Good for Business
Good for Business
Estonian media company AS Ekspress Grupp announced that the year 2014 was a successful year for it: in year-on-year comparison, the consolidated EBITDA of the group increased by 22% to almost EUR 9 million and consolidated net profit was 30% higher and amounted to EUR 4.6 million, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Good for Business, Internet, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that in 2014, compared to 2013, GDP at constant prices grew by 2.4%. Gross domestic product at current prices comprised 24.1 bln euro, in the 4th quarter of 2014 – 6.5 bln euro.
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonia's largest passenger shipping company Tallink informed the Tallinn stock exchange that it has decided to sell its ferries Regina Baltica and Silja Festival, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In 2014, BTA Insurance Company (BTA) collected EUR 178.5 million in gross premiums, which is EUR 18.5 million or 11.6% more than in 2013, according to BTA's unaudited financial statement, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Insurance, Latvia
27.02.2015.Trasta komercbanka concludes the year 2014 with EUR 9.79 losses due to situation in Ukraine
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Do you want to become an engineer, an architect, a journalist, a doctor, a beauty specialist or pursue a different career, but you still haven’t decided where to study? Then you really need to come to the fair “Skola 2015” (“School 2015”), which will take place from 27 February to 1 March at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre in Riga where, in an active and creative environment, you will be offered diverse information on study opportunities in Latvia and abroad and will be assisted in choosing the most appropriate path of education.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
18.02.2015.New book entitled “Environment, Pollution, Development: The Case of Uzbekistan” presented in Riga
10.02.2015.Latvian schools might introduce media and information lessons to counter Russia's propaganda
Baltic States: Opinion
Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment26.02.2015.
Today, in Brussels, Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma, in addressing the Centre for European Policy Studies at the conference "More or Less Europe”, highlighted the key aspects driving current economic, security and geopolitical challenges, reports BC press secretary to the Prime Minister Aiva Rozenberga.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Society
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On the 28th of February the second deadline of entry submission to VII International advertising and marketing Festival White Square is upcoming. Those who will submit the entries till the 28th will have more profitable conditions.
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum
24.02.2015.Disciplinary case initiated against six Latvian Economy Ministry officials over "Expo 2015" failure
16.02.2015.Advertising and marketing Festival White Square 2015 in Minsk announced the full jury cast
- 27.02.2015Challenges to Lithuania's economy: ageing society and lack of investment in research
- 27.02.2015PM and "Eurochambres" heads discuss commercial cooperation within the framework of Latvia's Presidency in EU
- 27.02.2015MFA: Latvia could join OECD in spring 2016
- 27.02.2015Latvian transport minister invites Sokolov to Riga summit
- 27.02.2015Estonian outgoing government has fulfilled 71% objectives
- 26.02.2015In 2014, average monthly net wages and salaries accounted for EUR 560 in Latvia
- 26.02.2015Population with higher level of education focus in densely populated areas in Latvia
- 26.02.2015In Q4, the average monthly gross wages in Estonia exceeded 1,000 euros once again
- 26.02.2015Recommendations prepared for the EU regarding open data and European citizens' initiatives
- 26.02.2015Aging, inequality, and lack of labor force named as Latvia's challenges in next 5 years
- 26.02.2015A tenth funds needed to build Rail Baltica will be asked in first round
- 26.02.2015Jelgava Clinic chief Anna Ziverte charged in criminal case
- 26.02.2015New EU energy and climate strategy: fifth basic freedom
- 26.02.2015Daugavpils lokomotivju remonta rupnica turnover decreases by 21.4% in 2014
- 26.02.2015Estonia orders a new ship for Saaremaa-Hiiuma island route
- 26.02.2015In Q4, gross earnings in Lithuanian economy grew by 2.6%