Good for Business
Good for Business
The government of Latvia decided yesterday to allot EUR 9.9 million to consolidation of scientific centers and facilitating their excellence, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Good for Business, Investments, Latvia, Legislation
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in the 3rd quarter of 2014, the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 977 euros and the average hourly gross wages and salaries were 5.89 euros. Compared to the 3rd quarter of 2013, the average monthly gross wages increased by 5.0% and the average hourly gross wages by 5.6%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Financial Services, Markets and Companies, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Seimas in Lithuania has adopted amendments to the Law on Excise Duty (draft No. XIIP-2382(2) under urgent procedure. As a result, starting with 1 March 2015, higher excise duty rates will apply to beer, wine and other fermented beverages, intermediate products, ethyl alcohol, cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, reports BC Seimas’ press service.
Keyword tags: Alcohol, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Taxation
26.11.2014.Lithuanian PM: employees of Tourism Department not to blamed over travel agency's bankruptcy
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Seimas has returned for the Government's reconsideration the draft Law on the Approval of 2015 Financial Indicators of the State Budget and Municipal Budgets, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The government and Unity have not promised any salary rises for teachers next year, Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma (Unity) told LTV television this morning, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Wages
30.10.2014.Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
As retaliation for blacklisting Russian political Konstantin Simonov, Russia could in the near future blacklist a political scientists or official from Latvia in a tit-for-tat move, political observer Karlis Dauksts told LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
25.11.2014.U.S. analyst points to Nuland's statement that "Americans are prepared to die for Latvia"
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Propaganda from the Kremlin creates a parallel reality, Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves said in the opening panel of the Halifax International Security Forum where he spoke about the threats that the crisis in Ukraine and Russia's aggression pose for the values common to liberal democracy, such as free elections, a state based on the rule of law and human rights, reported BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Forum, Legislation, Security, Technology, USA
- 25.11.2014Social protection expenditure in Latvia increased by 6.1% in 2013
- 25.11.2014In 2013, the largest increase in nominal GDP per capita observed in Vilnius and Kaunas counties
- 25.11.2014OECD: stagnant eurozone poses major risk to world growth
- 25.11.2014Linava: tightened Lithuanian vehicle inspection will be temporary
- 25.11.2014Government replaces several members of Ventspils, Liepaja and Riga port boards
- 25.11.2014Divorce from a foreigner in Latvia – it has become easier
- 25.11.2014Latvia and Pakistan look at opportunities for promoting cooperation
- 25.11.2014Estonian MFA: we want close security cooperation with Sweden
- 25.11.2014No changes in traffic situation at Lithuanian-Russian border
- 25.11.2014Minister: gas from LNG terminal could be supplied to Ukraine from 2018
- 25.11.2014Lithuanian health care institutions to receive additional funding
- 25.11.2014Eesti Raudtee is likely to end the year 2014 with 4 mln euros loss
- 25.11.2014Lithuanian EcoMin promises to improve business environment
- 25.11.2014Mikser: Estonia and Sweden have similar perception of security
- 25.11.2014Lithuanian Culture Centre opens in Belgium
- 25.11.2014Latvian AgriMin: EU Commission's EUR 7.7 will be given to dairy producing companies only