Good for Business
Good for Business
Statistics Lithuania informs that in September 2014, industrial production totalled LTL 5.8 billion (EUR 1.7 billion) at current prices and, compared to August, grew by 6.9% at constant prices, seasonally adjusted – by 1.7%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Industry, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Compared to August, level of producer prices in Latvian industry in September 2014 rose by 0.1%, according to the data of Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia. In September 2014 compared to September of the previous year, the overall level of producer prices in the Latvian industry increased by 0.3%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
East Capital Baltic Property Fund II (“the Fund”), managed by East Capital, has yesterday acquired the Metro Plaza office building in Tallinn, Estonia.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Investments, Markets and Companies, Real Estate
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
During the first three quarters of 2014, LHV Group earned a total of 5.7 million euros in net profits, writes LETA/Äripäev.ee.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Loan
20.10.2014.Russia discovers capital outflow caused by money transfers to Latvian and Estonian bank accounts
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Lithuanian National Union of Students has presented their higher education vision, which sees Lithuania reducing the number of higher education institutions and universities by 2030, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Legislation, Lithuania
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Food Bank (Maisto Bankas) campaign in Lithuania which took place on Friday and Saturday saw record high contributions, the organisers say.
Keyword tags: Banks, Foodstuff, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 21.10.2014Latvian MFA urges clearer and stronger support to Eastern Partnership initiative countries
- 21.10.2014Lithuanian EcoMin tells diplomats not to give in to Russia's economic pressure
- 21.10.2014Who are the winners of China's anti-corruption drive?
- 21.10.2014Why Latvian ministers didn’t up their own salaries?
- 20.10.2014Lower mortality rates observed during 9 months in Latvia
- 20.10.2014Construction price in Estonia increased by 0.3% in Q3
- 20.10.2014In September, the producer price index of industrial output in Estonia increased by 0.2%
- 20.10.2014Lithuania: cooperation with Germany in security, economy and culture extremely important
- 20.10.2014Lithuanian EcoMin summarized tasks for mitigation of Russian sanctions
- 20.10.2014Latvian Chamber: Ukraine offers excellent business opportunities
- 20.10.2014Should Ebola appear, Latvia ready
- 20.10.2014Latvijas Banka: what we have learnt from the crisis?
- 20.10.2014Lithuanian heat producers will be refunded for gas overpayment in two years
- 20.10.2014Profit of Lithuania's state-owned enterprises grows just by 1.2% in H1
- 20.10.2014Lithuania and Kazakhstan to attempt to attract cargo flows from China
- 20.10.2014Estonian travel companies targeting superrich from Kuwait