Good for Business
Good for Business
International credit rating agency Fitch Ratings has affirmed Latvia’s long-term local currency rating at A-, with a stable outlook, the Latvian Treasury said in a press release.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Good for Business, Rating
22.07.2016.LNK Properties will invest 7 mln euros in construction of a residential complex in Jurmala
21.07.2016.A Startup Wise Guys portfolio company Shipitwise in Estonia hits the 2,5 mln euro valuation
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Innovation pace in Europe is far from optimal: about half of the EU, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and other 11 states are “moderate innovators”; worst are only “modest innovators” in Bulgaria and Romania. Among leaders are only five states. Commission’s new scoreboard helps to assess areas in which the EU states need to concentrate their efforts in boosting innovation.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Innovations, Modern EU
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian fish processing company M.V.Wool AS is to export 200 tons of salmon worth around 2.3 million euros to Japan in the second half of 2016, informs LETA/BNS.
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
he Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC) has imposed a fine of EUR 305,000 on Latvijas Pasta Banka for the bank's failure to comply with requirements aimed at preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Security
23.07.2016.Latvian Constitutional Court opens several cases following complaints about solidarity tax
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Number of Latvian school students, who fail at centralized graduation exams twice as high as in 201530.06.2016.
The number of students who failed at high school centralized graduation exams this year – 234 – is twice as high as in 2015, as the National Center for Education told LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Society
29.06.2016.Subsidies to increase for 88% Latvian local governments as a result of teacher salary reform
Baltic States: Opinion
Currently, the attention of all those who work and conduct business in a united Europe is being paid to the behaviour of British authorities after Brexit. If the country withdraws from the EU, many thousands of companies incorporated in Britain are very likely to leave their legal motherland. And a certain share of this business can be bid for by Latvia.
Keyword tags: Banks, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
The largest telecommunications conference in the Baltic States Telco Trends will take place in Jurmala, in August20.07.2016.
Already after a month in Jurmala, will take place Telco Trends - the largest international telecommunications conference and exhibition in the Baltic States, which will bring together representatives of leading enterprises of electronic communications from more than 30 countries of the world, informs BC Natalya Vasilyeva, Telco Trends PR Director.
Keyword tags: Forum, Innovations, Latvia, Technology, Telecomunications
- 22.07.2016Paleichik's Luktarna to take over 73 of Lukoil Baltija's stations
- 22.07.2016Preilu Siers profit falls 29% in 2015
- 21.07.2016Lithuania's Litgrid searches for firm to do study for 2nd interconnection of LitPol Link
- 21.07.2016Orlen Lithuania's H1 net profit drops 12% in H1
- 20.07.2016Uber eyeing virtual identification of drivers already this year in Estonia
- 20.07.2016Economics Ministry proposes energy efficiency fee in Latvia
- 20.07.2016Foreigners own about 15% of Latvian agricultural land - farming association
- 20.07.2016LMT turnover increases 13.3% in H1
- 20.07.2016Cafe in Kuldiga closed down after food poisoning outbreak among foreign visitors
- 20.07.2016Riga to host international technology, lifestyle and start-up conference Digital Freedom Festival
- 20.07.2016EUR 1.7 mln to be invested in modernization of Sky&More shopping center in Riga
- 20.07.2016Latvijas Gaze should not expect any concessions during gas market liberalization
- 20.07.2016Decision on new head of Latvian State Revenue Service to be made next week; Kolegova remains sole candidate
- 19.07.2016Euronews launches a new, totally revamped version of its website, euronews.com
- 19.07.2016Wizz Air to launch flights from Vilnius to Grenoble next January
- 19.07.2016Estonian cheesemaker Estover boosts net profit by 11 pct