Good for Business
Good for Business
The value of particle boards exported from Latvia in January-November last year was EUR 146.175 mln - 11.9% more than in the first eleven months of 2015 when Latvia exported particle boards worth EUR 130.659 mln, according to the Agriculture Ministry's Forest Department writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Good for Business, Industry, Latvia, Woodwork
20.01.2017.Lithuanian Government greenlights police infrastructure PPP projects in Kaunas and Panevezys
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
A 15-member high-level work group to advise the European Commission on innovation includes the Estonian co-founder and CEO of the money transfer service TransferWise, Taavet Hinrikus, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Innovations
20.01.2017.Latvian Financial Police in cooperation with Lithuanian colleagues break up two VAT fraud rings
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Invitation to companies to bid for the provision of consultancy services for Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in London23.01.2017.
Keyword tags: Investments, Markets and Companies
22.01.2017.Ventspils municipality to borrow EUR 435,000 for project of multifunctional innovation center
19.01.2017.Improvement of business environment and attraction of investments among top priorities of combating shadow economy in Latvia
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Latvia’s ABLV Bank in late February plans to issue two-year bonds worth USD 75 mln (EUR 70.3 mln) and two-year bonds worth EUR 20 mln, the bank said in a statement to the Nasdaq Riga stock exchange.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Despite its regret about the UK leaving the EU, the European University Association (EUA) is pleased that UK Prime Minister Theresa May explicitly highlighted science, research and innovation in a much-anticipated speech on Brexit given from London on 17 January 2017.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
Corporate debt liabilities shrank in the third quarter of 2016 despite the rapid growth in bank loans. Growth in household loans accelerated, but remained slower than growth in incomes and savings. As before, more financial assets were invested abroad or returned there than were taken in from abroad
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Investments, Loan
09.01.2017.The year 2017 in the corporate communication field: putting things in order, analysing and pushing the boundaries
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On March 9, 2017, one will present the electronic auction service – e-Auction 3.0 – at Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference in Tallinn. This project has been developed by Ukrainian IT specialists. Its concept is to replace officials for transparent blockchain. It shows conditions, process and results of public property lease and sale auctions.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Forum, Innovations, Markets and Companies, Technology
17.01.2017.Legal nationality beyond national boundaries and the role of blockchain. Estonian project case study
16.01.2017.Over EUR 1 Million have been donated to the ABLV Charitable Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Charitable Campaign
23.12.2016.The founder of Bitcoin Foundation and Forbes columnist will visit Blockchain Conference in Tallinn
- 19.01.2017Government of Uzbekistan sums up results for 2016 and determines yearly priorities at the extended session
- 18.01.2017Latvia records EU's biggest drop in construction output in Q3
- 18.01.2017Lithuanian spending on purchases lowest in Baltics
- 18.01.2017Record amount of power generated from renewable resources in Lithuania in 2016
- 18.01.2017Latvian embassy in UK registers 2,262 newborns in 2016
- 18.01.2017Lithuania's Arvi Kalakutai launches EUR 30 mln turkey product complex in Belarus
- 18.01.2017Lithuanian Railways' new freight directorate chief to seek tariff transparency
- 18.01.2017International license of Estonia's Lux Express restored by Russian authorities
- 18.01.2017Latvia’s Aloja Starkelsen starch maker has made first shipments to South Korea
- 18.01.2017Food Union Management has increased share capital by EUR 806,000
- 18.01.2017Estonian/US startup Pipedrive gets USD 17 mln capital injection
- 18.01.2017Latvian economics minister suggests providing certain business-related public services in English
- 18.01.2017Tele2 partners up with Vodafone to provide services to corporate clients in Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden
- 18.01.2017Railway electrification project in Latvia could be suspended if it affects budget
- 17.01.2017Emergency situation declared in Krimulda, Adazi, Salaspils regions in relation to ASF outbreak
- 17.01.2017Survey finds Lithuanians to be happiest in Baltic states