EU – Baltic States, Forum, Latvia

International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics Friday, 29.03.2024, 08:25

Sweden Days in Limbaži to be opened on April 19

BC, Riga, 19.04.2017.Print version
The Ambassador of Sweden to Latvia, Mr Henrik Landerholm and a delegation from the Swedish twinning city Klippan are visiting Limbaži on April 19. The program is full of meetings and visits.

-- One thing that I really like about the Sweden days is the possibility to see the diversity of Latvian cities and its residents and traditions, says ambassador Landerholm.

-- I am looking very much forward to meeting youth from Limbaži gymnasium. You always learn things from young people – and who knows, maybe they will have something to teach me about diplomacy! the ambassador says.

The day will start with a visit to Limbaži Regional Council and meeting with officials.

A meeting with youth, a lecture on the Global Goals for Sustainable development, visit to company Vit Buve and Limbaži library will follow.

Volvo Truck will present Safety on the Roads at Limbažu Primary school at 11.00.

The Sweden Days will also feature the exhibitions Swedish and Latvian Nature by photographer Peo Jonsson, Swedish Crime Scenes, and Raoul Wallenberg: To me there is no other choice. One of the highlights of the day will be the inauguration of the exhibition “AccessAbility” at Limbaži gymnasium. The exhibition is about life with disability and is based on personal stories of fourteen people in Sweden and fourteen people in Latvia, filled with everyday life, dreams, hope, sorrow and joy. 

The official opening of the Sweden Days will take place on April 19 at 17.00 in the Limbažu Main Libary.

Everyone interested is welcome to take part in the events!

Search site