Good for Business
Good for Business
Data of Central Statistical Bureau show that, compared to June, the total retail trade turnover in July 2014 rose by 2.2%, according to seasonally adjusted data at constant prices. Both retail trade in food products and non-food products increased by 2.2%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Latest data compiled by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia show that, as compared to the corresponding periods of the previous year, average wages and salaries in the 2nd quarter of 2014 have risen slower than in the first quarter of this year.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Financial Services, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The growing value of electronic currency – bitcoin – attracts increasingly more users; that is why it is now possible to pay in bitcoins in Lithuania too. The aviation market is also open to innovations – as of now flight tickets for the Lithuanian airline Air Lituanica operated flights may be purchased with bitcoins, reported BC airline’s press service.
Keyword tags: Airport, Financial Services, Lithuania, Technology, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The asset management company Reverta (formerly Parex banka) has returned EUR 66.7 million to the State Treasury in the first six months of 2014, including a significant amount of debt before the term, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The controversial proposal to introduce mandatory exam in physics and chemistry for high school students, will be implemented in two years, Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma (Unity) said, cites LETA/Nozare.lv.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
18.08.2014.Union leader: Latvian parties running in election "have heard the grievances from educators"
Baltic States: Opinion
The number of Russian tourists in Europe has reduced by 30-40% due to the crisis in Ukraine, and this tendency will inevitably affect Latvia as well, CEO of the travel agency Baltic Travel Group Vlads Korjagins told LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Russia, Tourism
06.08.2014.Edgars Rinkevics:Including Donetsk and Luhansk ''republics'' on terrorist list would be a very strong signal
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
To honour the outstanding Swedish diplomat Dag Hammarskjöld and to highlight his humanitarian achievement and his fate, on September 18th the Swedish embassy in Riga, Publishing house Zvaigzne ABC and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga are hosting an international conference “Roadmarks. The longest journey is the journey inwards”, (SSE Riga, Soros Auditorium), reports Zvaigzne ABC.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia
- 29.08.2014Lithuanian schools receive new microbusses
- 29.08.2014Lithuanian Linas sales incomes in H1 stood at EUR 5.83 mln
- 28.08.2014Estonia and Northern Ireland concluded agreement on developing e-services
- 28.08.2014East Capital acquired Rimi Eesti Food logistics centre and headquarters building
- 28.08.2014Competition Board granted permission to Apollo for buying Solaris Cinema in Tallinn
- 28.08.2014Ministry projects Estonia’s economic growth to reach 2.5% in 2015
- 28.08.2014G4S Latvia consolidated turnover in 2013 – EUR 19.64 mln
- 28.08.2014Properties offered to non-residents in Latvia at inadequately high prices
- 28.08.2014Steinbuka: EU will not cover all Latvian farmers' losses
- 28.08.2014Steinbuka urges Latvian politicians to shelve ideas about tax cuts
- 28.08.2014Air Lituanica introduces autumn flight schedule
- 28.08.20141.295 mln Latvians and 0.583 mln Russians currently live in Latvia
- 28.08.2014E-Estonia Council aspires towards progress in real time economy
- 28.08.2014SEB banka also reduces Latvia's economic growth projection
- 28.08.2014Tax Board statistics indicate growing middle class in Estonia
- 28.08.2014Lithuanian businesses will find new markets if conditions are improved