Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, in June 2015 compared to June of the previous year, the retail sales of goods of retail trade enterprises increased 10% at constant prices. Retail sales increased 6% in April and 8% in May compared to the same month of the previous year, whereas in June the retail sales growth accelerated even more.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Good for Business, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Congratulating Ventspils residents with city's 725th anniversary, the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) has compiled characteristics of Ventspils in numbers.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Latvia, Real Estate, Society, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
At his meeting with representatives of the Estonian Service Industry Association on July 28th, Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas said that the Government is firmly committed to developing both the business environment and competitiveness, and that he greatly appreciates the support of entrepreneurs and their willingness to engage in the process, reports BC governmental press service.
Keyword tags: Business, Estonia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Technology
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In the first six months of the year 2015, the consolidated budget had a EUR 217.5 million surplus, however, tax revenue was EUR 9.9 million lower than planned, the Finance Ministry's representatives told LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia, Taxation
31.07.2015.Bank of Lithuania issues new licence to engage in non-life insurance activity after 14 years break
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The annual audit of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania is finished, Lithuania's National Audit Office reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
08.07.2015.EUR 9 mln to be spent on helping 5,000 young individuals out of school and work in Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
The BC magazine starts a new publication series written by Eugene Eteris, the BC’s international editor, who is also teaching at the European Studies Faculty in RSU, Latvia. For more than two decades, prof. Eugene Eteris has been involved in the European policy’s research publishing extensively on contemporary European problems.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
One of the most important ICT events in the Baltic State region will be held in Riga from August 10 to August 13, 2015: the fifth anniversary International Telecommunications Conference and Exhibition TELCO TRENDS 2015 will start at the hotel Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Technology, Telecomunications
17.07.2015.Journal: there were twice as many children on Mezaparks Stage than recommended by experts
- 31.07.2015Vejonis and Reizniece-Ozola discussed business environment in Latvia
- 31.07.2015Maxima Latvija achieved EUR 674.35 mln in turnover in 2014; profits down by 21%
- 31.07.2015Baltika's profit fell in Q2
- 31.07.2015Mail-order store Anttila closes Estonian operations
- 30.07.2015For the first time, statistics on the use of pesticides for separate agricultural cultures compiled in Latvia
- 30.07.2015Real GDP in Lithuania grew by 1.3% in Q2
- 30.07.2015Mayor: it will be impossible to accommodate refugees in Riga
- 30.07.2015Latvijas Pasts turnover increases, profit falls in 2014
- 30.07.2015Why Latvian State Police is spreading false information about Vashkevich’s case via media?
- 30.07.2015Kalvitis among candidates Latvijas Gaze CEO
- 30.07.2015Amendments in Lithuanian PPP regulatory framework will allow Unsolicited Proposals
- 30.07.2015Dombrovskis: Greece must evaluate sustainability of defense costs
- 30.07.2015Lithuania's development level is rising and EU's support will decrease after 2020
- 30.07.2015Lithuanian PM wants a new shale gas bid
- 30.07.2015Third Estonian convicts are in prison for at least the fourth time
- 30.07.2015Universal electricity service user numbers are decreasing in Estonia