Good for Business
Good for Business
According to Statistics Estonia, in September 2014, the production of industrial enterprises rose by 4% compared to September of the previous year. The production increased in manufacturing, but decreased in mining and energy.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Good for Business, Industry, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The euro area seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.5% in September 2014, stable compared with August 2014, but down from 12.0% in September 2013, Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union informs, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Employment, EU – Baltic States, Labour-market
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Estonian state-owned port operator Tallinna Sadam concluded contracts with shipyards Remontowa Shipbuilding and Sefine Shipyard for building four new ferries for the routes between the Estonian mainland and biggest islands; each shipyard will build two ferries, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Legislation, Port, Transport
31.10.2014.Matiss' priorities – straightening out roads and reducing operational costs at Pasazieru vilciens
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Estonian Krediidipank banking concern announced that it earned 477,000 euros of profit in the first nine months of the year 2014, by 100,000 euros less than at the same time last year, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers30.10.2014.
One of the main priorities of education and science minister candidate in Latvia Marite Seile will be the attraction and quality preparation of teachers, she told members of the press yesterday, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Latvia, Legislation
16.10.2014.MP Pimenovs believes that dual-language schools could facilitate integration of Latvian youth
Baltic States: Opinion
On September 30th in Riga, the Embassy of China in Latvia made a reception on the occasion of the 65th National Day of the P.R.C. BC publicizes the speech of the ambassador Yang Guoqian, which was kindly presented by the Embassy’s press service.
Keyword tags: China, Direct Speech, Forum, Latvia, Legislation
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The Lithuania-Belarus economic forum will be held in Mogilev on November 4-5, the Belarusian news agency BelTA reports, cites LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
- 31.10.2014Estonia's electricity production grew 6% in September
- 31.10.2014One more rally held to save Riga's Lucavsala
- 30.10.2014Latvia’s GDP grew by 0.4% in Q3
- 30.10.2014In September, retail trade turnover in Latvia decreased by 0.3%
- 30.10.2014Teterevs and ABLV to sponsor the construction of Museum of Contemporary Art in Riga
- 30.10.2014Latvian Saeima rejects proposal to increase salaries for ministers
- 30.10.2014More than 20,000 Latvian citizens were born outside Latvia in 10 years
- 30.10.2014Latvian Saeima passes stricter 'no smoking' rules
- 30.10.2014Heating debts of Latvia's largest cities 28% smaller in 2014
- 30.10.2014Barroso: without EU enlargement, Russia would have gobbled up Bulgaria and Baltics
- 30.10.2014Tallinna Sadam earns 34 mln euros of profit in 9 months
- 30.10.2014Sinkevicius: Rail Baltica should be a priority in allocating funds
- 30.10.2014Estonian government appoints Lavly Perling as new Prosecutor General
- 30.10.2014In 9 months, transhipmrnts of Ventspils nafta subsidiaries were stable
- 30.10.2014Lithuanian oil producers about price drop
- 30.10.2014EcoMin candidate promises to reassess support for thermal power stations in Latvia