 06.12.2013Forbes ranks Estonia 23rd as business place
- 06.12.2013EU foreign ministers met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in Kiev
- 06.12.2013Grybauskaite and confederation BusinessEurope discussed business development in EU
- 06.12.2013Klaipedos Nafta concludes agreement on mortgage of property with FinMin
- 06.12.2013Budget of Lithuanian National Health Insurance Fund approved
- 06.12.2013Atonen: Eesti Post is ready for privatisation
- 06.12.2013Kekava school in Latvia shut down after information that building not cleared for use
- 06.12.2013Interim agreement on Iran's nuclear programme discussed in Vilnius
- 06.12.2013Cargo volume Klaipedos Nafta falls by 12.1% in 11 months
- 05.12.2013Estonia registers EU's third lowest gasoline price at the beginning of December
- 05.12.2013Government reduces interest rate for Estonian Air
- 05.12.201324.8% EU residents exposed to the risk of poverty and social exclusion
- 05.12.2013Amendments to Law on Income Tax approved by Lithuanian Seimas
- 05.12.2013airBaltic celebrates 100 000 Facebook followers
- 05.12.2013Lithuania's finmin: crisis is not over
- 05.12.2013Latvian Saeima approves in principle establishment of State Construction Supervision Bureau