Good for Business
Good for Business
At the annual Export and Innovation Award Ceremony, organized by the Economics Ministry and Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA), this year's Leading Exporter award was presented to the joint-stock flour producer Dobeles Dzirnavnieks, as the LIAA informed LETA.
Keyword tags: Baltic Export, Good for Business, Latvia, Markets and Companies
Baltic States: News & Analytics
Analytics, EU – Baltic States, Baltic States – CIS, Legislation, Modern EU
The registered unemployment rate in Latvia was 8 % in November this year or 0.1 % up from October, the State Employment Agency said LETA.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Labour-market, Latvia
09.12.2016.The surplus on the current account of the Estonian balance of payments reached a record level in the 3Q
Baltic States: Economy
Transport, Markets and Companies, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Tourism, LIVE RĪGA, Baltic export
Heating tariffs in Riga will slightly grow in December compared to November – to EUR 42.54 per MWh (VAT excluded), Linda Rence, a representatives of Rigas Siltums municipal heating company said LETA.
Keyword tags: Energy, Energy Market, Latvia, Markets and Companies
08.12.2016.Electricity flowed unusually in Latvia-Estonia and Estonia-Finland directions in November
Baltic States: Finances & Investments
Financial Services, Investments, Buy / Sell Business
Investors are interested in investing in the Baltic states, but Latvia does not offer officially defined arguments why investments should be made in Latvia, said Klavins Ellex lawyers office's partner Raimonds Saidins in an interview with LETA.
Keyword tags: Financial Services, Investments, Latvia
07.12.2016.Balta insurer pays record-high EUR 4.85 mln indemnity for damage caused by fire at Lignums plant
Education and Science
Education and Science, Economic History, Book review
Latvia has been helping Kabul Polytechnic University in the Afghan capital city by providing teaching aids to the university's department of railway engineering, LETA was told at the Latvian Transport Ministry.
Keyword tags: Education and Science, Export, Latvia
25.10.2016.The study defines a new concept of "exploitative sham marriages" and proposes recommendations for their reduction
Baltic States: Opinion
The current account surplus diminished in the first half of the year, but in the third quarter it was again bigger than at the same time last year. One cause of the increase in the surplus was the broad-based acceleration in growth in exports of goods and services. At the same time, preliminary estimates show investment to have been less in the third quarter than at the same time a year ago, which held back growth in imports.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Banks, Direct Speech, Economics, Estonia, Financial Services, GDP
30.11.2016.Rubesa: next year's tasks of the Rail Baltic/Rail Baltica project – to achieve project maturity and implement efficient use of resources
29.11.2016.Italy’s Constitutional Referendum: What Are the Possible Scenarios for the Italian Financial Sector?
Commission proposed (18 May) its 2016 country-specific recommendations (CSRs), setting out economic policy guidance for all EU states for the next 12-18 months. In addition to efforts already identified in EU-2020 strategy, this economic guidance instrument focuses on priority reforms to strengthen the recovery of EU-28 economies by boosting investment, implementing structural reforms and pursuing fiscal responsibility.
Keyword tags: Analytics, Education and Science, EU – Baltic States, Financial Services, Latvia, Legislation, Round Table
Rietumu Bank’s new 2017 desktop calendar has been released. The cross-cutting theme of this calendar is charity. The twelve stories on its pages cover projects, facilities, or simply good deeds which have been supported by Rietumu Bank or its Charity Fund, Rietumu banka representative said BC.
Keyword tags: Banks, Culture, Financial Services, Latvia, Society
- 08.12.2016Latvia continues to lag behind Baltic Sea region's average level
- 07.12.2016Latvia is aware of Belarus' military orientation but dialogue with this neighbor country is necessary - Defense Ministry
- 07.12.2016Government should do more to support Latvians living in Ireland
- 07.12.2016RAM Experts: Industrial metals rally, boosted by Trumponomics expectations
- 07.12.2016Savisaar sought money for party from Russia in 2014
- 07.12.2016Lithuania's rate of smokers above EU average - Eurostat
- 07.12.2016Norwegian Airlines could open up base at Riga Airport next year
- 07.12.2016Motorists pay EUR 2.88 million in fines for violations recorded by speed cameras this year
- 07.12.2016Estonian Natl Audit Office: Eesti Energia carried out Utah project in hurry
- 06.12.2016German mobile bank N26 expands to Estonia
- 06.12.2016eGA to develop e-services for administrative service centres in Ukraine
- 06.12.2016Elering announces tender for construction of Estonian-Latvian power connection
- 06.12.2016Estonian farm minister resigns after less than 2 weeks on the job
- 06.12.2016Estonian apartment market not in danger of overheating
- 06.12.2016PISA 2015: Estonia's basic education best in Europe
- 06.12.2016Alberta Government official visits Riga Port to discuss opportunities for cooperation in oil product exports