Good for Business
Good for Business
Taking demand into account, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) has made a strategic decision to resume direct flights between Riga and Stockholm as of the summer 2015, SAS spokeswoman Ruta Juciene told LETA.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Transport
30.03.2015.Turnover of retail trade and catering enterprises in Lithuania grew by 4.3% in February y-o-y
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The Economic Sentiment Indicator (ESI) in the euro area increased from 102.3 points in February to 103.9 points in March 2015, the European Commission announced on Monday, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Everyone should pay for the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal, which ensures Lithuania's energy security, not only district heating consumers, says the Lithuanian District Heating Association (LSTA). According to providers of heating, it is unfair that the geopolitical LNG terminal project has to be paid for only by heating consumers, mostly residents of Vilnius, who use district heating, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Energy, Gas, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The year 2014 was a record-breaking one for the JS Rietumu banka Concern as it earned EUR 74.1 million. This according to the bank's audited Financial Report, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
30.03.2015.FinMin expresses satisfaction over Latvia's economic and cultural cooperation with France
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The annual Latvian Literature Award's experts' committee has decided to present the Lifetime Achievement Award to poet, translator and publisher Leons Briedis for his contribution to Latvian poetry, fostering intellectual thought in Latvia, and for the works he has translated into Latvian, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, Education and Science, Forum, Latvia
12.03.2015.The Vatican hosted a Latvian Presidency seminar about the unique facsimile of the Terra Mariana album
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
Baltic States: Opinion
In order for banks to resume lending to the national economy, projects for which financing is requested need to be of better quality, believes Juris Bikis, Director of Latvijas Finieris and Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma's (Unity) advisor on economic matters, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Financial Services, Latvia, Loan, Markets and Companies
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
At 24.00 on April 11, the submission of entries to VII International advertising and marketing Festival White Square, Minsk, Belarus, will be finished. No more prolongation!!!
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum
- 30.03.2015EU countries should harmonize methods of investigation in fight against cybercrime
- 30.03.2015Estonian tourist killed in bus accident in Turkey
- 30.03.2015Havas Europe in Riga adds SAS and Ukraine International Airlines to its service network
- 30.03.2015Experts stress the role of cyber defence in Europe
- 30.03.2015Saaremaa will have nearly two times less cruise tourists in summer
- 30.03.2015Lithuania's State Security Department announces annual threat assessment 2014
- 30.03.2015Air Lituanica ensures 2 crew members always present in the cockpit
- 30.03.2015Russia, Latvia, Poland – Lithuania's top partners in exports in 2014
- 30.03.2015Turnover of trade and repair of motor vehicles enterprises in Lithuania increased slightly in February
- 30.03.2015Latvia's experience with personal data protection presented in Kyrgyzstan
- 30.03.2015Latvian businessman of Afghan origin wants his reputation restoredLatvian businessman of Afghan origin wants his reputation restored
- 29.03.2015Number of cancer patients in Latvia increases by 39% in 10 years
- 28.03.2015Lithuania invited to contribute to construction of Chernobyl NPP sarcophagus
- 27.03.2015Latvia is among the first countries to launch calculation of state accrued pension entitlements
- 27.03.2015Latvian Television working on new channel in cooperation with Estonia
- 27.03.2015EcoMin: digital single market in Europe will give Latvian businessmen access to large market