Forum, Latvia, Markets and Companies

International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics Thursday, 28.03.2024, 13:15

The dates of the 27th RIGA FASHION WEEK announced

BC, Riga, 22.09.2017.Print version
The Baltic Fashion Federation has announced the dates of the 27th RIGA FASHION WEEK that will take place in Riga on October 24 - 28. Within the coming Fashion week the spring-summer 2018 pret-a-porter collections by the best Latvian and foreign designers will be presented and the 3rd international lingerie industry forum will also take place.

This fall RIGA FASHION WEEK will be represented by the new unique image displaying the mood of the coming Fashion week that was created by the stylist Olga Kolotova. The RFW official image features a dress from the collection of the famous Latvian designer Anna Led. This time the face of the RIGA FASHION WEEK is a girl from Riga - Luize Daksa who isn't actually a professional model, but she attracted attention of the RFW organizers by her non-standard appearance and bright hair colour. The look of Luize was created also by the hair stylist Diana Payton, the makeup artist Beate Kudina and the stylist's assistant Jana Babiceva. The photo is the work of the photographer Oleg Zernov.

"The fact that I was chosen as the person of the image campaign of the RIGA FASHION WEEK was a total surprise for me. I am not a professional model, I participate in shootings occasionally and for my own pleasure. Of course, it is a great honour to represent such large-scale and important for the city event as the RIGA FASHION WEEK," Luize Daksha admits.

The official program of the RIGA FASHION WEEK will include the third international Lingerie Industry Forum in Latvia that already became an annual event. Due to the fact that the previous Forum within RFW last fall went over with great success, the main organizer of it, the Latvian Investment and Development agency (LIAA), took the decision to continue cooperation with the Baltic Fashion Federation. The third Lingerie Industry Forum in Latvia will gather in Riga the main Latvian producers of underwear and representatives of the large foreign trading and production companies working in this industry for the purpose of establishment of contacts and stimulation of export of services of the domestic enterprises.

Search site