Good for Business
Good for Business
Ukraine International Airlines is expanding its operation in Lithuania with the launch of flights from Vilnius to Odessa starting from 26 June 2015. Flights to the city of Ukraine located on the coast of the Black Sea will be operated twice a week – on Fridays and Sundays until 13 September, Vilnius Airport reported BC.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, Good for Business, Lithuania, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, the change of the consumer price index in June 2015 was -0.2% compared to May 2015 and -0.1% compared to June of the previous year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Inflation, Markets and Companies
07.07.2015.PM appreciates the successful cooperation with the EU Parliament in attaining the aims of Latvia’s Presidency
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
A survey among the drivers of Taxi Pocket, a taxi booking app, shows that most frequently Ri-ga residents and visitors use taxi on Friday and Saturday nights and about 80% of the clients are under the influence of alcohol at weekends. To discourage drink driving, in July and Au-gust 2015, Taxi Pocket will hold regular events to raise awareness of the drivers.
07.07.2015.New TV channel in Russian in Latvia could achieve at least half of the First Baltic Channel's current audience in 3 years
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Great Britain has issued arrest warrants for former bank Snoras owners Vladimir Antonov and Raimondas Baranauskas who went missing after losing their fight against extradition to face fraud charges in Lithuania, LETA/BLOOMBERG reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
On 3 July 2015, the Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkevics made a working visit to Estonia, where he took part in the presentation of the annual Translators’ Prize granted by the Latvian and Estonian Foreign Ministries, and met with the Foreign Minister of Estonia, Keit Pentus-Rosimannus, reported BC the Latvian MFA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
15.06.2015.Baltic Defence College Celebrates Graduation Ceremony with the Opening a Baltic Way Lecture Room
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with Latvian Television today, former Latvian Finance Minister Andris Vilks said that every EU country is trying to help Greece as much as they can, but that Greece's behavior is the most shameless the EU has ever witnessed. ''They are trying to screw everyone over,'' said Vilks, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia
12.05.2015.Kristalina Georgieva: Latvia is among five countries feeling the largest benefits from EU budget
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
On August 2015, the IV Baltic Business Aviation Forum will take place in Jurmala, Latvia. The event was initiated by the Russian United Business Aviation Forum in 2012.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Transport
- 07.07.2015Postimees stays biggest daily in Estonia in June
- 06.07.2015Industrial production in Latvia fell by 2.1% in May
- 06.07.2015The Commission addresses the travelers’ rights in rail and in air transport
- 06.07.2015Latvia could take in about 250 refugees
- 06.07.2015Latvian FinMin: Greece says "no" to international aid and chance to stay in eurozone
- 06.07.2015Acquiring the Latvian Tenachem, Soudal consolidates its position in the glass industry
- 06.07.2015Excise tax on crop protection products may have negative impact on entire agricultural sector in Latvia
- 06.07.2015Expert: no reason for Latvia to panic about Greek problems
- 06.07.2015Record number of automobile thefts registered in April-May in Latvia
- 06.07.2015Budget revenue to rise by up to EUR 30 mln thanks to new excise tax rates on chocolate, sugar and salt in Latvia
- 06.07.2015Tallinn-Moscow train will run on a daily basis
- 06.07.2015Estonian passport validity period may be extended to 10 years
- 05.07.201534 regional visits the total for Latvian president Berzins in 4 years
- 05.07.2015Cargo turnover at Ventspils Port decreased by 14.76% in H1
- 03.07.2015Significant changes are bound to happen in Lithuania's energy market in 2016
- 03.07.2015Manabalss.lv portal launches signature drive for "returning" Palanga to Latvia