Good for Business
Good for Business
Britain's leading sports retailed Sports Direct will unveil its first shop in Latvia at the ''Olimpia'' shopping mall in Riga tomorrow, the shopping center's spokeswoman Zane Sulca informed LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Congratulating Ventspils residents with city's 725th anniversary, the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) has compiled characteristics of Ventspils in numbers.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Latvia, Real Estate, Society, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Lithuanian government is seeking to appoint technical, financial and legal advisers to assist in the development and implementation of Lithuanian airports concession project. Therefore, a public consultation regarding the advisory services for the concessions project has been announced, reported BC chief project manager for PPP Irmantas Butkauskas.
Keyword tags: Airport, Legislation, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Estonia's central bank Eesti Pank announced that changes to the Eesti Pank Act came into force on 19 May 2014 giving the central bank a clearer mandate than before to act as a macroprudential authority in Estonia, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
31.07.2015.Bank of Lithuania issues new licence to engage in non-life insurance activity after 14 years break
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The annual audit of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania is finished, Lithuania's National Audit Office reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
08.07.2015.EUR 9 mln to be spent on helping 5,000 young individuals out of school and work in Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
One of the most important ICT events in the Baltic State region will be held in Riga from August 10 to August 13, 2015: the fifth anniversary International Telecommunications Conference and Exhibition TELCO TRENDS 2015 will start at the hotel Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Technology, Telecomunications
17.07.2015.Journal: there were twice as many children on Mezaparks Stage than recommended by experts
- 31.07.2015Elering posts 5.5 mln euros loss in Q2
- 31.07.2015OEG acquired the business activity of Italian VLT slot operator
- 31.07.2015EU prolonging help for farmers hit by Russia food ban
- 31.07.2015Vejonis and Reizniece-Ozola discussed business environment in Latvia
- 31.07.2015Maxima Latvija achieved EUR 674.35 mln in turnover in 2014; profits down by 21%
- 31.07.2015Baltika's profit fell in Q2
- 31.07.2015Mail-order store Anttila closes Estonian operations
- 30.07.2015In Q2, GDP of Latvia rose by 1.2%
- 30.07.2015For the first time, statistics on the use of pesticides for separate agricultural cultures compiled in Latvia
- 30.07.2015Real GDP in Lithuania grew by 1.3% in Q2
- 30.07.2015Mayor: it will be impossible to accommodate refugees in Riga
- 30.07.2015Latvijas Pasts turnover increases, profit falls in 2014
- 30.07.2015Why Latvian State Police is spreading false information about Vashkevich’s case via media?
- 30.07.2015Latvian Reaton turns over EUR 37.44 mln in 2014
- 30.07.2015Kalvitis among candidates Latvijas Gaze CEO
- 30.07.2015Amendments in Lithuanian PPP regulatory framework will allow Unsolicited Proposals