Good for Business
Good for Business
President Dalia Grybauskaite together with King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, who is on a state visit in Lithuania, attended the Swedish Business Awards Ceremony. The Awards, which celebrate their tenth anniversary, aim at strengthening Lithuanian and Swedish business ties and highlighting business responsibility towards society and nature as well as the benefits of international cooperation in business, reports BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Transport
07.10.2015.Barbara Stöttinger: innovative studying environment and programs’ variety is WU Vienna's success
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to the latest data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB), compared to September 2014, the average consumer price level in September 2015 (1) declined by 0.5%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Inflation, Latvia, Markets and Companies
08.10.2015.Business relations between Lithuania and Sweden enhance the competitiveness of the economy
08.10.2015.Prospects for development of relations between Lithuania and Germany discussed in Vilnius
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Community of European railway and infrastructure companies (CER) closely followed today’s deliberations in the Transport Council on the Fourth Railway Package. CER welcomes the general approach adopted by the Transport Ministers on the so-called Market Pillar of the Fourth Railway Package. Now it is time to proceed swiftly with the trilogue negotiations with the European Parliament, and to let the Technical Pillar enter into force as soon as possible.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In the first nine months of the year 2015, budget revenue administered by the State Revenue Service was implemented by 99%, with budget revenue deficit amounting to EUR 54.84 million, reports LETA, according to the State Revenue Service.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
According to Eurostat, in Estonia is just every eighth schoolteacher is male, which is the EU's lowest indicator, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States
22.09.2015.The wage fund of teachers and cultural, social, and internal security workers increased by 4% in Estonia
17.09.2015.Estonian government didn’t give permission for study language exception in 5 schools in Tallinn
Baltic States: Opinion
Prime Minister Mrs. Laimdota Straujuma at the high Council meeting between FICIL and Latvian Government on 25 September 2015 in Riga.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The non-banking sector's bodies have entered the retail payments market. They base their business models on technological innovations, bring new experiences to consumers and pose new questions to market regulators. This issue is addressed at the payments conference in Vilnius, which is organised by the Bank of Lithuania and Sveriges Riksbank (the Swedish central bank), the Bank of Lithuania reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Lithuania
- 08.10.2015The heat is on in Riga
- 07.10.2015Latvian president Vejonis had one-on-one with Belarus' Lukashenko in New York
- 07.10.2015Mayor of Astana assessed economic relations between Kazakhstan and Lithuania as productive
- 07.10.2015Rõivas: EXPO 2015 is a great opportunity to champion the best of Estonia to the world
- 07.10.2015Exchange of tax rulings among the EU states: long waited agreement
- 07.10.2015Cargo turnover at Ventspils Port reduced by 14.3% in 9 months
- 07.10.2015SEB reduces Estonia's economic growth forecast for 2015
- 07.10.2015Estonia looks for partner for postal company Omniva
- 07.10.2015Fall of cargo turnover of Estonian ports biggest in Baltic States in 8 months
- 07.10.2015Construction of the LNG distribution station in Klaipeda doesn’t require environmental impact assessment
- 07.10.2015Lithuanian-Belarusian Transport Forum: logistic sector is very important to development of relations
- 07.10.2015Ties with Switzerland enhance Lithuania's competitiveness
- 07.10.2015Lithuanian municipalities lack comprehensive approach to systemic issues
- 07.10.2015Klaipedos Nafta in September reloaded 393,000 tons of petroleum products
- 07.10.2015Estonian Public Broadcasting's new Russian TV channel popular among Estonians
- 07.10.2015Transiidikeskus handles by a fifth less containers in 9 months