Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, there were 8,500 job vacancies in the enterprises, institutions and organisations of Estonia in the 2nd quarter of 2015. The number of job vacancies increased by 16.5% compared to the previous quarter and by 11.0% compared to the 2nd quarter of 2014.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Employment, Estonia, Good for Business, Labour-market, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to the International Monetary Fund's (IMF) latest economic analysis, Lithuania has successfully transitioned from an emerging market into a mature economy, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, EU – Baltic States, GDP, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
04.09.2015.Zile: Juncker is not attempting to solve refugee problem, but is succeeding in fragmenting Europe
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Environmental Protection and Regional Development Minister Kaspars Gerhards (All For Latvia-For Fatherland And Freedom/LNNK) believes that Skonto buve’s actions regarding the liquidation of acid waste ponds in Incukalns are now bordering on sabotage, the minister's advisor Oskars Vizbulis told LETA.
Keyword tags: Construction, Ecology, Energy, Latvia, Legislation
04.09.2015.Estonian MFA: in deploying a digital single market, Baltic countries can act as a compass for Europe
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Latvian bank Trasta komercbanka is looking for an investor to boost capital and help revamp its unprofitable operations, the Bloomberg news agency reports, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia
04.09.2015.Lithuania's State treasury financial reports lack info on EU funds returnable to state budget
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Prime Minister of Lithuania, Algirdas Butkevicius, has called the strike organised by schools of national minorities as politicizing, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Strike
02.09.2015.Ilves inaugurated Jaak Aaviksoo into office as the Rector of Tallinn University of Technology
Baltic States: Opinion
Islam Karimov’s addresses with congratulatory speech at the 24th Independence Day celebrations for Uzbekistan. The speech was given BC from the Embassy in Riga.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
From smart parts of satellites to brand new interactive wooden toys – Vilnius Innovation Forum 2015 will host the latest products made in Lithuania.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Innovations, Lithuania, Technology
03.09.2015.Fainting spells at Latvian Youth Song and Dance Festival due to accumulation of circumstances
25.08.2015.60 restaurants, manors and castles to participate in the annual "Gastronomy Festival" in Riga
- 04.09.2015Lithuania's Environmental Protection Agency gives green light for CHP plant in Vilnius
- 04.09.2015Estonian PM: no evidence in port bribery scandal about money connected to parties
- 03.09.2015The profit of Estonian business sector decreased by 15% in Q2
- 03.09.2015Port of Tallinn undergoes special audit, gets new board
- 03.09.2015The annual retail trade turnover in EU increased by 2.7% in July
- 03.09.2015Latvian Saeima rejects proposal for decriminalization of marijuana
- 03.09.2015Piebalgs: gas prices in Latvia will likely increase, but expected to decrease later
- 03.09.2015Saeima turns down proposal calling for the report on refugee accommodation in Latvia
- 03.09.2015Professor: Latvia's population will be at around 1.51 mln in 2040
- 03.09.2015In July, apartment prices in Riga and Vilnius increased, but in Tallinn decreased
- 03.09.2015Estonian state sells Andmevara
- 03.09.20151.978 mln persons live in Latvia
- 03.09.2015Vao refugee centre set on fire in Estonia
- 03.09.201521,746 babies born in Latvia in 2014
- 03.09.2015Stradins Hospital's new ward in Riga planned to be up and running by 2017
- 03.09.201519,017 persons left Latvia in 2014; 15,000 expected to leave in 2015