Good for Business
Good for Business
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on provisional data, in October 2015, the turnover (VAT excluded) of retail trade enterprises* amounted to EUR 779.6 million; against September 2015, it increased by 2.9% at constant prices (seasonally and working day adjusted – increased by 0.6%).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Good for Business, Lithuania, Markets and Companies, Retail
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Statistics Lithuania informs that, based on more comprehensive business, tax and price statistics, in III quarter 2015, GDP at current prices amounted to EUR 10 012.9 million. Compared to the same period of 2014, the real GDP change stood at 1.7% (1) (seasonally and working day unadjusted – 1.7%).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Economics, GDP, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
27.11.2015.Straujuma: 16 + 1 Summit reached a clear perspective on cooperation between China and CEE
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The CEO of Lietuvos Gelezinkeliai (Lithuanian Railways, or LG) says that Lietuvos Juru Laivininkyste's (Lithuanian Shipping Company, or LJL) bankruptcy is inevitable and that the shipping company's majority shareholder and SEB Bankas, its biggest creditor, have agreed to provide 1.2 million euros to ensure that the ships and their crews can safely return to European ports, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Port, Railways, Transport
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Total budget tax revenue in January-October 2015 in Latvia was EUR 5.9 billion, or 99.7% of the target, the Finance Ministry told LETA.
Keyword tags: Budget, Financial Services, Latvia, Taxation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Estonian schools have a smaller average class size than schools in any other member state of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), a fresh OECD study the findings of which were published on Tuesday shows, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Estonia, EU – Baltic States, Society
Baltic States: Opinion
This essay was written by me for the October issue of the “Baltic Rim Economies Review”, published by the Pan-European Institute of the School of Economics at the University of Turku, Finland. The publication reviews its opinion on the important issues of development set out by experts from 80 countries, including EU commissioners, prime ministers, members of parliaments, regional decision-makers, executive directors of major corporations, representatives of media, leading academics among other experts
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Integration, Latvia, Legislation
07.10.2015.Barbara Stöttinger: innovative studying environment and programs’ variety is WU Vienna's success
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
Riga will be hosting Baltic Cup 2015, the largest specialized exhibition of cats in the Baltics, this weekend, Juris Antonovs, acting board chairman of "CFCA" cat breeders' association, told LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies
29.10.2015.Kalnina-Lukasevica presents Latvia’s experience at the Open Government Partnership Summit
- 27.11.2015Lithuanian shipper DFDS Seaways generates EUR 129.4 mln revenue in 9 months
- 27.11.2015Latvian PM discussed cooperation in transportation with Chinese premier
- 27.11.2015Estonian PM discusses economic relations with Chinese president, finmin
- 27.11.2015Eesti Meedia eyeing MTG TV channels in Latvia
- 27.11.2015Lembergs family still wealthiest in Latvia
- 27.11.201527.7% children were at risk of poverty or social exclusion in EU in 2015
- 27.11.2015Lithuania’s haulers association warns against exacerbation of relations with Russia
- 27.11.2015Latvian Saeima passes National Security Concept
- 27.11.2015Netflix could enter Estonia in 2016
- 27.11.2015NordBalt, LitPol Link to be added to electricity exchange in 2 weeks
- 26.11.2015Social protection expenditure in Latvia increased by 2.3% in 2014
- 26.11.2015In Q3, the real monthly gross wages in Estonia increased by 7.5%
- 26.11.2015Ambassador: Latvian businessmen to benefit from TTIP
- 26.11.2015Lithuania becoming strategic partner for China
- 26.11.2015Reinforcing financial stability: Commission initiates deposit insurance scheme
- 26.11.2015Lampe & Schwartze seeks EUR 0.7 mln from Lithuania's troubled shipper LJL