Good for Business
Good for Business
A Public Private Partnership (PPP) project to reconstruct the A14 Vilnius-Utena highway has received approval from the European Investment Bank (EIB) and is set to receive financing from the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI). The total sum of the loan is to be capped at EUR 40 million and will have a 12 year term, Invest Lithuania informs BC.
Keyword tags: Business, Construction, Cooperation, Financial Services, Funds, Good for Business, Lithuania, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
This fall has been marked by numerous “jubilees”: 25th anniversary of restored Baltic States’ independence, re-opening of Nordic-Baltic diplomatic relations and flourishing of public diplomacy. The three Baltic States’ ambassadors in Denmark shared their views with the BC’s international editor on the countries’ present and further steps in streamlining mutual relations.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Modern EU
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Majority of guests utilizing healthcare services at Latvia's resort cities are from Russia, Belarus and Scandinavia27.09.2016.
The majority of guests utilizing healthcare services at Latvia's resort cities are from Russia, Belarus and Scandinavia, however, there is also an increase in the number of medical tourists from other countries as well, the chairwoman of the Latvian Association of Resort Cities Gunta Uspele told LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Medicine, Tourism
26.09.2016.Estonia's Olympic Entertainment Group exits Belarusian market and freezes operations in Poland
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The non-bank lender 4finance announced on Monday that its Swedish subsidiary, 4finance AB, had received approval from the Finansinspektionen, the Swedish financial supervisory authority, for its consumer credit company license, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Funds, Loan, Markets and Companies
23.09.2016.Estonia has received more direct investment than many other newer members of the European Union
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Valmiera town in north-eastern Latvia has been admitted to the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC) that was created to jointly look for solutions to globalization, urbanization, demographic problems and other urban development challenges of the 21st century, writes LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia
Baltic States: Opinion
The macroeconomic indicators available at this time unfortunately confirm our previously expressed concern: the Latvian economy is cooling down. The year 2016, in all likelihood, will be the year with the lowest growth since the crisis, reports in Forecasts of Latvijas Banka.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, GDP, Inflation, Latvia, Statistics
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Modern Italian artist, Daniele Donde (Dondé), famous around the world for his new approach in “glamorous art” has been in Riga (17-25 September) showing his pictures in a couple of city’s galleries. Visiting his exhibition in the Pullman Hotel, BC’s editor shares with readers fascination from the maestro’s invention, the so-called Glam Art.
12.09.2016.International Council for Exploration of the Sea annual conference to take place in Riga next week
- 23.09.2016Estonian ridesharing service Taxify expands to Kiev
- 23.09.2016A quarter of natgas imported from Lithuania in August
- 23.09.2016Apple iPhone 7 smart-phones go on sale in Latvia from today
- 23.09.2016Lithuanian bankrupt Snoras bank's building in Tallinn sold for EUR 1.3 mln
- 22.09.201626% of SMEs in Latvia in very poor financial situation
- 22.09.2016The Pindstrup Group opens the wood fiber plant in the Baltics
- 22.09.2016Google the most favorite brand in Latvia this year
- 22.09.2016Latvia’s Valmieras Stikla Skiedra fiberglass company sells 33% stake in Valmiera Glass USA Corp to parent company
- 22.09.2016Estonian financial watchdog makes proposal to regulate crowdfunding
- 22.09.2016HansaMatrix high-tech company plans to close year with higher turnover
- 22.09.2016The new EUR 50 banknote will need cash handling equipment to be upgraded
- 21.09.2016The level of producer prices in Latvian industry increased by 0.6%
- 21.09.2016Volume of foreign direct investment in Latvia shrinking fast
- 21.09.2016European Commission scraps time limit on free mobile roaming plan
- 21.09.2016Estonia to allow bank account to be opened without going to bank
- 21.09.2016Lithuania's Civinity expanding to Latvia