Good for Business
Good for Business
In the third quarter of 2014, the number of job vacancies in Lithuania stood at 11,700, reports LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Employment, Good for Business, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
In the 3rd quarter of 2014 the number of unemployed persons in the age group 15 to 74 years accounted for 104.9 thsd persons, according to the results of the Labour Force Survey conducted by the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia (CSB). 18.9 thsd or 18% of the total number of unemployed persons were aged 15-24.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, Employment, Labour-market, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
On 19 November, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Lithuania adopted decision by cassation in cases regarding the legal obligation of the state of buyout of the shares of the expired legal entity AB Lietuvos Elektrine of the minority shareholders and the correct pricing of these shares, informs LETA/ELTA.
Keyword tags: Energy, Legislation, Lithuania
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
There are six local municipalities in Estonia who have exceeded the net debt burden ceiling two years in a row and the Estonian Finance Ministry launched adjustment proceedings regarding them, LETA/Public Broadcasting reports.
Keyword tags: Budget, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation, Loan
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Edward Lucas, one of the most prominent British columnists analysing geopolitical situation in the Eastern Europe, has been awarded Vytautas Magnus University (VDU) Honorary Doctorate. The ceremony took place on 20 November, the university said in a press release.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania
30.10.2014.Education minister candidate’s priorities in Latvia – attraction and quality preparation of teachers
Baltic States: Opinion
During his visit to Lithuania, Edward Lucas, one of the most prominent British columnists analysing geopolitical situation in the Eastern Europe, urged Lithuania to pay more attention to dissemination of its success stories and be more active in fight with the even smallest provocations of Russia in their early stages.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Lithuania
30.09.2014.Genyte-Pikciene: footprints of Russian bear more visible in economic expectations of Lithuania
The article underlines the Commission efforts towards media sector plays a key economic, social and cultural role in the EU. Generally, Europe has a strong media industry, which creates growth and jobs and presents European life, history, culture and values around the world. The media landscape is following a transformation, characterized by a steady increase of convergence of media services, with a visible move towards intertwining traditional broadcast and internet. The EU institutions cannot do much about regulating the media sector in the member states as these “regulations”, according to the Lisbon Treaty, are of supplementing and coordinating character.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Round Table, Technology
The meeting of the Baltic Assembly, that administers cooperation of Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian parliaments, focuses on Monday in Latvia on security and the Ukrainian crisis, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, EU – Baltic States, Forum, Ukraine
- 22.11.2014EU Commission: Lithuania well prepared for euro
- 22.11.2014EPP: EU's growth and stability is the most important at the moment
- 22.11.2014Lithuania and EU didn‘t support Russia's resolution at UN which attempts to manipulate history
- 22.11.2014Finance Ministry: Estonia is not a high tax burden state
- 21.11.2014In January–October, industrial production dropped by 1.2% in Lithuania
- 21.11.2014Average tourist in Riga: 36 years old male who spends EUR 74.86 a day
- 21.11.2014Completing Europe: from the North-South Corridor to energy, transportation and telecommunications union
- 21.11.2014Prosecutor brings charges against 6 persons in Daugavpils siltumtikli bribery affair
- 21.11.2014Estonians like buying smarter TV sets
- 21.11.2014Google still most-visited website in Latvia
- 21.11.2014Lithuanian Cgates to be sold
- 21.11.2014Canadian Parliamentary delegation visits Latvian MFA
- 21.11.2014One year passes since Maxima supermarket collapse in Zolitude
- 21.11.2014Riga Construction Board inspects about 4,000 buildings in January-September
- 21.11.2014Estonian government supports creating a Russian-language TV channel
- 21.11.2014Russia doesn’t see the possibility for ratification of border treaty now