Good for Business
Good for Business
Latvian Finance Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola (Greens/Farmers) and the Finance Minister of Cyprus, Charis Georgiades, in Brussels signed the Convention for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Taxes on Income, the Latvian Finance Ministry said LETA.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Good for Business, Latvia, Legislation, Markets and Companies, Taxation
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Business in Europe
According to Statistics Estonia, in the 1st quarter of 2016, the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 1,091 euros and the average hourly gross wages and salaries were 6.86 euros. Compared to the 1st quarter of 2015, the average monthly gross wages and salaries increased by 8.1% and the average hourly gross wages and salaries by 7.7%.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Estonia, Financial Services, Markets and Companies, Wages
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
The Lithuanian company Transaviabaltika has won a tender of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications to operate subsidized flights between the mainland and Estonia's large western islands, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Airport, Estonia, Legislation, Lithuania, Transport
25.05.2016.Financing to Rail Baltica project might be threatened without common stance of Baltic States
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
According to the Estonian financial sector trade union EFTL, after the leaving of the former union representative of Nordea Estonia, Hannes Veskimae, the relationship between the bank and the union has not improved and the union is accusing the bank's board of blocking the concluding of a collective agreement and breaching the Trade Union Act, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: Banks, Estonia, Financial Services, Legislation
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
On April 5, 2016, the WU Executive Academy and the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management invited the new Global Executive MBA class to Vienna's splendid Palais Coburg for a remarkable welcome reception: Despite the difficult economic climate and a decline in the global MBA market, the class is not only the biggest but also the most international cohort of students in the program's history.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Technology
Baltic States: Opinion
In context of escalating religious tensions internationally, world leaders must do more. Religious tension is one of the main drivers of contemporary conflict, yet global leaders woefully neglect this issue in international diplomacy, focusing rather on political engagement and conventional nation state politics.
Keyword tags: Baltic States – CIS, Direct Speech, EU – Baltic States, Legislation, Security, USA
11.04.2016.Governance of State-Owned Enterprises is challenge on the road towards Latvia’s OECD accession
01.04.2016.Having launched and led the battle against offshore tax evasion. Is America source of the issue?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
With more than 150 shared services centers, commonly known as « SSCs », the Baltic states are one of the main actors in the outsourcing business industry in the North of Europe. The Baltic Strategic Shared Services Conference will take place in Vilnius on 12-14 October 2016.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Forum, Lithuania, Markets and Companies
19.05.2016.Pildegovics emphasizes Latvia's role in strengthening cooperation between Europe, Central Asia and China
- 25.05.2016Sales of Estonian food industry decline 4.8% in 2015
- 24.05.2016Lithuanian MFA discussed safety of Ostrovets NPP with EU Commission Vice-President
- 24.05.2016Latvian government approves EUR 6.2 mln aid to dairy farmers
- 24.05.2016UN members give 173 recommendations on human rights to Latvia
- 24.05.2016Latvijas Tilti not to sign agreement on reconstruction of quays at Klaipeda port
- 24.05.2016EU reaffirms support in solving issue of Estonian ship guards jailed in India
- 24.05.2016Audit: problems with tugboat services cost Freeport of Riga over EUR 1 mln
- 24.05.2016SEB: Latvia’s GDP to show the fastest growth in Baltics in 2017
- 24.05.2016Audit Office: the government rushed its decisions regarding Estonian Air
- 24.05.2016Privatization Agency: investors interested in KVV Liepajas Metalurgs assets
- 24.05.2016Baltic Cruises Investment bought EUR 18.5 mln worth of Tallink shares
- 24.05.2016Orlen doesn't ask for higher discounts from Lithuanian Railways
- 24.05.2016EP panel gives green light to Lithuania's Sadzius for European Court of Auditors
- 24.05.2016CIA prison case: Guantanamo detainee asks Vilnius court for victim status
- 24.05.2016Developer now eyeing Paldiski as location for pump storage power plant in Estonia
- 24.05.2016Trilini Energy cleared to acquire Gazprom's stake in Eesti Gaas