Good for Business
Good for Business
At a meeting of the Estonian Payment Environment Forum in Eesti Pank, the commercial banks confirmed that interbank payments have been being made earlier in the morning since 21 November 2016. Clients can now receive payments to their accounts from another bank earlier on the mornings of working days than before. This is one of the biggest changes affecting the speed of payments since the Estonian banks joined the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA).
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Good for Business, Innovations, Internet
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
Two thirds or 67% of minorities living in Latvia feel close ties with the country, according to a study conducted by the Baltic Institute of Social Sciences "Minority Participation in Democratic Processes in Latvia", reports LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Demography, Lithuania, Society
07.12.2016.Latvia is aware of Belarus' military orientation but dialogue with this neighbor country is necessary - Defense Ministry
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The biggest passenger ferry of the listed Estonian shipper Tallink Grupp, Silja Europa, is to return to the Tallinn-Helsinki route on Monday, Dec. 12 after being refurbished for 16 mln euros, reports LETA/BNS.
08.12.2016.Electricity flowed unusually in Latvia-Estonia and Estonia-Finland directions in November
07.12.2016.Motorists pay EUR 2.88 million in fines for violations recorded by speed cameras this year
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Investors are interested in investing in the Baltic states, but Latvia does not offer officially defined arguments why investments should be made in Latvia, said Klavins Ellex lawyers office's partner Raimonds Saidins in an interview with LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Investments, Latvia
07.12.2016.Balta insurer pays record-high EUR 4.85 mln indemnity for damage caused by fire at Lignums plant
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Latvia has been helping Kabul Polytechnic University in the Afghan capital city by providing teaching aids to the university's department of railway engineering, LETA was told at the Latvian Transport Ministry.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Export, Latvia
25.10.2016.The study defines a new concept of "exploitative sham marriages" and proposes recommendations for their reduction
Baltic States: Opinion
n the third quarter of 2016 the current account had a surplus of 93.4 mil. euro (1.5% of gross domestic product (GDP)).
30.11.2016.Rubesa: next year's tasks of the Rail Baltic/Rail Baltica project – to achieve project maturity and implement efficient use of resources
29.11.2016.Italy’s Constitutional Referendum: What Are the Possible Scenarios for the Italian Financial Sector?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Rietumu Bank’s new 2017 desktop calendar has been released. The cross-cutting theme of this calendar is charity. The twelve stories on its pages cover projects, facilities, or simply good deeds which have been supported by Rietumu Bank or its Charity Fund, Rietumu banka representative said BC.
Keyword tags: Banks, Culture, Financial Services, Latvia, Society
- 07.12.2016Lithuania's rate of smokers above EU average - Eurostat
- 06.12.2016Estonian farm minister resigns after less than 2 weeks on the job
- 06.12.2016Estonian apartment market not in danger of overheating
- 06.12.2016PISA 2015: Estonia's basic education best in Europe
- 06.12.2016Alberta Government official visits Riga Port to discuss opportunities for cooperation in oil product exports
- 06.12.2016Few Saeima members serve or want to serve in Home Guard
- 06.12.2016Premiums expected to grow in line with GDP
- 06.12.2016Attempted theft of the author’s right to the film “Attempt on the State. Inconvenient Vashkevich”
- 06.12.2016Integration and European values: challenges abound
- 06.12.2016One-tenth of Lithuanians want to emigrate for good
- 06.12.2016Latvia’s national carrier airBaltic to launch flights from Riga to Madrid in May 2017
- 05.12.2016Rietumu Banka earn biggest profits in banking sector in nine months - ALCB
- 05.12.2016Lithuanian energy holding and EIB sign EUR 190 mln loan contract
- 05.12.2016Lithuanian carriers founding own rest areas for drivers in Europe
- 05.12.2016Defense ministers of Latvia and Belarus to sign defense cooperation agreement
- 05.12.2016Volume of Estonian real estate funds doubles in 2 yrs