Good for Business
Good for Business
Finland's Finnair, Latvia's Air Baltic, Russia's Aeroflot and Germany's Lufthansa were the top users of Lithuanian airspace in 2016, according to figures from Oro Navigacija (Air Navigation), writes LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Airport, Good for Business, Lithuania
23.02.2017.Manchester Mercantile court rules in favour of Baltic International Bank to pay him almost half a million pounds from the Oyston family
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
The Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Latvia Hanan Khalfan Obaid Ali Al Madhani was departing from the Riga airport when she was subjected to the security check, not arriving as previously reported by the press, Riga International Airport said LETA.
Keyword tags: Airport, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Law and Regulations, Legislation
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Latvian Health Ministry’s deputy state secretary Egita Pole temporarily has been appointed the board chairwoman of the Riga Eastern University Hospital, the hospital’s representative Aija Lietina reported LETA/BNS.
20.02.2017.UPB and Re&Re the only construction companies that meet requirements for building Liepaja Prison
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
A tax reform that is being planned for Latvia could be based on increasing capital gains tax and reducing labor taxes, reports LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Labour-market, Latvia, Taxation
16.02.2017.Latvian Agriculture Ministry sets up task force to analyze opportunities for reducing VAT on food
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The committee for the election of the rector of the University of Tartu on Monday registered incumbent rector Volli Kalm and Professor Margit Sutrop as candidates for the election to be held at the end of next month.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia
27.01.2017.AmCham Latvia supports openness of higher education systems and participation in international scientific processes
Baltic States: Opinion
A simultaneous decrease in unemployment rate and number of employed at the end of 2016 may seem illogical, yet only at a first glance. In fact, the situation in the labour market continues to improve according to expectations.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Labour-market, Latvia
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
On Saturday, the Third International Conference dedicated to the world trade in grains will start in Dubai. Rietumu Bank representatives will participate in panel discussions. Within the framework of the conference, the largest exhibition of food industry of the Persian Gulf will be held - Gulfood 2017
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Foodstuff, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
08.02.2017.Blockchain will fundamentally transform exchange business – Funderbeam CEO Kaidi Ruusalepp
06.02.2017.5 blockchain applications in Fintech. IBM leading engineer will speak at Tallinn conference
02.02.2017.A special conference is organised to debate the role of strategic thinking and possible problem solving in state and business affairs
- 23.02.2017Rietumu Has Started Cooperation with the Leading German Platform for Placement of Deposits
- 23.02.2017Nord Stream 2 Awards Pipelay Contract to Allseas
- 23.02.2017Commission launches European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2017
- 22.02.2017Estonia has one of best performing labor markets in EU
- 22.02.2017Latvian corruption watchdog closes so-called oligarch case
- 22.02.2017HKScan to increase exports from N Estonia's Rakvere plant to New Zealand
- 22.02.2017Latvia's Jan annual inflation among EU's highest
- 22.02.2017Lithuanian energmin to ask about Latvian stance on Astravyets
- 22.02.2017Sweden's Ikea owns 38,000 hectares of forest in Baltic states
- 22.02.2017Health for all at every stage of life: SDGs in practice
- 21.02.201739% of residents would leave Latvia in case of Russian invasion
- 21.02.2017Government considers suing Grindex shareholders over sale of the company's state-owned shares
- 21.02.2017M. Kučinskis and Brexit Minister agree on inviolability of interests of Latvia's residents working in UK
- 21.02.2017UniPark buys Citypark Eesti
- 21.02.2017Electricity consumption in Lithuania: highest in a quarter of a century
- 21.02.2017Municipal water supplier sells HQ in Vilnius' Old Town for EUR 3.9 mln