Good for Business
Good for Business
A Vilnius court has given the green light to the state energy group Lietuvos Energija (Lithuanian Energy) to continue the construction of a new biomass and waste-fired cogeneration plant in the capital, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Construction, Energy, Energy Market, Good for Business, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
he Indian Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of an agreement between India and Estonia on the transfer of sentenced persons, the Business Standard reported on Thursday, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Security, Transport
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Sales of the Estonian beverage maker A. Le Coq in the first nine months of the year grew 3.7% to 61.7 mln euros and the beverages sold by the company increased 0.3% to 97 mln liters, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Alcohol, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Markets and Companies
26.10.2016.We need to see business plan before approving any state aid to DLRR train engine company - Latvian PM
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Asked about the size of the costs that former Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves will be compensated for under a decision made by the government on Thursday, Prime Minister Taavi Roivas said he believes that the amount to be compensated will be in the same range as that of ex-president Arnod Ruutel, or approximately 150,000 euros a year, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Society
27.10.2016.Invest Lithuania to evaluate investor attractiveness of infrastructure projects thanks to new role
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The study defines a new concept of "exploitative sham marriages" and proposes recommendations for their reduction25.10.2016.
The results of the project "Preventing human trafficking and sham marriages: A multidisciplinary solution" (HESTIA)* were presented at the dissemination briefing organised by the Ministry of the Interior (MoI). The main goal of the project initiated in January 2015 and co-funded by the European Union (EU) "Prevention of and Fight Against Crime" programme was to seek correlations and explore the phenomenon of sham marriages in the context of human trafficking and to propose comprehensive action for their prevention.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Law and Regulations, Legislation, Security, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
Several years ago "economics guru" could argue that economic growth is hindered by "expensive money". Nowadays, with historically low interest rates and Latvian commercial banks literally rolling in money (having 3 billion euro on corresponding accounts with Latvijas Banka), the economic growth is indeed weak. Despite the fact that politicians have been mentioning the word "reforms" for years and the need to address bottlenecks in crucial sectors is obvious to everyone, little is being done in reality, and the majority of true reforms die out because of red tape.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Budget, Education and Science, Financial Services, Latvia, Medicine, Statistics
20.10.2016.Demography to have most significant effect on Baltic real estate market in following years
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On the 21st of October, 2016 in the Baltic International Academy (BIA), with the support of Taiwan’s mission in the Latvian Republic was held the International scientific conference “Perspectives of Development of Economic Cooperation between the Baltic States and the East Asia.”
Keyword tags: Cooperation, Culture, Education and Science, Latvia
21.10.2016.Global cybersecurity experts and the IBM Watson's artificial intelligence robot will visit Riga
12.10.2016.The 12 Latvian companies that Twino will be taking to Europe’s leading start-up festival Slush have been selected
- 25.10.2016Latvia's Augstsprieguma Tikls transmission operator plans to raise tariffs
- 25.10.2016Riga Black Balsam Global Cocktail Challenge 2016 will host 60 leading world bartenders in Riga
- 25.10.2016Latvia's DLRR train engine repair company asks government guarantees for provision of bank credit
- 24.10.2016Russian actor Dmitry Pevtsov blacklisted in Latvia
- 24.10.2016Several police officers in Latvia face disciplinary probe over purchase of motor vehicles not compliant with required emissions standards
- 24.10.2016Eesti Energia wants 20% market share in household gas market
- 24.10.2016Latvian transit corridor has chances to attract additional 9 mln tons of cargo
- 24.10.2016House rent income tax should be halved in Estonia
- 24.10.2016“Integrating” energy sector: improving Baltic’s energy security with the EU’s grants
- 24.10.2016Presidential Chancery in Latvia to launch new web-page
- 24.10.2016Karbauskis: I am convinced Lithuania's president understands nation's will
- 24.10.2016Tallinn airport eyeing growth in air freight volumes
- 24.10.2016Estonian public broadcaster wins Best European Radio Fiction award
- 24.10.2016More than 60% of employees in Latvia are dissatsified with their wage
- 24.10.2016Eesti Energia and Outotec exploring Chinese and Burmese oil shale
- 24.10.2016New urban agenda for Europe and the world