Good for Business
Good for Business
Beer brewery "Aldaris" has maintained a steady turnover in 2013, whereas the company's losses reduced by 33 percent, the company also paid EUR 3 million in compensation to employees last year, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA.
Keyword tags: Alcohol, Analytics, Financial Services, Good for Business, Latvia
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The use of internet banking and ATMs in Estonia has increased in recent years, Estonian central bank Eesti Pank said in its fresh statistics on payment and settlement systems, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Financial Services, Technology
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian Minister of Agriculture Ivar Padar told Postimees that Estonia is likely to face a 10-14 million euro milk fine for exceeding the European dairy quota next spring, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Foodstuff, Markets and Companies
25.07.2014.Investors interested in cogeneration power plant projects - Lithuanian Co Lietuvos Energija
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
"Danske Bank" concluded the first half of 2014 in Latvia with a net loss in the amount of EUR 6.389 million, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia
22.07.2014.Two Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs employees suspected of corruption in Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Commission for long has been active in “digitalizing” European socio-economic spheres. Now it is the turn for greater openness. Numerous EU institutions urge the member states to open for greater public both the results of scientific research and work of public administration. There will soon be €80 million available for that openness under the EU’s new FI-WARE initiative.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
Poland-based company PKN Orlen is not going to close down its concern ORLEN Lietuva, says Lithuania's Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius, informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
One of the most important conferences for anthropology in Europe and beyond is Biennial Conference of the European Association of Social Anthropologists. Approximately 1,200 anthropologists from around the world are expected to participate in this major international conference, which will take place in Tallinn from 31 July to 3 August 2014, reported BC Krista Must, Communication Senior Specialist of Tallinn University.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum
22.07.2014.The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference
- 24.07.2014Latvia cannot extradite Calovskis yet - ECHR
- 24.07.2014Latvias economy could grow 3.5% this year - Economy Ministry
- 24.07.2014Number of Russian citizens living in Latvia has increased by 18,545 persons in last five years
- 24.07.2014Danske Bank saw turnover and net profit fall in Estonia
- 24.07.2014Veterinary Service halts pork imports from Lithuania
- 23.07.2014New "Pasazieru vilciens" board halts train procurement process
- 23.07.2014EU agrees to toughen sanctions on Russia - Lithuanian MFA
- 23.07.2014"Orkla" interested in acquiring "NP Foods" - LNT television
- 23.07.2014In Estonia Omniva expands parcel terminal network by a quarter
- 23.07.2014"AirBaltic" cancels flight to Tel Aviv today due to security reasons
- 23.07.2014Straujuma prepared to except president's health minister candidate
- 23.07.2014New state defence law makes prime minister the highest military head in Estonia
- 23.07.2014President of Latvia believes that new health minister will be appointed eventually
- 23.07.2014Lithuanian Co Lietuvos Dujos will pay EUR 15.4mn as dividends
- 23.07.2014All three Lithuanian deputy transport mins returned to their offices
- 23.07.2014A great number of Ukrainians applying for residence permits in Latvia