Good for Business
Good for Business
The European Commission has opened a public consultation to collect views from citizens and businesses on the main policy options for developing an ambitious new approach on the “circular economy”. Stakeholders' input will help feed the preparation of the new European action plan, to be presented by the end of the year; the consultation will run until 20 August 2015.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Youth employment indicators continue to improve in Latvia, while situation among adults still indicates lower dynamics, this according to the director of the State Employment Agency, Inese Kalvane, in an interview with the LNT show "900 sekundes", cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, Employment, Latvia, Markets and Companies
29.05.2015.Riigikogu Speaker in Verkhovna Rada: supporting Ukraine is in the interests of the security of Europe
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Liepajas metalurgs investors so far have fulfilled all their payment obligations, said Finance Minister Janis Reirs (Unity) in an interview with the Latvian Television show "Rita panorama", reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Metals Market
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
In the first quarter of the year 2015, most credit unions made a profit to substantially improve their performance year on year; however, the quality of loans deteriorated. The ratio of specific provisions against loans, formed by credit unions, to loans increased, while non-performing loans, according to 1 April 2015 data, accounted for more than a fourth of total loans, reported BC the Bank of Lithuania.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Commission announced on May 28th that it is referring Estonia to the EU Court of Justice over its national law which does not provide sufficient protection against abuse arising from the use of successive fixed-term employment contracts or relationships in the academic sector, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Legislation
14.05.2015.Latvian and foreign experts to discuss EU’s and Russia’s “soft power” in the Baltic States and Eastern Neighbourhood
13.05.2015.Minister: Latvian schools with small number of pupils won’t be able to employ many teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with LETA, the former director of the Constitutional Protection Bureau Janis Kazocins said that if Russian President Vladimir Putin loses power, even darker times could fall on Russia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
12.05.2015.Kristalina Georgieva: Latvia is among five countries feeling the largest benefits from EU budget
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
President Dalia Grybauskaite opened Konrad Adenauer Foundation’s conference. In her welcome address, the President underlined that only a strong, dynamic and united EU can meet the expectations of its citizens and counterbalance the challenges faced, reports BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
- 28.05.2015In Q1, monthly gross wages in Latvia grew to 785 euros
- 28.05.2015Construction volumes in Estonia decreased by 3% in Q1
- 28.05.2015TeliaSonera: delay in merger between Lattelecom and LMT reduces their value
- 28.05.2015EU draft budget for 2016: stable payment at about € 143 bln
- 28.05.2015Estonian alcohol producer Linda Nektar to be listed at First North
- 28.05.2015PM Rõivas in Sweden: direct economic cooperation must continue
- 28.05.2015Air Lituanica initiates bankruptcy procedure
- 28.05.2015Bank of Lithuania: weight of export in GDP is increasing in 2015
- 28.05.2015Improving corporate taxation in the EU
- 28.05.2015Future vision: Estonia's Eastern border to be guarded only by drones
- 28.05.2015PM: Lithuania can accept only 30-40 refugees
- 28.05.2015Lipmans: layoffs at KVV Liepajas metalurgs are "clear extortion" by the company's owners
- 28.05.2015UN adopted a resolution drafted by Lithuania on the protection of journalists
- 28.05.2015Saeima re-elects Bickovics as Latvian Supreme Court chief justice
- 28.05.2015Latvian cultural institutions cooperate with the Google Cultural Institute platform
- 28.05.2015Lithuania and Oman strengthen cooperation in ICT