Good for Business
Good for Business
The 75.4 million euro funding by the European Commission and the Estonian government for buying new trains brought Estonian state-owned passenger train company Elron last year 68.6 million euros of profit, informs LETA reffering to Postimees.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Financial Services, Good for Business, Markets and Companies, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
During the Foreign Affairs Council meeting on 22 July in Brussels, the EU Ministers discussed the crisis in Ukraine that has significantly worsened after the tragic crash of the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 in Donetsk, the territory which is controlled by separatists, the MFA said, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Russia
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The new board at the joint-stock company "Pasazieru vilciens" (Passenger Train) decided today to halt the procurement of new trains for the company, saying that going on with the procurement deal would be damaging to the company's interests and financial situation, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Latvia, Markets and Companies, Railways, Transport
22.07.2014.Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma urges people not to transport meat outside territories hit by African swine fever
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Ministers at today's European Union's General Affairs Council gave final approval for Lithuania to join the eurozone on January 1, Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics announced on Wednesday, informs LETA/AFP.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Lithuania
22.07.2014.Two Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs employees suspected of corruption in Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Commission for long has been active in “digitalizing” European socio-economic spheres. Now it is the turn for greater openness. Numerous EU institutions urge the member states to open for greater public both the results of scientific research and work of public administration. There will soon be €80 million available for that openness under the EU’s new FI-WARE initiative.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States
Baltic States: Opinion
Russia's connection with the "Malaysia Airlines" passenger airplane crash in Ukraine has not yet been proven, thus it is too early to talk about new sanctions against Russia, "Itera Latvia" Director Juris Savickis said in an interview with the Latvian Television show "Rita panorama" today, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Ukraine
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Latvian Regulator will participate in the annual Energy Regulators Regional Association Conference22.07.2014.
On October 27-28, 2014, the 13th Energy Investment and Regulation Conference organised by the Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA) will take place in the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku. The Regulator as the authority responsible for regulation of the energy sector will represent Latvia providing up-to-date information about the energy sector in Latvia, reported office of Regulator in Latvia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Energy, Forum, Latvia
- 22.07.2014Ziemele ready to take Constitutional Court judge's post of Latvia
- 22.07.2014State of emergency declared in all border areas with Russia and Estonia
- 22.07.2014Social network "Draugiem.lv" drops out of top 3 most popular Latvian websites
- 21.07.2014Foreign Minister blacklists Russian singers Gazmanov, Kobzon and Valeriya
- 21.07.2014"AirDog" raises USD 1 million; will be provided with new feature
- 21.07.2014New EU Regional Policy: becoming more competitive and prosperous
- 21.07.2014Japan Business Federation visits the Freeport of Riga
- 21.07.2014The Free Port of Riga participates in the Development of Regulation of the European Parliament
- 21.07.2014"Philip Morris Latvia" turns over EUR 465,966 in 2013
- 21.07.2014Insufficient number of containers in Latvia hit by African swine fever
- 21.07.2014Drug wholesaler Recipe Plus turns over EUR 131.11 million in 2013
- 21.07.2014Pharmacists in Lithuania may be allowed to engage in prevention of diseases
- 21.07.2014Half Lithuanian drivers use non-hands-free telephones while driving - survey
- 21.07.2014Tallink sends Silja Europa to Australia
- 21.07.2014Baltika earns a profit in Q2
- 21.07.2014In June producer prices in Latvian industry grew by 0.6%