Good for Business
Good for Business
Valmiera Glass Group posted EUR 108.44 million in audited consolidated turnover in 2014 – the highest annual sales since the company was established, according to the company's consolidated financial statement submitted to "Nasdaq Riga" stock exchange, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
Gradual economic recovery continues in Central European and Baltic countries despite the Russia-Ukraine conflict in 2015, Russia's food embargo, and the economic downturn in Russia, according to "Eastern European Outlook" published by SEB banka, informs LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Baltic States – CIS, Economics, EU – Baltic States, GDP
01.04.2015.In June 2013, there were 171.8 thousand farms producing agricultural products in Lithuania
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Starting April 1, 2015, Estonian foreign representations shall be accepting applications to obtain e-resident digital identification cards, Foreign Ministry press department announces BC.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Internet, Legislation, Technology
31.03.2015.Stradins Hospital posts insignificant profit in 2014; Riga East Hospital – EUR 8.8 mln losses
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The commercial bank PrivatBank earned EUR 5.708 million in 2014, while the group's profit reached EUR 5.99 million, according to the bank's audited financial report for the last quarter of 2014, cites LETA.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
On 30 March 2015, the General Jonas Zematis Military Academy of Lithuania hosted military experts from the Ministry of Defence of China, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: China, Education and Science, Legislation, Lithuania, Security
12.03.2015.The Vatican hosted a Latvian Presidency seminar about the unique facsimile of the Terra Mariana album
25.02.2015.Inara Vilkaste will give a joy to the inmates of boarding-school at the exhibition “Book 2015” in Riga
Baltic States: Opinion
Address by Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma at the Social Partners’ Forum "The Role of Social Dialogue in Ensuring Economic Growth and High Quality Jobs”.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia, Society
26.02.2015.Straujuma: Europe is affected by a number of aspects, ranging from local political pressures to changes in macroeconomic environment
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
At 24.00 on April 11, the submission of entries to VII International advertising and marketing Festival White Square, Minsk, Belarus, will be finished. No more prolongation!!!
Keyword tags: Advertising, Baltic States – CIS, Belarus, Forum
- 31.03.2015Latvian transport minister defends idea of Rail Baltica track line connecting airport
- 31.03.2015Section of new wing at Stradins Hospital in Riga will have to be taken down
- 31.03.2015Orange bikes' season begins in Vilnius
- 31.03.2015Alexela will become Finnish Hamina LNG terminal shareholder
- 31.03.2015Latvian Saeima committee approves higher excise tax rates for alcoholic beverages
- 31.03.2015Commission studying KGB documents to work under University of Latvia's auspices
- 31.03.2015Commissioner Dombrovskis in Riga: reforms are impossible without involvement of social partners
- 31.03.2015Russia finds excessive benzopyrene amounts in Latvian sprats
- 31.03.2015Fitch gives Lithuania A-, outlook stable
- 31.03.2015Lattelecom: finding buyers for TV channel offers without Russian TV is a problem
- 31.03.2015Swedbank Lithuania: household consumption is becoming increasing factor of economic growth
- 31.03.2015Estonian Air's loss in 2014 was higher than expected
- 31.03.2015Lithuanian president's office: Russia's measures seek to destabilize situation in Baltics
- 31.03.2015Euro area economic confidence in March reaches highest level since July 2011
- 31.03.2015Association: not only district heating Lithuanian consumers should pay for LNG terminal
- 31.03.2015Modern cyber spying software being used against Lithuanian institutions