Good for Business
Good for Business
The Lithuanian airline Air Lituanica expands its business in Belarus with agency Ticketing Airport Services Belarus becoming the official commercial representative of the company. The agency will be responsible for the distribution of Air Lituanica flight tickets on the Belarusian market and represent the company in terms of marketing and the market of tourism, the airline said in a statement, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Airport, Baltic States – CIS, Good for Business, Lithuania, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The European Parliament on Wednesday voted in favor of Jean-Claude Juncker's new European Commission, allowing it to start its new five-year term on November 1, 2014 as planned, informs AFP/LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas said in the parliament information hour on Wednesday that the main challenge of the oil shale industry is still the price of oil and Estonia cannot unfortunately influence that with environmental fees, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Energy, Estonia, Legislation, Oil
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Nordic banking group Nordea on Wednesday reported a 21% increase in third-quarter profit year-on-year, citing higher revenue from fees and commissions, reports LETA/DPA.
Keyword tags: Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services
20.10.2014.Russia discovers capital outflow caused by money transfers to Latvian and Estonian bank accounts
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The Lithuanian National Union of Students has presented their higher education vision, which sees Lithuania reducing the number of higher education institutions and universities by 2030, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Legislation, Lithuania
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Food Bank (Maisto Bankas) campaign in Lithuania which took place on Friday and Saturday saw record high contributions, the organisers say.
Keyword tags: Banks, Foodstuff, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 22.10.2014Latvia to send nine generators to Ukraine
- 21.10.2014Level of producer prices in September rose by 0.1% in Latvia
- 21.10.2014General government budget deficit in 2013 comprised 0.9% of GDP in Latvia
- 21.10.2014Grybauskaite: regional security – common interest of Baltic and Nordic countries
- 21.10.2014East Capital acquires Metro Plaza in Tallinn
- 21.10.2014EU to uphold sanctions on Russia
- 21.10.2014Latvian government approves of a new system for calculation of minimum income level
- 21.10.2014Rõivas: Estonia and Sweden share common views on Baltic Sea security
- 21.10.2014PM: State cannot afford to buy Latvijas Gaze shares from E.ON Ruhrgas
- 21.10.2014Premier Li's visit injects new vitality into China-Europe relations
- 21.10.2014Estonian Parliament adopted e-residency law
- 21.10.2014LNG carrier Independence will arrive to Lithuania next week
- 21.10.2014Latvian MFA urges clearer and stronger support to Eastern Partnership initiative countries
- 21.10.2014New HELCOM recommendation on Baltic aquaculture taking shape
- 21.10.2014Lithuanian EcoMin tells diplomats not to give in to Russia's economic pressure
- 21.10.2014Who are the winners of China's anti-corruption drive?