Good for Business
Good for Business
500 to 1,000 new jobs will be created in Rezekne in the coming three years, as Rezekne Mayor Aleksandrs Bartasevics (Harmony Center) said in an interview with LETA.
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In 2014, 3,862 libraries (2,561 of them in educational establishments), 632 culture centres, 104 museums, 39 theatres, 7 state concert organisations, 28 cinemas and film halls operated in Lithuania, reports LETA/ELTA.
24.04.2015.Improving standard of living shifted Lithuania's economic structure towards advanced countries
24.04.2015.Estonian MFA in Poland: integration with Europe must be possible for Eastern Partnership countries
24.04.2015.European leaders agree on joint action to prevent mass deaths of refugees in the Mediterranean Sea
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The EU’s main concept of the Energy Union is based on providing Europeans with secure, competitive and sustainable energy. The Commission vice-president, Maroš Šefčovič describes the actions needed by the EU institutions and the member states to reach that goal.
Keyword tags: Energy, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Legislation
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The total volume of loans and leases to Estonian companies and households was 3% larger in March 2015 than a year earlier; the loan and lease portfolio increased by 43 million euros during the month to 15.3 billion euros, Estonia's central bank Eesti Pank said in its fresh financial sector statistics, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Loan, Markets and Companies, Real Estate
23.04.2015.Eesti Pank: incomes and savings of households increased faster in 2014 than their debt liabilities
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Saeima in Latvia decided in the final reading today to approve amendments to the Education Law, stipulating that the education institution must provide moral education for the student in compliance with constitutional values, such as marriage and family, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Law and Regulations, Legislation
14.04.2015.Pildegovics: investing in the education of future leaders is important long-term support for Latvia’s partner countries
10.04.2015.Facsimile of "Terra Mariana. 1186-1888" album presented by Latvia to Library of U.S. Congress
Baltic States: Opinion
Just recently my colleague Inga Latkovska and me have finished a research “Latvian PR sphere practitioners opinions monitor 2015”, which was held in cooperation with the Latvian Association of PR professionals, cv-online.lv and the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Latvia. In the survey of 250 Latvian PR specialists we have been able to make a slice of the sphere and to understand what the main trends are in the industry of public relations in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, Latvia, Markets and Companies
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Prosecutor General's Office in Latvia has opened a criminal case to determine what and who exactly was behind Latvia's non-participation in "Expo Milano 2015", but spending over EUR 1 million for it, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
10.04.2015.Iron Sky producer to teach cross-media campaigns and crowdfunding at filmmakers conference in Riga
- 24.04.2015Microenterprise tax in Latvia set at 9% for first 3 years after company is established
- 24.04.2015Grybauskaite: iIllegal immigration is not only Southern Europe's problem
- 24.04.201559% Latvian residents consider themselves happy
- 24.04.2015Latvian Saeima approves of higher excise tax on alcoholic beverages in principle
- 24.04.2015Lithuania guilty too for Norway's salmon consignment stuck at border with Russia
- 24.04.2015Latvian Saeima deputy Locmele-Lunova suspected of tax evasion
- 24.04.2015Lithuanian minors are prohibited from possessing tobacco products too
- 23.04.2015In March, level of producer prices in Latvian industry decreased by 0.1%
- 23.04.2015Lithuanian PM: dual citizenship problem should be solved in referendum
- 23.04.2015Estonian PM presented strategic challenges of the government to entrepreneurs
- 23.04.201569% inspected school catering companies fail to comply with food regulations in Latvia
- 23.04.2015Lithuania bans wearing separate elements of military uniform, insignia in public spaces
- 23.04.2015Computer hardware dealer Also Latvia increases turnover, but reduces profit in 2014
- 23.04.2015Latvia shows good results in the study Benefits and Privileges in Corporate Communication 2015
- 23.04.2015NIB to provide long-term loan to Lithuania for renovation of buildings
- 23.04.2015Latvian Interior Minister: taking in refugees should be voluntary for EU countries