Good for Business
Good for Business
Latvian capital Riga and Belarus capital Minsk will make a joint bid for hosting the 2021 World Ice-Hockey Championship.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Cooperation, Good for Business, Latvia
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Six people who have lost money to cheats offering big unsecured loans via social media websites and by e-mail have turned to the Estonian police this year, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Crime, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
19.01.2017.Government of Uzbekistan sums up results for 2016 and determines yearly priorities at the extended session
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Improvement of business environment and attraction of investments among top priorities of combating shadow economy in Latvia19.01.2017.
The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) together with Stockholm School of Economics in Riga held a seminar in the AmCham Outlook series to discuss the shadow economy and its impact on Latvia’s business environment on January 18 at the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, AmCham representatives informs BC.
Keyword tags: Economics, Estonia, Latvia, Markets and Companies, USA
18.01.2017.Latvian economics minister suggests providing certain business-related public services in English
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Lithuanian Competition Council (LCC) has launched a probe into whether or not Swedbank, one of the country's biggest banks, has abused a dominant position, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Banks, Competition, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Despite its regret about the UK leaving the EU, the European University Association (EUA) is pleased that UK Prime Minister Theresa May explicitly highlighted science, research and innovation in a much-anticipated speech on Brexit given from London on 17 January 2017.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
The new term "retirement economy", as no other one, characterises realities not only of the modern labour market, but also of the world economy. The adverse demographic situation in the Baltic States allow speaking about the inability of the present retirement system for future pensioners. Besides low birth rate it is necessary to mention substantial out-migration of able-bodied population to other countries with good working opportunities. The adverse demographic situation and labour migration are the basis of pessimism and non-confidence of the population, especially of the youth, in the state retirement system.
Keyword tags: Economic History, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Labour Unions, Latvia, Pensioners
09.01.2017.The year 2017 in the corporate communication field: putting things in order, analysing and pushing the boundaries
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Legal nationality beyond national boundaries and the role of blockchain. Estonian project case study17.01.2017.
Estonia, well-known by its electronic legal nationality project, is light years away from other countries in digitalization and business convenience area. Well, e-Residency project allows everyone anywhere on the planet to register a company, pay taxes and conduct document management in Estonia.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Forum, Innovations, Technology
16.01.2017.Over EUR 1 Million have been donated to the ABLV Charitable Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Charitable Campaign
23.12.2016.The founder of Bitcoin Foundation and Forbes columnist will visit Blockchain Conference in Tallinn
- 18.01.2017Estonian/US startup Pipedrive gets USD 17 mln capital injection
- 18.01.2017Tele2 partners up with Vodafone to provide services to corporate clients in Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden
- 17.01.2017Emergency situation declared in Krimulda, Adazi, Salaspils regions in relation to ASF outbreak
- 17.01.2017Estonia's Magnetic MRO signs maintenance contract with Airbaltic
- 17.01.2017Lithuania ahead of Baltic neighbors on Bloomberg index of most innovative economies
- 17.01.2017Klaipeda port must be first - Lithuania's transpmin
- 17.01.2017Estonian Transiidikeskus says there are enough goods to carry on Rail Baltic route
- 17.01.2017Britain to leave EU's single market
- 17.01.2017In 2016 number of M&A deals in Latvia remained unchanged from a year before
- 17.01.2017Sweden’s Minister for Employment and Integration visits Latvia
- 17.01.2017Sale of KVV Liepajas Metalurgs to start in February
- 17.01.2017Bill to designate cyberspace as security environment
- 17.01.2017Press subscription in Latvia down 4.2 % in 2017
- 17.01.2017Lithuanian dairy Vilkyskiu Pienine exports 1st shipment to China
- 16.01.2017We grasp Lithuania's concerns about Astravyets, don't plan embargo laws - Latvian minister
- 16.01.2017Swedish Trelleborg Wheels Systems to fully move its wheel systems plant to Liepaja