International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics
Saturday, 23.10.2021, 21:39
LTG Infra, the infrastructure subsidiary of Lietuvos Gelezinkeliai (Lithuanian Railways, LTG), has took over the ownership of land necessary for the construction of the European-gauge railway Rail Baltica's stretch from Kaunas to the border with Latvia, informs LETA/BNS.
Keyword tags: EU – Baltic States, Good for Business, Latvia, Lithuania, Railways, Real Estate, Transport
The freight volume of Estonian ports increased to 27.9 million tons in the first nine months of 2020, which is 2 percent more than last year, while the volume of freight carried by rail decreased to 11.5 mln tons at the same time, which is approximately 30% less than in the same period a year ago, reported LETA/BNS.
The joint tender submitted by OU Reaalprojekt and Nord Projekt AS in the amount of 1.86 million euros won the design tender announced in September for the Rail Baltic rolling stock depot to be built in the rural municipality of Rae near Tallinn, informs LETA/BNS.
In the first 11 months of 2020, shipping of rail freight in Latvia fell 44.8% from the same period a year ago to 21.227 million tons, writes LETA, according to the data released by the Transport Ministry.
ithuanian Transport Minister Marius Skuodis has on Tuesday cancelled the decision made by his predecessor Jaroslav Narkevic at the end of his term over the appointment of a new board of the state-owned railway company Lietuvos Gelezinkeliai (Lithuanian Railways, LG), writes LETA/BNS.
Although raising the maximum speed of passenger trains to 160 kilometers per hour (km/h) was set as a goal in the railway development agendas already in 2012, there is no intention or plan to achieve this in the next ten years, the Estonian National Audit Office said its review published on December 15, informs LETA/BNS.
Rail Baltica, a European-gauge railway under construction in the three Baltic countries, has received another 214.3 million euros in funding, with 182.2 million euros, or 85%, allocated under the Connecting Europe Facility and the remaining 15% to be contributed by the governments, informs LETA.