Good for Business
Good for Business
Cargo ship Sea Wind, which is owned by AS Tallink Grupp, starts its operations on Tallinn-Vuosaari route on 8th of January 2015. The ship will be under Estonian flag and the crew will consist of Estonian seamen, reports BC port’s press service.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Good for Business, Legislation, Port, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to the data of the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia (CSB) compared to October producer prices in industry in November 2014 dropped by 0.1%. In November compared to November of the previous year, the average level of producer prices in the Latvian industry remained the same.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Industry, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Competition Council in Latvia has decided to change several binding rules formerly imposed on broadcaster MTG Broadcasting AB (MTG), allowing the company to change cooperation terms in regard to the placement of classic advertisements by its clients.
Keyword tags: Advertising, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The European Commission has confirmed its opinion on the updated draft budgetary plan of Latvia for 2015, the Finance Ministry informed the press representatives, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The European Humanities University (EHU) was honored to host seven distinguished candidates who were invited to campus as finalists for the position of University Rector this week.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania
15.12.2014.Stages of formation and development of the civil institutions of the society in Uzbekistan
Baltic States: Opinion
As Estonia unveiled the world’s first e-residency in December 2014, the first steps were taken to creating a regulated and organised identification process purely for Internet users. The scheme, designed to provide willing participants with an online identity that is recognised by the Estonian state and embedded in a physical chipped card, does not give participants any actual legal citizenship. However, the e-residency can act like a legitimate proof of identity online, thereby potentially streamlining legal, bureaucratic and financial procedures.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Internet, Legislation, Technology
26.11.2014.Dauksts: Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientist or official from Latvia
25.11.2014.U.S. analyst points to Nuland's statement that "Americans are prepared to die for Latvia"
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The government decided today to spend EUR 1.6 million to cover additional costs for the national pavilion at "World Expo 20`15" in Milan, according to information acquired by LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Forum, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
05.12.2014.International conference in Lithuania to discuss economic transformation based on innovation
- 19.12.2014Grybauskaite: EU economy needs new investments
- 19.12.2014Estonian MFA: no need to keep Estonian ship guards in India
- 19.12.2014Berzins: EU has a desire to see Kyrgyzstan as a democratic country
- 18.12.2014Sharp reduction in number of Russian tourists visiting Latvia at end-2014
- 18.12.2014Putin: Russia is on right macroeconomic track
- 18.12.2014439,500 people emigrated from Lithuania in 2004-2013
- 18.12.2014Danske: Latvia’s GDP growth in 2015 will be stronger than Lithuania’s
- 18.12.2014Amendments to Insolvency Law in Latvia postponed until March 1
- 18.12.2014MFA: good relations with Poland are Lithuania's strategic interest
- 18.12.2014Estonian government increases immigration quota
- 18.12.2014Liepajas metalurgs not to resume production in 2014
- 18.12.2014Mayor: Saeima decision against state subsidies for public transport a "spit in face for residents of Riga"
- 18.12.2014Plavins: current demographic policy will make Latvians a minority
- 18.12.2014Lithuanian and China discussed possibilities for closer political and economic cooperation
- 18.12.2014Alstom interested in Latvian railroad electrification and Rail Baltica
- 18.12.2014Estonia records EU's steepest increase in labor costs in Q3