EU – Baltic States, Forum, Health, Latvia, Markets and Companies, Technology

International Internet Magazine. Baltic States news & analytics Wednesday, 24.04.2024, 12:17

Riga will host the largest eHealth conference in Europe

BC, Riga, 07.05.2015.Print version
On 11-13 May 2015, Riga will host the largest e-health event in Europe "eHealth week 2015” and high-level conference "Me and my Health – Transcending Borders”, reports eu2015.lv.

The high level conference on eHealth invites the policy makers and implementers, health industry and information and communication technologies (ICT) developers of the European Union. The aim of the conference is to bring together all partners involved in the health sector, tothoroughly analyse eHealth and healthcare improvement issues. It is planned to discuss the importance of patient involvement in treatment process, jointly seek the best solution for cooperation between the Member States, as well as to get acquainted with the latest trends in ICT solutions.

EHealth week will be opened by Toomas Hendrik Ilves, the President of Estonia, Dr. Guntis Belevics, the Minister for Health of the Republic of Latvia, Vytenis Povilas Andriukaitis, the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety and Claudia Stein, representative of the Regional Office for Europe at the World Health Organization.

The High level eHealth conference ”Me and my Health – Transcending Borders” is organised by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Latvia, the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the European Commission and the non-profit organisation Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).

Search site