Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, in August 2014, the production of industrial enterprises rose 3% compared to August of the previous year. The production increased in manufacturing, while in mining and energy the production decreased.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Good for Business, Industry, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In a United Nations global survey, in tandem with "HelpAge International", the so-called aging index was tabulated after examining the situation in 96 countries, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Pensioners, Society
01.10.2014.Usakovs: it’s easier to talk about practical matters in Moscow, than in Berlin or Washington
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian Defence Minister Sven Mikser and Dutch Defence Minister Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert signed on Wednesday in Tallinn a cooperation agreement for the purchase of 44 military battle machines CV90 for the Estonian Defence Forces, which is the largest defence procurement after the restoration of independence, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Security
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The information leak about the sale of the Citadele bank reduced the bank's price by EUR 7 million, Economy Minister Vjaceslavs Dombrovskis (Reform Party/Unity) told the press representatives after a government meeting on Tuesday, cites LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, USA
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Three hundred ninety-two new students will begin their studies at European Humanities University (EHU) in the fall 2014. Their numbers include 329 undergraduate and 63 graduate students, reported BC EHU communications manager Gintare Kavaliunaite-Amelyushkina.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Lithuanian Minister of Economy Evaldas Gustas who paid a working visit to Japan noted that Lithuanian representatives intend to participate in Foodex Japan 2015 exhibition and proposed to organise business missions to Lithuania for representatives of the Japanese food sector, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Foodstuff, Forum, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 01.10.2014Latvia will not appeal ECHR ruling on hacker Calovskis
- 01.10.2014Lithuanian EC nominee for health participated in hearing in EP
- 01.10.2014Latvian Health Ministry aims to increase number of healthy life years by three
- 01.10.2014Jurmalas namsaimnieks to be bought by Lithuanian company Busto valda
- 01.10.2014Nordea: GDP growth in Latvia in Q2 – slowest in Baltics
- 30.09.2014In Q2, GDP of Latvia grew by 2.3%
- 30.09.2014In 10 years, 439.5 thousand persons emigrated and 107.2 thousand immigrated in Lithuania
- 30.09.2014Tax rates to be altered no more often than once a year in Latvia
- 30.09.2014EU gives more aid to farmers hurt by Russia sanctions
- 30.09.2014Price decline expected in Latvia for properties that cost around EUR 150,000
- 30.09.201413 stolen luxury automobiles found in Latvia as part of ''Archimedes'' operation
- 30.09.2014Harmony submits to Saeima petition against sale of Citadele, signed by 10,300 citizens
- 30.09.2014Berzins: U.S. entrepreneurs could help strengthen Europe's energy market
- 30.09.2014Common security challenges and risks in the EU-Ukraine relations
- 30.09.2014airBaltic: AMBER green flying project completed
- 30.09.2014Latvian coalition doesn’t support nationalists’ amendments to Immigration Law