Good for Business
Good for Business
Latest seasonally adjusted data (at current prices) compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia show that, compared to September 2013, manufacturing turnover in October 2013 has increased by 1.5%, of which by 2.5% in domestic market and by 0.3% in export. Manufacturing turnover (1) characterises monthly changes in demand for industrial goods and services on the market.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Industry, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia indicate that, in the 3rd quarter of 2013, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current prices comprised LVL 4.3 billion (EUR 6.1 billion).
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian Supreme Court declares foundation restrictions of pharmacies contradicting the Constitution09.12.2013.
The Estonian Supreme Court declared with its Monday decision the provisions of the pharmaceuticals law, that restrict founding pharmacies, as contradicting the Constitution and thus null and void, a decision that is greatly protested against by the Estonian pharmacists unions, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Medicine
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Estonian Finance Ministry, the tax revenue collected by the Estonian state budget amounted to 434 million euros in November, which is an increase of 15.1% as compared to the same time last year and in line with expectations, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Taxation
09.12.2013.Swedbank, Rietumu banka and ABLV Bank were most profitable banks in Latvia in January-September
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Former German ambassador presents National Library with 19th century Latvian translations of the Bible06.12.2013.
Germany's first ambassador to Latvia after the restoration of independence, Hagen von der Wenge Graf Lambsdorff on Wednesday presented to the Latvian Ambassador to Germany Elita Kuzma two Latvian translations of the Bible, dated first half of the 19th century, as his family's gift to the Latvian nation, as the Latvian Embassy in Berlin informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, History, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
Address by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan H.E. Mr. Islam Karimov at the Grand Ceremony Dedicated to the 21st Anniversary of Adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, given to BC by the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Budget, Direct Speech, Economics, Financial Services, Legislation
05.11.2013.Frans Timmermans: in carrying our structural changes, Europe will become stronger after crisis
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
With the start and finish lines on Riga's Dome Square in Old Town, about 300 assorted Santas braved the snowy weather for the 6th annual charity run yesterday, informs LETA.
28.11.2013.Grybauskaite at Eastern Partnership Conference: civil society is the strength of every nation
27.11.2013.Meeting of chairs of Committees on Foreign Affairs, Parliamentary Forum for Democracy to take place in Vilnius
- 09.12.2013Cuban, Belarusian human rights activists praise Lithuania and share their experience
- 09.12.2013Prosecutor's office in Latvia files protest against Winergy insolvency
- 09.12.2013Slesers re-enters Latvian political scene as party chairman
- 09.12.2013Engineers give Maxima the go-ahead to re-open its ''Sahara'' supermarket
- 08.12.2013Latvian MFA met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in Kiev
- 08.12.2013Re&Re has not done construction work in Rimi Deglava and Maxima Sahara
- 07.12.20132 supermarkets in Riga closed due to potential threats
- 06.12.2013Prices for the industrial production sold in Lithuania decreased by 0.1% in November
- 06.12.2013In Q3, the number of job vacancies increased by 12.3% in Estonia
- 06.12.2013In November, annual inflation in Estonia reduced to 1.5%
- 06.12.2013Cargo turnover at Klaipeda port and Butinge terminal decreased to 3,4 mln tn in November
- 06.12.2013Rail Baltica may fail because of Lithuania
- 06.12.2013Nord Stream load tests successfully completed
- 06.12.2013Latvenergo is the safest company in Latvia for second year in a row
- 06.12.2013SEB: higher domestic consumption brings enterprises turnover growth in Estonia
- 06.12.2013Food prices in Latvia have grown considerably over past 10 years