Good for Business, Latvia, LIVE RIGA, Technology, Telecomunications, Tourism

International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics Thursday, 27.11.2014, 03:32

Electronic version of "Latvia. Travel Guide" for iPad released

Nina Kolyako, BC, Riga, 15.03.2012.Print version
Ahead of the approaching tourism season, map publisher Karsu izdevnieciba Jana seta has released electronic version of the 2011 version of "Latvia. Travel Guide" for iPad tablet computers, the company's representative Gvido Petersons told Nozare.lv.

The guide is mostly meant for foreign travelers who have little to none information about Latvia, and also recommendations to make their visit safe and memorable. The guide offers information on the history and geography of Latvia as well as about such day-to-day subjects as shopping, driving habits, public toilets and transports, language, customs, holidays, and much more. The guide informs about the largest ethnic minorities in Latvia and their cultural heritage, as well as the key personalities in Latvia's history, reports LETA/Nozare.lv.

 

The guide provides information on almost 400 tourist attractions supplemented with photographs, and more than 100 maps of Latvia. The guide also has a chapter on all 99 tourist information centers in Latvia, contact details of 280 museums and 1,450 tourist accommodations in all Latvia's regions.

 

"Latvia. Travel Guide" costs LVL 4.19 at "MacAppStore". In the near future, a new version of the guide for "Android" tablet computers will also be released, as well as the Russian-language version of the electronic guide.

 

Karsu izdevnieciba Jana seta was established in 1992. Janis Turlajs has a 44% stake in the company and company Solvina the other 56%. The company employs 35 people at the moment.

 

The company's profit in 2010 was LVL 173,677, up from LVL 73,873 in 2009. The company's turnover increased from LVL 1.01 million in 2009 to LVL 1.06 million in 2010.






Search site