Good for Business
Good for Business
Estonian Food and Veterinary Office (FVO) and the Veterinary Office of Ukraine signed export certificates according to which Estonian pig farmers have a chance to start exporting live pigs to Ukraine, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Agriculture, Baltic Export, Baltic States – CIS, Estonia, Good for Business, Markets and Companies
27.05.2015.Cinema attendance reached an all-time record since the restoration of Estonia’s independence
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
The Government of Lithuania has adopted a Resolution to the Draft Law on Establishing the Principal Structure of the Armed Forces in 2016, Establishing the Planned Principal Structure of the Armed Forces in 2021 and Approving the Margin Number of Statutory Servants in the National Defence Forces in 2016 and 2021, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Law and Regulations, Legislation, Lithuania, Security
27.05.2015.Latvia: for the growth in developing countries, financial support and their capacity to implement reforms are of equal importance
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
On May 27th, Rimantas Sinkevicius, Minister of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania, met with the delegation from Oman led by Dr Salim Sultan Al Ruzaiqi, CEO of Information Technology Authority. During the meeting, the parts agreed to mutual cooperation in developing the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), reported BC the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Lithuania, Technology
28.05.2015.Coercion of Latvijas Avize founder shows the attitude media owners have towards editorial independence
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
The Latvian banking sector operated with a profit of EUR 148.6 million in the first four months of 2015, reports LETA, according to the Financial and Capital Market Commission's preliminary data about Latvian banks' performance in the first quarter.
Keyword tags: Banks, Financial Services, Latvia
26.05.2015.Swedbank would gladly issue EUR 1 bln in loans if Latvian companies were ready to accept it
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
A book about Latvian, Baltic, and Nordic films and the filmmaking industry – "Stork Flying over Pinewood", which was officially presented by Liv Ullmann at the Riga International Film Festival 2014, has landed in bookstores.
Keyword tags: Book review, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Markets and Companies
14.05.2015.Latvian and foreign experts to discuss EU’s and Russia’s “soft power” in the Baltic States and Eastern Neighbourhood
13.05.2015.Minister: Latvian schools with small number of pupils won’t be able to employ many teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
In an interview with LETA, the former director of the Constitutional Protection Bureau Janis Kazocins said that if Russian President Vladimir Putin loses power, even darker times could fall on Russia.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, Latvia, Legislation, Russia
12.05.2015.Kristalina Georgieva: Latvia is among five countries feeling the largest benefits from EU budget
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
President Dalia Grybauskaite opened Konrad Adenauer Foundation’s conference. In her welcome address, the President underlined that only a strong, dynamic and united EU can meet the expectations of its citizens and counterbalance the challenges faced, reports BC presidential press service.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
- 27.05.2015Estonian employers want to raise minimum wage to 448 euros in 2 years, trade unions – by a quarter more
- 27.05.2015Latvian Presidency in EU: the balance between human rights and technological progress should be found
- 27.05.2015The number of million-earners doubled in Estonia in 2014
- 27.05.2015Numerous violations in Lithuania's waste management sector revealed
- 27.05.2015Latvian president praises work of NATO Center of Excellence for Strategic Communications
- 27.05.2015Lithuania's Tripartite Council discusses labour relations again
- 27.05.2015Regional security – common interest of Lithuania and U.S.
- 27.05.2015Lithuanian citizen formally charged with espionage in Russia
- 27.05.2015Businessman: production in Latvia becoming unprofitable due to high mandatory procurement component
- 26.05.2015In Q1, gross earnings in Lithuania decreased by 2.1%
- 26.05.2015Latvian Finance Ministry projects 2.1% growth in 2015; inflation forecast at 0.4%
- 26.05.2015Lithuania strongly supports Georgia
- 26.05.2015Melbarde revives idea of new concert hall in Riga
- 26.05.2015Net profit of Ryanair grew by 66% in 2014
- 26.05.2015Latvian CultMin will need almost EUR 9 mln for 'pressing matters' in 2016
- 26.05.2015Estonian Nelja Energia issued EUR 50 mln worth of bonds