Good for Business
Good for Business
Today Katoen Natie, a Belgian company and one of the largest logistics firms in the world, opened a 25,000 square meters large warehouse complex for the management of goods to be directed to Russia and the CIS in Muuga, which, among other things, stands for the start of operations of Port of Tallinn Muuga industrial park, reported BC the Port of Tallinn.
Keyword tags: Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Logistics, Port, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
PMs of Latvia and the Czech Republic see opportunities to increase economic cooperation between countries17.05.2013.
On May 17, during the meeting of Prime Minister of Latvia Valdis Dombrovskis and Prime Minister of the Czech Republic Petr Nečas, both officials shared the opinion that the relations of the two countries should focus on increasing mutual trade and exchange in investments, informs BC press secretary to the Prime Minister Mārtiņš Panke.
Keyword tags: Economics, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Investments, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies
17.05.2013.Lithuania registers Europe's third smallest decrease in new automobile registrations in April
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Danube Region covers the territory of 8 EU countries (Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Romania) and six non-EU countries (Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Ukraine and Moldova). Since 2011, the Commission assists the region in overcoming existing social, economic and environmental problems.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Markets and Companies
17.05.2013.Simmermann: Rail Baltica project could be economically viable thanks to cargo shipments from Finland
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Lithuanian state budget collects around LTL 25 billion (EUR 7.25 billion) every year. A significant share of it is an income tax. Both last year and this year (2012 and 2013) around LTL 1.2 billion (EUR 348 million) of it will be collected, informs LETA/ELTA, referring to Respublika.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Loan, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
The U.S. Embassy in Latvia has announced the launch of this year’s competition for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program and the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for academic year 2014-2015, LETA was informed by the U.S. Embassy's Press and Culture Department.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Forum, Latvia, USA
Baltic States: Opinion
Lithuanian Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius gave a speech at Traditional and Renewable Energy Forum 2013, reported BC the PM's press service.
Keyword tags: Direct Speech, Energy, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
30.04.2013.Vjaceslavs Dombrovskis sees Latvia as "weak" country, which doesn’t listen to entrepreneurs
19.04.2013.Zbigniew Brzezinski: Europe’s main problem is that today’s European Union is more of banks than of people
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
02.12.2011.Features of ethnic identity and social adaptation of the Latvians working in England and Ireland
Nobel Prize winner in Economics, Princeton University Professor Paul Krugman will not participate in the First Riga Economic Forum due to the unexpected political controversy that his invitation to the forum has caused in Latvia, as the organizers of the forum informed the Nozare.lv business portal, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Economics, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
- 17.05.2013Electric Marathon Tallinn-Monte Carlo 2013 postponed
- 17.05.2013Real estate purchase transactions in Latvia increase by 13.8% in Q1
- 17.05.2013Central bank: shutting down Liepajas metalurgs will reduce GDP growth by 0.6-0.7%
- 17.05.2013Time is running out in deciding the location of LNG terminal
- 17.05.2013Lithuanian shipping company's earnings increased in January-March
- 16.05.2013In foreign trade of Latvia exports increases more rapidly than imports in Q1
- 16.05.2013EU Commission notes significant shortcomings in Latvia's reforms
- 16.05.2013Riga Airport's passenger turnover unchanged in Q1
- 16.05.2013Biggest EUR 6.8 mln drug seizure in Lithuania's history
- 16.05.2013Annual inflation down to 1.4% in EU in April; Latvia registers deflation
- 16.05.2013CPB carrying out search at Riga City Council's Transportation Department
- 16.05.2013Sixth person charged in Daimler affair in Latvia
- 16.05.2013Lithuania records EU's 2nd steepest increase in export in 2 months
- 16.05.2013Czech Republic will do the best to support Lithuania's presidency of EU Council
- 16.05.2013Latvijas dzelzcels must choose between switching to electric trains and buying new diesels
- 16.05.2013News platform of Latvia's new public medium goes online