Good for Business
Good for Business
Ahlstrom, a high performance fiber-based materials company Ahlstrom, celebrates the inauguration of its Service Center in Vilnius, Lithuania, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that construction input prices in September 2014, against August, decreased by 0.2%. The change was mainly influenced by a 1.1% decrease in wages and salaries which was determined by lower lump sums, bonuses and premiums. Over the year (September 2014, against September 2013), construction input prices increased by 1.9%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Construction, Lithuania, Real Estate
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Today, Latvian Minister of Culture Dace Melbarde and the council members of the long-discussed Museum of Contemporary Art in Riga – Inara Tetereva, Boriss Teterevs, Ernests Bernis and Olegs Fils, signed an agreement of construction for the complex, be located in an uptown area between Hanza, Pulkveza Brieza, and Skanstes Streets, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Culture, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Saeima decided in the final reading today to pass the Development Finance Institution Law that was proposed by the Finance Ministry, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers30.10.2014.
One of the main priorities of education and science minister candidate in Latvia Marite Seile will be the attraction and quality preparation of teachers, she told members of the press yesterday, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Lithuania-Belarus economic forum will be held in Mogilev on November 4-5, the Belarusian news agency BelTA reports, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 30.10.2014Lithuania's interior minister resigns
- 30.10.2014Eesti Pank planning to set requirements for housing loans
- 30.10.2014Infortar is interested in full ownership of Estonian Air
- 30.10.2014Chamber: no reason to celebrate Latvia's position in "Doing Business 2015" rating
- 30.10.2014Estonian cargo ship in danger of sinking in Stockholm archipelago
- 30.10.2014Lithuanian MFA and US Department of State discuss cooperation, security policy
- 29.10.2014In 2013, 53% the first-born children were born outside marriage in Latvia
- 29.10.2014Stockmann looks to lay off 380 staff at Seppala
- 29.10.2014Menard Port LLC shares arrested in connection with NP Foods affair in Latvia
- 29.10.2014Latvian Port Council questions railroad electrification project
- 29.10.2014Swedish crown princess Victoria meets with Estonian state leaders
- 29.10.2014Audit: systematic changes needed in public investment in Lithuania
- 29.10.2014Estonia still the highest in Doing Business ranking among Baltics
- 29.10.2014Swedbank issues EUR 301 mln in loans to Latvian enterprises in January-September
- 29.10.2014Prime Minister Rõivas invited Swedish entrepreneurs to become e-residents
- 29.10.2014Latvia and Uzbekistan discussed events during Presidency in EU