Good for Business
Good for Business
Turnover of Vilniaus Baldai, a company engaged in furniture production, during period 2014 April-June was LTL 48.6 million (EUR 14 million), same period year 2013, it was LTL 33.1 million (EUR 9.6 million), said the company in a statement, informs ELTA/LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Good for Business, Lithuania
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Estonia launches the Foreign Visitors Survey at the border crossing points of Estonia, informs ELTA/LETA.
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Martins Tols, former director of the State Revenue Service's Customs Administration, has been appointed chairman of the board at the state-owned joint-stock company "Valsts nekustamie ipasumi" (State Real Estate, VNI), informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Real Estate, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
RIGAThe government decided during a closed meeting on Tuesday to offer the U.S. fund Ripplewood Holdings an exclusive opportunity to analyze for a period of one month buying Citadele for EUR 113 million. This is the smallest amount at which the government can sell the bank without incurring losses for the state, informs LETA reffering to the Latvian State Television's broadcast Panorama.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The pocket-sized reference book provides information about the economic indicators of Estonian agriculture, agricultural land use, the area and yield of field crops and fruit and berry plantations, the number and production of livestock, and the use of mineral and organic fertilisers. Comparisons with previous years ensure a thorough overview of the development of Estonian agriculture. The information is presented as tables and diagrams.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Book review, Economics, Estonia
Baltic States: Opinion
Economy Minister Vjaceslavs Dombrovskis (Reform Party) told Latvian Television this morning that there is a real possibility that Russia's response to the EU sanctions in Latvia could affect the food and transit industries, informs NOZARE.LV/LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Foodstuff, Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
III international conference Baltic Sea Freight Market and Ports will take place at 22-23rd of September 2014, Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, Latvia.
Keyword tags: Forum
22.07.2014.The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference
- 31.07.2014Lithuanian Co Apranga Group's H1 profit rises 4.7%
- 31.07.2014Estonian Elering earns 10 mln euros in Q2
- 31.07.2014In Estonia the growth in retail sales accelerated to some extent in June
- 31.07.2014In Estonia in June, the increase in industrial production continued
- 31.07.2014Unemployment rate in Lithuania at 10.5% in June
- 31.07.2014Prime Minister of Latvia: Freezing magazine Ir assets is an attack on freedom of speech
- 30.07.2014One of Sudraba's "locomotives" exits party
- 30.07.2014Poland and Baltic states agree on joint measures to combat spread of African swine fever
- 30.07.2014In Latvia in June retail trade experienced annual increase of 2.8%
- 30.07.2014Lithuania's GDP up 3% in Q2
- 30.07.2014Profit of Lithuanian Co Grigiskes Group grew two time in H1
- 30.07.2014"GlaxoSmithKline Latvia" achieved EUR 17.17 million in turnover last year
- 30.07.2014''Karavela'' increases profits by 62% this year
- 30.07.2014Modernizing transport: European priority
- 30.07.2014EUR 275.9 million surplus in state budget at the end of H1
- 29.07.2014In Estonia electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing grew last year