Good for Business
Good for Business
At the end of 2014, Ventspils City Council accepted the Ventspils information and communication technology (ICT) sector development strategy and action plan for 2014 – 2020. Various ICT sector stakeholders – Latvian higher education institutions, municipal and ICT support organisations of Ventspils, as well as more than twenty local and international ICT companies, incl. TestDevLab, DPA, Microsoft, IBM and others were involved in the Strategy development, reports Ventspils High Technology Park.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Good for Business, Latvia, Technology
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Almost one-third or 30% of Latvians who live abroad are not planning to come back, according to a survey of 14,068 Latvians living in 118 countries, the largest such survey to date, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Society
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian president: governments should pursue positive vision and contribute to digital development of states26.01.2015.
Estonian President, Toomas Hendrik Ilves, took part in high-level panels that focused on digital development and geopolitics at the World Economic Forum in Davos. The Estonian Head of State met with the leaders of several global technology enterprises within the framework of the World Economic Forum, such as Kudelski Group, Google and Cisco; he also met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada, John Baird, reports BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Technology
26.01.2015.De facto: Volkswagen dealerships allegedly organized tenders on behalf of officials in Latvia
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
481 counterfeit euro banknotes were discovered in Estonia last year, of which 249 in the second half of the year, Estonia’s central bank Eesti Pank announced, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
QS World University Rankings has published a list of the best universities in the region of emerging Europe and central Asia, Vilnius University is in TOP-50, reports BC university’s press service.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania, Rating
22.12.2014.Latvian education minister: impossible to increase salaries for all teachers from September
Baltic States: Opinion
CSR Latvia is CSR Europe’s second Baltic national partner. In this interview, Agnese Alksne, Chairwoman of the Board of CSR Latvia, outlines what they as a stakeholder network see as current CSR trends and challenges in Latvia and the Baltics; and comments on the upcoming Latvian EU presidency.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
26.11.2014.Dauksts: Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientist or official from Latvia
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
"Expo 2015" limited partnership may have to pay back the money it has been paid for the development of the Latvian pavilion at the "World Expo 2015" fair in Milan, Economy Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola (Greens/Farmers) told the press representatives on January 23rd, reports LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Legislation, Real Estate
- 26.01.2015Latvian AgriMin: no additional EU Commission funds for dairy producers
- 26.01.2015Estonian dairy producers would sell a quarter cheese production to Japan
- 24.01.2015Trade Unions: Ida-Virumaa needs urgent help
- 23.01.2015Important information for foreigners with permanent residence permits in Latvia
- 23.01.2015President: Qatar could become important export market for Latvian farmers and food producers
- 23.01.2015Milk quotas likely to be exceeded 1% in Latvia; applicable fine – EUR 2 mln
- 23.01.2015In November, Lithuania's prices of exported goods down by 2.9%, imported – 5.1%
- 23.01.2015Lithuanian PM has no doubts about heating sector reforms
- 23.01.2015Lithuanian president submits law amendments regarding residence permits
- 23.01.2015Swedbank: effects of Russian crisis on companies smaller than expected in Estonia
- 23.01.2015Estonian government approved joining European Space Agency
- 23.01.2015Latvia works with the Economic and Social Committee in bringing the EU closer to its citizens
- 23.01.2015Lithuania is approaching its waste management target
- 23.01.2015Switzerland is interested in making further investments in Latvia
- 23.01.2015Latvian Saeima to review legislation on restitution of several Jewish properties
- 23.01.2015MFA Pentus-Rosimannus opened the new Estonian Embassy building in Beijing