Good for Business
Good for Business
Having opened an office in Vilnius in summer 2014, American software engineering company Exadel has announced further plans for expansion, including the opening of new offices in Kaunas and Klaipeda. Exadel intends to create 35 new jobs for IT specialists and programmers in the two new offices, reports LETA/ELTA, referring to Invest Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Good for Business, Internet, Investments, Lithuania, Technology, USA
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in November 2014, the producer price index of industrial output changed by -0.7% compared to October 2014 and by -2.3% compared to November 2013.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Industry, Markets and Companies
22.12.2014.Kobzon files grievance with Court against him being included on Latvia's persona non grata list
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
According to Statistics Estonia, in the 3rd quarter of 2014, the Dwelling Price Index changed by 4.1% compared to the 2nd quarter and by 13.2% compared to the 3rd quarter of 2013.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
UK loan provider International Personal Finance plc announced that it will buy for 23.8 million pounds instant loans company MCB Finance Group which offers instant loans in Estonia under the brand Credit24, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Loan, Mergers and take-overs
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
It is currently impossible to promise anything in regard to teachers' salaries, however, it is safe to say that not all teachers will have higher salaries from September 1 next year, as Latvian Education Minister Marite Seile says in an interview with newspaper "Vesti", cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Latvia, Wages
15.12.2014.Stages of formation and development of the civil institutions of the society in Uzbekistan
Baltic States: Opinion
2014 has been one of the most difficult and least successful years in the Latvian-Russian relations for the past twenty years, Russian Ambassador to Latvia Alexander Veshnyakov said during a meeting with several Latvian mass media, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
26.11.2014.Dauksts: Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientist or official from Latvia
25.11.2014.U.S. analyst points to Nuland's statement that "Americans are prepared to die for Latvia"
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
It is highly likely that the government will decide tomorrow to call off Latvia's participation in "World Expo 2015" which is to take place in Milan next year, Economy Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola (Greens/Farmers) told members of the press after a meeting with the Cabinet ministers today, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Real Estate
05.12.2014.International conference in Lithuania to discuss economic transformation based on innovation
- 22.12.2014Lithuanian diplomat to lead EU Monitoring Mission in Georgia
- 20.12.2014After search, Jurmala municipal building inspector suspended
- 19.12.2014In November, level of producer prices in Latvian industry decreased by 0.1%
- 19.12.2014In 2013, Lithuania's health care expenditure increased by 4%
- 19.12.2014Latvia lifts several advertising restrictions on MTG
- 19.12.2014Lithuania's State Tourism Department gets new chief
- 19.12.2014Lithuanian Seimas ratifies Treaty establishing European Stability Mechanism
- 19.12.2014French transport concern Alstom to take part in Rail Baltica II project
- 19.12.2014EU leaders agree on the strategic investment plan for Europe's growth
- 19.12.2014EU supports reforms in Ukraine
- 19.12.2014Litgrid borrows from European Investment Bank
- 19.12.2014Eesti Raudtee's plan for 2015: EUR 9 mln loss
- 19.12.2014Weak rouble puts pressure on part Estonian pensioners
- 19.12.2014Situation in fish processing industry tense due to sliding Russian ruble
- 19.12.201485% solutions suggested by Audit Office accepted by Latvian state institutions
- 19.12.2014Lithuanian business start-ups to expand despite slowing economy