International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics
Friday, 03.07.2015, 20:19
The Estonian motobikers community is organising a ride that could involve over a thousand people, which they say is in support of the village residents of Vao, the location of Estonia's only refugee centre; the North East Estonian Rakvere police station head Indrek Link said that the organisers of the Saturday's motorcycle ride have contacted the police and a public meeting notice has been submitted; LETA/Delfi reports.
Keyword tags: Estonia, Forum, Legislation, Security, Transport
PM: knowledge learned during Latvia's Presidency has to be used for further development of the nation30.06.2015
Latvia should use the experience and knowledge gained from the Presidency at the Council of the European Union for the country's further development, Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma said today during a press conference at the Latvian National Library, the main venue for the Presidency, reports LETA.
Taking into consideration a difficult situation in Tunisia, the Lithuanian tour operator Novaturas UAB has cancelled the planned flights to Tunisia as of Monday, 29 June until 10 September, the Lithuanian State Tourism Department (VTD) said, cites LETA/ELTA.
Among residents of the Baltic States, the ERGO Security Index has shown a slight improvement in the mood of people in Latvia and Lithuania in comparison to last year, while it has declined by two points in Estonia. The overall index in Latvia in 2015 is -12 (-13 last year), in Lithuania it is -4 (-5), while in Estonia it has dropped from +8 in 2014 to +6 this year, reports BC ERGO communication manager Inese Kronberga.
Estonian Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas emphasised the importance of collaboration between regions in the changed security situation at the EU-CELAC Summit in Brussels on June 10th 2015, reports BC governmental press service.
On June 10th evening, the website of the Joint Staff of Lithuanian Armed Forces was hacked: the hackers announced that Lithuania is going to occupy Kaliningrad, reports LETA/ELTA.
Molycorp Silmet AS Board Chairman David O'Brock said that the Silmet production facility that burnt on June 9th 2015 is no longer fit for use, but production continues in another building in the company's premises, LETA/Postimees Online reports.