Good for Business
Good for Business
Ryanair, Europe’s favourite low fares airline, today (11 Mar) announced a new partnership with Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, allowing Travelport-connected agents worldwide access to Ryanair’s low fares and comprehensive route network, informed BC Elina Hakkarainen.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia indicate that, in 2013, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current prices comprised EUR 23.3 billion (LVL 16.4 billion), but in the 4th quarter of 2013 – EUR 6.3 billion (LVL 4.4 billion).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic, Economics, GDP, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The European Commission approved of the application of Estonian agriculture ministry to pay direct subsidies exceptionally to pig farming too in 2014, in order to ease the complicated situation in the sphere, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Lithuania Post is inviting to donate to the non-governmental organization Save the Children Lithuania. Donations for children being under the care of Save the Children Lithuania are accepted at all post offices and PayPost outlets rendering financial services, informs BC post’s press service.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Lithuania, Post Office, Transport
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Government of Lithuania has approved state funding for more than 4,600 graduate and 500 postgraduate students for 2014. State funding for postgraduate studies is projected to grow by one tenth, with particular focus on biomedical, physical and technological sciences, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Funds, Legislation, Lithuania
25.02.2014.Latvian Audit Office: Ministry may be violating the law in planning earmarked subsidies for teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin met with media representatives to answer a number of their questions, in particular with regard to the situation in Ukraine, informs kremlin.ru.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Russia, Ukraine
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
In 2014, the 6th International Advertising and Marketing Festival “White Square” will be held in Minsk on April 24-26. For the six years of its operation "White Square" has become a leading business forum on the exchange of international best practice in the field of marketing and advertising in our country.
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Forum, Markets and Companies
03.03.2014.The CEO of «Russian Fuel and Energy Complex in the XXI Century» Forum informed about the main theme
- 11.03.2014Problems of sustainability of pension system considered in Estonia
- 11.03.2014One-third Latvians believe Russia's incursion into Ukraine justified
- 11.03.2014Ambassador: Eastern Partnership summit in Vilnius became historic event for Georgia
- 11.03.2014Grybausakite: Russia lost its face
- 11.03.2014Estonia's unemployment rate grew to 5.7% in February
- 11.03.2014Culture Ministry's State Secretary Pukitis to be transferred to Environmental Protection Ministry
- 10.03.2014Foreign trade deficit of Lithuania amounted to LTL 0.5 bln in January
- 10.03.2014In February, annual inflation in Latvia made 0.5%
- 10.03.2014In Q4, the number of job vacancies decreased by 3.4% in Estonia
- 10.03.2014Latvia records EU's second highest share of renewable energy in 2012
- 10.03.2014Latvian Mass Media Council wants Russia-run TV channels off the air
- 10.03.2014Controversial labour mobility issues in the Nordic-Baltic region
- 10.03.2014Port of Klaipeda opens its doors to the public
- 10.03.2014Estonia registers EU's fourth lowest gasoline price in early March
- 10.03.2014Latvian Pensioners' Federation cancels March 13 nationwide rallies
- 10.03.2014First guilty verdict in Zolitude tragedy investigation