Good for Business
Good for Business
The Bank of Latvia has come up with proposals to the changes in the Latvian tax system, focusing on revision of personal income tax and corporate tax systems, according to unofficial information at the disposal of LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Good for Business, Latvia, Taxation
27.02.2017.The President of Latvia calls for facilitation of the cooperation among the business from Latvia and the UAE
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Ambassador of Latvia Edgars Bondars held negotiations at the Ministry of Development of Information Technologies and Communications of Uzbekistan on 22 February 2017, reported UzDaily.com.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Cooperation, Latvia, Technology, Uzbekistan
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
While last December a court initiated the reorganization of the construction company Bauschmidt, the company has not submitted a reorganization plan, but is instead applying for the reorganization to be finished and will probably go bankrupt, writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Construction, Estonia, Markets and Companies, Real Estate
24.02.2017.Health Ministry’s deputy state secretary temporarily appointed head of Riga Eastern Hospital
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that in 2016 the average monthly gross wages and salaries in the country amounted to 859 euros. Compared to 2015 when annual increase constituted 6.8%, in 2016 smaller rise in the average wages and salaries was recorded – 41 euros or 5.0.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Latvia, Statistics, Wages
23.02.2017.Pending tax reform in Latvia to be based on higher capital gains taxes and lower labor taxes
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The committee for the election of the rector of the University of Tartu on Monday registered incumbent rector Volli Kalm and Professor Margit Sutrop as candidates for the election to be held at the end of next month.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia
27.01.2017.AmCham Latvia supports openness of higher education systems and participation in international scientific processes
Baltic States: Opinion
A simultaneous decrease in unemployment rate and number of employed at the end of 2016 may seem illogical, yet only at a first glance. In fact, the situation in the labour market continues to improve according to expectations.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Labour-market, Latvia
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On Saturday, the Third International Conference dedicated to the world trade in grains will start in Dubai. Rietumu Bank representatives will participate in panel discussions. Within the framework of the conference, the largest exhibition of food industry of the Persian Gulf will be held - Gulfood 2017
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Foodstuff, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
08.02.2017.Blockchain will fundamentally transform exchange business – Funderbeam CEO Kaidi Ruusalepp
06.02.2017.5 blockchain applications in Fintech. IBM leading engineer will speak at Tallinn conference
02.02.2017.A special conference is organised to debate the role of strategic thinking and possible problem solving in state and business affairs
- 23.02.2017Lithuania's Lietuvos Gelezinkeliai to unify tariffs for port handling firms
- 23.02.2017Prices of standard-design apartments in Riga grow 7.6% in 2016
- 23.02.2017Rietumu Has Started Cooperation with the Leading German Platform for Placement of Deposits
- 23.02.2017Nord Stream 2 Awards Pipelay Contract to Allseas
- 23.02.2017Commission launches European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2017
- 22.02.2017Lithuanian ruling party's mayor in Panevezys district suspected of abuse of office
- 22.02.2017Estonia has one of best performing labor markets in EU
- 22.02.2017Latvian corruption watchdog closes so-called oligarch case
- 22.02.2017HKScan to increase exports from N Estonia's Rakvere plant to New Zealand
- 22.02.2017Latvia's Jan annual inflation among EU's highest
- 22.02.2017Lithuanian energmin to ask about Latvian stance on Astravyets
- 22.02.2017Sweden's Ikea owns 38,000 hectares of forest in Baltic states
- 22.02.2017Health for all at every stage of life: SDGs in practice
- 21.02.201739% of residents would leave Latvia in case of Russian invasion
- 21.02.2017Government considers suing Grindex shareholders over sale of the company's state-owned shares
- 21.02.2017M. Kučinskis and Brexit Minister agree on inviolability of interests of Latvia's residents working in UK