Good for Business
Good for Business
The Tallinn Town Council directed to the city council a draft decision to allow all Tallinners to use a vessel on a line Tallinn-Aegna-Tallinn for free, informed LETA the press service of the City of Tallinn.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Good for Business, Legislation, Tourism, Transport
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
On Thursday, by adopting the Law on the Euro Adoption, as well as secondary legislation, the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas) has established the legal basis to introduce the new currency in Lithuania, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, GDP, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The European Commission (EC) approved of the initiative proposed by Lithuania and established an additional possibility to cover losses sustained by pig farmers due to preventive measures against African swine fever, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Legislation, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
17.04.2014.Matiss: there won’t be a reduction in Russian cargo going through Latvia's transit corridor
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Riigikogu approved on Wednesday with 88 for votes the law of amendments to the credit institutions law and other connected laws, which among other things will bring tougher capital requirements for banks, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
On Wednesday, the National Forum of Educators entitled Education in Lithuania in the Context of the EU: How to Ensure Rational Funding and Safe School took place in the Seimas, informs LETA/ELTA, referring to Respublika.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
Baltic States: Opinion
The article analyses education in Russia and some other countries in the context of human capital formation. The latter is considered as a major prerequisite for economic development.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Economics, Education and Science, Forum
Pension issues in the EU member states are regulated by the so-called supplementary division of competences and are subject to different means from numerous policies. Several Commissioners are responsible for integration process concerning persons under retirement age, i.e. mostly those on pensions. At the same time, these issues are, generally, within the member states competence. Hence, most of them need both political and socio-economic solution.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Investments, Markets and Companies, Pensioners, Round Table
At the Boao Forum for Asia-2014 (BFA) one of the most promising projects of Kazakhstan – info-communicative platform G-Global and the Astana Economic Forum – was presented to the world public. BFA, the main task of which is to promote economic cooperation in the Asian region, has become an excellent platform for the presentation of Kazakhstan's initiatives.
Keyword tags: China, Economics, Forum, Technology
09.04.2014.Solutions for speeding up economic growth will be sought at the Turku Baltic Sea Days 2014
08.04.2014.Representatives from more than 100 companies participate in Baltic Business Summit in Riga
07.04.2014.Astana Economic Forum – Kazakhstan’s sustainable energy strategy for international peer review
- 17.04.2014Civil servants' salaries in Lithuania to be compensated
- 16.04.2014Salaries in Lithuania are projected to rise by 5.8-6.9% in 2014-2017
- 16.04.2014Latvenergo Group looks at EUR 46 mln profit in 2013
- 16.04.2014Lithuanian companies are preparing for euro, while residents remain indifferent
- 16.04.2014Latvia registers EU's third lowest annual inflation in March
- 16.04.2014Estonia’s Pro Kapital's revenue decreases in 2013
- 16.04.2014Rinkevics in Finland calls for strengthening practical Baltic-Nordic cooperation
- 16.04.2014Äripäev: Sanctions against Russia would be tougher on Latvia than on Estonia
- 16.04.2014Vopak E.O.S. will launch redundancies
- 16.04.2014Supporters of the referendum to ban the sale of land to foreigners in Lithuania are prosecuted
- 16.04.2014Vasiliauskas presents Lithuania's preparedness for adoption of euro to Central Banks of Ireland and Finland
- 16.04.2014Rail Baltica has reached dead end
- 16.04.2014Veshnyakov: Russia is not planning any economic sanctions against Latvia
- 16.04.2014Lithuanian PM: poles do not plan to sell ORLEN Lietuva
- 16.04.2014Straujuma and Canadian PM discuss by phone situation in Ukraine
- 16.04.2014Latvia registers EU's third smallest reduction in exports in January