Good for Business
Good for Business
With the National Culture Council looking at 26 nominees for the inaugural presentation of the Award of Distinction, three were singled out for the honor in Latvia, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, Forum, Good for Business, Latvia
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Investor Confidence Index for Lithuania (ICIL) survey indicates increasing investor confidence in Lithuanian business environment. The upward trend has remain solid throughout the year and the overall index value reached 1.181 (out of maximum value of 2) in the last quarter of 2014. The positive expectations came through even despite the unpredictable geopolitical situation in Eastern Europe, reported BC ICIL press service.
Keyword tags: Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Investments, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
22.11.2014.Lithuania and EU didn‘t support Russia's resolution at UN which attempts to manipulate history
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The interim financial result for joint-stock Latvijas Kugnieciba (Latvian Shipping Company, LK) and its subsidiaries (LSC Group) for the nine months of 2014 resulted in a net loss of USD 14.17 million, which is USD 10.47 million less compared to the respective period in 2013, according to the company's financial report submitted to the ''Nasdaq'' Riga Stock Exchange, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Energy, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Transport
21.11.2014.Completing Europe: from the North-South Corridor to energy, transportation and telecommunications union
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Estonian Riigikogu completed the second reading of the 2015 state budget bill on Wednesday, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Edward Lucas, one of the most prominent British columnists analysing geopolitical situation in the Eastern Europe, has been awarded Vytautas Magnus University (VDU) Honorary Doctorate. The ceremony took place on 20 November, the university said in a press release.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
30.10.2014.Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
During his visit to Lithuania, Edward Lucas, one of the most prominent British columnists analysing geopolitical situation in the Eastern Europe, urged Lithuania to pay more attention to dissemination of its success stories and be more active in fight with the even smallest provocations of Russia in their early stages.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Around 200 cultural events will be organized during Latvia's Presidency of the Council of the European Union, as Selga Laizane, head of the Latvian Presidency's public diplomacy and culture program, said while presenting the cultural program for Latvia's presidency at the Riga Bourse Art Museum on Monday, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Culture, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, LIVE RIGA
- 21.11.2014Estonians like buying smarter TV sets
- 21.11.2014Canadian Parliamentary delegation visits Latvian MFA
- 21.11.2014One year passes since Maxima supermarket collapse in Zolitude
- 21.11.2014Riga Construction Board inspects about 4,000 buildings in January-September
- 21.11.2014Estonian government supports creating a Russian-language TV channel
- 21.11.2014Russia doesn’t see the possibility for ratification of border treaty now
- 21.11.2014Stoltenberg: Latvia will play important role in region's security in 2015
- 21.11.2014Vilnius funds its companies, not school or hospitals
- 21.11.2014PwC considers Estonia again a high tax burden state in 2014
- 21.11.2014Ministry: gas for heat producers in Lithuania to be 6-7% cheaper in 2015
- 21.11.2014Nearly half married couples in Lithuania have separate savings accounts
- 21.11.2014Lembergs still the richest family in Latvia in 2013
- 21.11.2014Riga Court unfreezes assets of Ir magazine's publisher
- 21.11.2014Putin's chief spokesman speaks of possible coup in Latvia
- 21.11.2014Electricity bourse NPS price fell by 6.4% in October
- 20.11.2014Number of Latvian students enrolled in vocational education institutions increases by 1.6% in 2014-2015