Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, in July 2015 compared to July of the previous year, the retail sales of goods of retail trade enterprises increased by 9% at constant prices.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Good for Business, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that in the 2nd quarter of 2015, compared with the 1st quarter of 2015, gross domestic product (GDP) at constant prices, according to seasonally adjusted data, rose by 1.2%. Compared with the 2nd quarter of 2014, GDP rose by 2.7% both according to seasonally adjusted and seasonally unadjusted data.
31.08.2015.Because of the lack of several laws, Latvia failed to collect EUR 30 mln from the shadow economy
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Profit of Latvenergo Group increased by 46% in the first half-year 2015, whereas turnover fell 13%, according to the group's unaudited results for the first six months of 2015, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Energy, Investments, Latvia
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The insurance company Balta posted EUR 542,000 in profit in the first six months of 2015, LETA learned from the company.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Insurance, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Approximately 22,300 first-graders in Latvia will go to school for the first time on September 1, 2015, reports LETA, according to the Education and Science Ministry's estimates.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The annual "Gastronomy Festival" starts this week on August 26 and in the course of more than 10 days will take place at almost 60 restaurants, cafes, bars, patisseries, bakeries, and pizzerias in Latvia, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Foodstuff, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 31.08.2015Latvian MFA: EU must continue active implementation of Eastern Partnership initiative
- 31.08.2015Recorded on video how bag with possible money in it placed in trunk of Magonis' vehicle
- 31.08.2015Litgrid Group posts EUR 2.8 mln profit in H1
- 31.08.2015SEB Estonia: companies seeing sales decline, but hiring more people
- 31.08.2015Estonian millionaire Ossinovski acquainted with number of high-ranking Latvian officials
- 30.08.2015In Q2, average monthly gross wages and salaries in Latvia – 815 euros
- 30.08.2015Register of Enterprises refuses registration of Russia Today representation in Latvia
- 30.08.2015In July, retail trade turnover increased just by 0.3% in Latvia
- 30.08.2015GDP in Lithuania amounted to EUR 9 284.7 mln in Q2
- 29.08.2015Latin Americans most emotional in the world, Latvia at the end of the list
- 29.08.2015Prosecutor: Port of Tallinn corruption case includes investigation of money laundering
- 28.08.2015Prosecutor demands jail sentences for 3 defendants in a Latvenergo bribery case
- 28.08.2015The construction volumes have decreased for two years in Estonia
- 28.08.2015Latvijas Kugnieciba and its subsidiaries report 3.3% reduction in revenue in H1
- 28.08.2015Latvian Construction Control Office: 89% educational establishments are in excellent or good condition
- 28.08.2015Moody’s didn’t adjust Eesti Energia's credit rating